Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

9 minutes ago, tniickck said:

must be strong indeed! as i wrote before, it was 3413, we'll see when stix data arrives

Yea it does look strong. Where do you get the data on the flares and from what region it is from STIX? I assume you mean the data source from the Solar Orbiter? I do know of this site with the flare data but how do you read what region it was from? I don't see any coordinates there. This is the site: https://datacenter.stix.i4ds.net/view/flares/list

If you have another source, please share. I'm very interested :) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arjemma said:

Yea it does look strong. Where do you get the data on the flares and from what region it is from STIX? I assume you mean the data source from the Solar Orbiter? I do know of this site with the flare data but how do you read what region it was from? I don't see any coordinates there. This is the site: https://datacenter.stix.i4ds.net/view/flares/list

If you have another source, please share. I'm very interested :) 

i was talking about strength that we can see on stix, not region, but logically it must be 3413

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Philalethes said:

I glean a new spot coming in on the limb just now; seems to coincide with farside activity noted on most of the different farside maps.

Yes, there is an interesting configuration of magnetic fields in that area.

sep25_23fields.jpg.a18a352e5ab0fb89987698abedd6d0f4.jpg   

It looks like the southern hemisphere has not produced anything around 360 degrees, but is there a possibility for a reverse polarity spot around 345 degrees? In the north we have  strong negative field associated with relatively weak positive field. There is a more promising area coming up in a few days around 280 degrees with both polarities looking quite strong and the negative field completely encircled by positive field.

C280fields_sep25.jpg.38ba443db94ef33824530c648908087a.jpg

• Like 2

Even more unusual is  S-21 E-17.  Check out solar soft. Very unusual in 131. Right behind 3445 and lower.  Part of 3445 or?   Just lit up near M class  Edit   Turned out to be 3447 must have really taken off suddenly. Jan ( STAR) has this region as S8989.     Btw. Was trying to locate the region responsible and saw some promising loops Southern Hemisphere 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Error: mine
  • Like 1

Well 3423. Which hemisphere there? @tniickck?    If Northern @3gMike@Philalethes Were both discussing this earlier regarding the strong somewhat encircling magnetic signatures.  Also Im certain nearly everyone has seen the nice loops lately.   It should be making an appearance soon. Probably two regions really.  Southern wasn’t looking bad either imo.   Assuming you guys were referring to new region 3451 It may have shot its bolt.  It may come back, ya never know.    Well. Mozy spotted a delta or two and it spit out a c 8 already. Guess @mozyhas been payin close attention to this sucker.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
The waiting game is on.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Well 3423. Which hemisphere there? @tniickck?    If Northern @3gMike@Philalethes Were both discussing this earlier regarding the strong somewhat encircling magnetic signatures.  Also Im certain nearly everyone has seen the nice loops lately.   It should be making an appearance soon. Probably two regions really.  Southern wasn’t looking bad either imo.   Assuming you guys were referring to new region 3451 It may have shot its bolt.  It may come back, ya never know.    Well. Mozy spotted a delta or two and it spit out a c 8 already. Guess @mozyhas been payin close attention to this sucker.  

northern, and yep, it was said to have nice magnetic signatures

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hamateur 1953 said:

To be clear, AR3423 was in the same location as the region now identified as AR3451. The region that I was discussing earlier is just appearing on the limb at a slightly higher latitude and is associated with the old AR3425 and, in previous rotations, AR3403 and AR3376.

• Cool 1

10 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

AR3423 was in the same location as the region now identified as AR3451.

3451 is new. Spots from old 3423 could come over the limb any hour now pretty much

Just an overview, region 3451 is centered around the Carrington coordinate longitude of 300°, 3423 was on 280°, 3425 on 245/250°. New spots that counted for 3425 formed around 235°.

Now that I look at the synoptic map with the eastern limb at 275.68°, region 3423 may no longer exist

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

3451 is new. Spots from old 3423 could come over the limb any hour now pretty much

Just an overview, region 3451 is centered around the Carrington coordinate longitude of 300°, 3423 was on 280°, 3425 on 245/250°. New spots that counted for 3425 formed around 235°.

Now that I look at the synoptic map with the eastern limb at 275.68°, region 3423 may no longer exist

wasnt it on 270?

I was aware of course that you guys have been following them as to latitudes for some time. Really hadn’t given the reasoning much thought at all aside from single rotation tracking because we simply can’t get a 360 view any longer.  However, it seems as though there are deeper implications here.  Just musings from me, nuthing more.  Interesting is all.  

6 hours ago, 3gMike said:

To be clear, AR3423 was in the same location as the region now identified as AR3451. The region that I was discussing earlier is just appearing on the limb at a slightly higher latitude and is associated with the old AR3425 and, in previous rotations, AR3403 and AR3376.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

The CME is fast! It might have been a X class Flare, But I don't see any sunspots in SDO's helioseismology images.

Yep, but stix rated it only as C5, but i dont believe it, looking at speed and amount of mass sent to space i can say it was a X-level flare

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Hey @tniickck, you were discussing a perhaps underrated cme awhile back. Is it possible either of the two northern regions about to arrive are related to that cme?  Incidentally, I looked at Lasco last nite and assuming we are dicussing the same cme, it really was impressive! 

On 10/10/2023 at 9:38 AM, tniickck said:

Yep, but stix rated it only as C5, but i dont believe it, looking at speed and amount of mass sent to space i can say it was a X-level flare