Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

13 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Latest GONG Image

faside looks promising ngl

i dont believe GONG and advise you not to do this too. stanford or solarham is much more reliable

Edited by tniickck
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tniickck said:

i dont believe GONG and advise you not to do this too. stanford or solarham is much more reliable

It's less reliable, but it's generally not that bad, at least not for the strongest spots. Those two regions of interest seem to be reflected in the HMI data as well. But of course, farside data in general isn't exactly something I'd bet my life on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

oh, ok
Thanks, i see nothing wrong with GONG, but i dont know how they get the data so might as well believe you and take gong with a grain of salt

http://jsoc.stanford.edu/data/farside/Recent/AR_Map.png
am i correct with http://jsoc.stanford.edu/data/farside/

Edited by Solar_Marcel
  • Like 1

The filament release did happen more than 1-2 hours before the CME showed up expolsively on LASCO from as far as i can tell. Or do you know when it started so we can look at SDO movies maybe? (i was still asleep sadly) but from 11:20 - now  i dont see any movement that would explain such a full halo CME 

I don’t know if this is the good forum to say this, but another region has formed high in latitude. Could this confirm the start of SC26 sunspots (as i have seen in a post somewhere here) or a pure coincidence?

a very strong cme has just erupted on the farside. full halo

spacer.png

image.png.b73eec80cfb2378f3f9f048944e857d0.png

well from whative seen on this farside map and the other one too, there could very well the possibillity, that there is a banger region on the farside
hopefully it makes it to our side and doesnt decay :( 

2 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

The CME source is either from region 3559 or a new region over the northwest limb.

but others argued its the filament erupting around the same time. could you check the other thread? 

1 minute ago, Jesterface23 said:

The CME source is either from region 3559 or a new region over the northwest limb.

AR 3559? I dont quite understand, since it doesnt state this region could be returning? Am i just stupid or what, i really dont know 🤔

8 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

AR 3559? I dont quite understand, since it doesnt state this region could be returning? Am i just stupid or what, i really dont know 🤔

We'll just need to wait maybe a little over a week to find out if it does return

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nathan Majors said:

So not earth directed

So worry’s for us

I ment no worry’s

So don’t worry it’s not earth directed 

why worries? It certainly will not have any effects here (aside from nice Auroras, which are also harmless and are just charged particles that stimulate oxygen and nitrogen, thus´ generating visible light). Even if lets say an X50 flare happens, yeah lol life will go on, maybe a few satelites dont work anymore and we have nice auroras, but aside from that our magnetic field protects us

Edited by Solar_Marcel
typo
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Well, a full halo from an X50 flare straight from the middle of the visible disc is probably around the threshold where I'd at least take some short-term precautions in case the power were to go out, heh; but that's obviously a very extreme event, nothing we've seen so far this cycle has been anywhere near that, more like tiny puffs of smoke in comparison.

depends on a CME, of course. Jul 2012 flare was only ≈X2.5 but produced an extreme event CME 

58 minutes ago, Nathan Majors said:

So not earth directed

So worry’s for us

I ment no worry’s

So don’t worry it’s not earth directed 

this forum is not about worries. we all enjoy high solar activity and strong geomagnetic storms

• Like 3