Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

1 minute ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Hey @tniickck, you were discussing a perhaps underrated cme awhile back. Is it possible either of the two northern regions about to arrive are related to that cme?  Incidentally, I looked at Lasco last nite and assuming we are dicussing the same cme, it really was impressive! 

I guess, if it was not old 3445

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

What is now region 3477 may have formed on the later half of October 15th being unnumbered going over the limb. There was another unnumbered region that started forming ~30° behind in longitude and ~6° higher in latitude early on October 17th. That might be the best candidate for what's to come.

• Like 2

5 uren geleden, Jesterface23 zei:

What is now region 3477 may have formed on the later half of October 15th being unnumbered going over the limb. There was another unnumbered region that started forming ~30° behind in longitude and ~6° higher in latitude early on October 17th. That might be the best candidate for what's to come.

The one from October 17 is an X flare candidate.

24 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

I think 3460 was our great disappointment two weeks ago.  I think it deserves a chance to redeem itself this pass.  Imho. 

Eh, 3460 wouldn't be incoming at this point. If what remained of it survived the far side, it traveled south to 3477's negative polarity spot

Ok. Well appreciate ya weighing in on that.  You and @3gMikekeep better track of the beasts than me for sure!   Edit.  Jan Alvestad (STAR) has this region numbered as S9914 and “ unstable “. Sounds good to me.  If it remains unstable so much the better! 

Edited by hamateur 1953

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 3gMike said:

I think we probably have to wait a few more days to see potentially more active regions around Carrington longitude 330

Yeah true. But we are presently at c level flux incredible though it is.  About the time 86 dives away on the west limb at least something active ( and I use this term loosely) should be facing us hopefully.  😝

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

There are two new big regions coming into view in a few days.

current_synch_nnnnnnnnNRT.jpg

And they will bring absolutely nothing as we've seen all previous times when we tend to overhype regions from these maps 😅

• Like 2

Well heck something on the north limb ( very unexpected by me anyway) just registered an M 1.2. Let’s hope it keeps it up this time. We have witnessed too many limb events this cycle only to be disappointed by seeing a blown apart AR later. Haha. It sure is bright in all pix I have seen anyway thus far.  Cool. Over an hour until flux dropped down to previous flux levels.  Possibly a cme associated with it although unlikely to help us here. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

Haven’t looked at farside map.  As Mozy noted above, it can be easy to get your hopes up.  Hahaha!! We will know in a day or two if these guys are just taunting us with fireworks and loops only to die again like the singing frog cartoon ( funny cartoon ifya havent seen it guy!). Later Mike/Hagrid