Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

35 minutes ago, NEAurora said:

western (incoming) limb

Not sure if this was intentional or not, but if it was I salute you; let's make west west again.

As for the activity, that was really cool indeed, haven't seen anything exactly like that either; it does indeed look like it's skipping along.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, tniickck said:

another disappointment 

How so @tniickck ??    Not to be contentious, but I am currently seeing loops in both hemispheres. Or were you referring to the limb AR in SH that spit the dragon a bit ago perhaps? 

Edited by hamateur 1953

That CME might have been triggered by a eruption from another region. It does look like there are a bunch of twisted magnetic loops on the latest images. It for sure looks like it is active at least. 

The farside maps does look promising so hopefully it will result in some active regions rolling in soon.

• Like 2

Outta likes doggone it @tniickckbut thanks for the heads up.  Been expecting old 3514 at around four degrees north.  Cool! It’s been twenty years and two months  since 10486 made a blast our way.  We’re overdue imho.  Got mah likes back. Yay 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tniickck said:

3514 is coming 

already a complex spot on the limb

I don’t think what’s on the limb can be used to determine complexity due to it being warped a lot and only a centimeter showing, guess we’ll have a better look in like 2 days? (Or so) 😅

But !! I think since it’s starting to appear we should be able to pick up it’s x-ray emissions fine now, without any occulting 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

I don’t think what’s on the limb can be used to determine complexity due to it being warped a lot and only a centimeter showing, guess we’ll have a better look in like 2 days? (Or so) 😅

But !! I think since it’s starting to appear we should be able to pick up it’s x-ray emissions fine now, without any occulting 

Looks as though you were absolutely correct @MinYoongi  C levels are definitely rising steadily as it moves into our view.  Stonyhurst latitude shows it Northern Hemisphere just a smidge above the equator as well. Cool! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jay-B said:

Region 3540 and 3541 look exactly the same on the sunspot regions page!

That's because It is 2 different regions directly under each other

• Haha 1

Wow. The Southern Hemisphere appears to have woken from its slumber. Still hot in 131 angstroms and more to come.  Also, just checked the 18:00 sfi from NRC and at 171 currently. A good likelihood of breaking 190 sfi for a third time in the last sixty days.  Interesting also is that flux took off earlier this pass, possibly indicating that we are really on the sawtooth climb towards Solar Maximum this summer.  Way too early to be certain and I anticipate another lull like we had last April too. Why does the sun act this way??? I’m clueless but its fun to watch. Haha. Mike/Hagrid. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Wow. The Southern Hemisphere appears to have woken from its slumber. Still hot in 131 angstroms and more to come.  Also, just checked the 18:00 sfi from NRC and at 171 currently. A good likelihood of breaking 190 sfi for a third time in the last sixty days.  Interesting also is that flux took off earlier this pass, possibly indicating that we are really on the sawtooth climb towards Solar Maximum this summer.  Way too early to be certain and I anticipate another lull like we had last April too. Why does the sun act this way??? I’m clueless but its fun to watch. Haha. Mike/Hagrid. 

Looks like another spot in the southern hemisphere on the limb now. Also some signs of quite a bit of farside activity, but it's of course uncertain whether that will materialize or not.

• Like 1