Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

https://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events/      
Solar soft was down for some reason lately, but when it returned I was encouraged by the appearance of numerous limb events.  None particularly exciting, but as we know limb events are by nature typically underrated.  North 22 lat And south 09 are especially encouraging. Y’all should have a look see. We probably can expect 3305 to blast out an X class now that it is nearly out of reach. 
Yep, getting a little anxious here too! Haha.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

https://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events/      
Solar soft was down for some reason lately, but when it returned I was encouraged by the appearance of numerous limb events.  None particularly exciting, but as we know limb events are by nature typically underrated.  North 22 lat And south 09 are especially encouraging. Y’all should have a look see. We probably can expect 3305 to blast out an X class now that it is nearly out of reach. 
Yep, getting a little anxious here too! Haha.   

3305? you meant 3405?

the flux has been rising slowly for the last 10 minutes to C1, so hopefully it is a start for something more powerful

it is from NE limb, watching with fingers crossed

Edited by tniickck
i always mistake west and east
  • Like 1

I actually meant 3405. It was spitting for quite a long time.  And probably is over the west limb ( although I didn’t check yet).  

12 minutes ago, tniickck said:

3305? you meant 3405?

the flux has been rising slowly for the last 10 minutes to C1, so hopefully it is a start for something more powerful

it is from NW limb, watching with fingers crossed

• Like 1

All the more encouraging.  With a little luck both hemispheres will arrive before Sept and begin kicking up the sfi and with any luck give us some cmes to hope for centre disc! 

2 hours ago, tniickck said:

it is actually only c1.38, but it started rising slowly as eruptive flares do

N

• Like 1

3417.  Was hopeful on this. Like really hopeful but it looks to me as if it blasted most of itself to smithereens. Assuming we are seeing all of it, that is.   Hmmm.  Well disappointment is our stock in trade here. After all.  The limb of hope wasn’t given that moniker in vain. Haha. Lots of time left in this cycle and more excitement down the road.  I will be staying on this channel. Mike/Hagrid. 

Edited by hamateur 1953

Good shot of our hopeful.  I don’t see much activity on the boards yet.  Remotely possible that it could regenerate I suppose, but overall activity seems to be in a bit of a slump at present.  Newbies funny meme earlier seems to be the case. Keep an eye out for those minions!! Haha.  Later kids. Mike/ Hagrid. 

2 hours ago, tniickck said:

3421 looks promising, less than 24 hours old and flaring

Was just about to say, it looks to have grown a fair bit. From what I've seen so far in SC25 it doesn't seem like the biggest flaring necessarily always happens right after it starts growing though, but it's something to watch for sure, looks like a bit of complexity too. I'm pretty much looking for any sign of an expected resurgence in activity now, heh.

34 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

We need that flux!! Yup.  Also looking brighter on incoming regions which has been dead for some time now.  Northern Hemisphere. I won’t say anything more after the untimely death of those monster spots! Don’t wanna jinx it!!  Hahaha! 

Well, if those spots were actually 3413 and 3415 all along, then they seem to have played their part rather well after all, especially 3413 as it reached the limb, albeit too late for any significant geoeffective activity.

• Like 1