Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

6 hours ago, Maurizio Marsigli said:

Where is 3410? I think a Plage without spot.

Very small spots , see here

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/sunspot-regions.html#3410

Update 13:20 UTC - Yep, now shown as Plage !

Further update 16:50 UTC - now shown as Alpha spot again. Looking at fields in that area I do not expect much activity.

Edited by 3gMike
Updated after 2 hrs
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, tniickck said:

3380 is coming in like 1.5 days, it looks quite big on farside maps

Do not be misled by the size on the farside maps. It is worth comparing with the WSO photospheric field maps. I have cropped out the region for Carrington longitudes 60 to 180. Hopefully you can see that the large area on the farside map actually comprises multiple individual fields.

AR3380_farside.jpg.3b2ea2d524ee02d34d643f33768a5134.jpg

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

Do not be misled by the size on the farside maps. It is worth comparing with the WSO photospheric field maps. I have cropped out the region for Carrington longitudes 60 to 180. Hopefully you can see that the large area on the farside map actually comprises multiple individual fields.

AR3380_farside.jpg.3b2ea2d524ee02d34d643f33768a5134.jpg

where do you get it? thanks in advance

i got money on this one 🤪

not really but i like the look of it, its looking kinda special to me :)

its looking lovely atm , and its so close to the equator, and is it connected to 3404 through that ? is that a filament?

yeh i like this one..

ugh i tried to quote and add a pic and i think i churned up the thing

On 8/15/2023 at 3:55 PM, tniickck said:

it doesnt look very complicated, i think, but we should keep an eye on it

there ya go... edit it wont let me do the pic, its a lovely one though, i think its cos i quoted as well, and it wont let me double post. nvm. look at it in the AIA 304 211 171 on the SDO its lovely

Edited by cheebee
failing at posting
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

3386/3387 is coming, i see a spot on the limb

has the background flux risen? or is it a long flare keeping at around c1.25

Yes, looks like 3386 on the limb with 3387 following perhaps a couple of days later.

I think that was a long flare. Probably will drop back into high B level soon.

5 hours ago, tniickck said:

3386/3387 is coming, i see a spot on the limb

3 hours ago, 3gMike said:

Yes, looks like 3386 on the limb with 3387 following perhaps a couple of days later.

Looks sizeable; also looks pretty strong from the color in the m-gram despite being so close to the limb, but that's not exactly too reliable. Will be interesting to see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philalethes said:

Looks sizeable; also looks pretty strong from the color in the m-gram despite being so close to the limb, but that's not exactly too reliable. Will be interesting to see.

I agree, but negative fields are looking relatively weak for the next half-rotation and farside image does not look particularly promising. Also looks fairly quite on STEREO Ahead. But of course, I would love to be proved wrong !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3gMike said:

I agree, but negative fields are looking relatively weak for the next half-rotation and farside image does not look particularly promising. Also looks fairly quite on STEREO Ahead. But of course, I would love to be proved wrong !

Yeah, it's all looking rather quiet right now. I think the spot has just barely rotated into full view now, and it doesn't look as big as I first thought after all, but we'll see.

Edited by Philalethes
clarification
  • Like 1