AR2887 X flare and CME

Drax Spacex

Just now, Marcel de Bont said:

No she is right. It is just a model that goes out of wack when fed with glitchy data like we are having right now.

Any explanation why Dscovr is down rn? Im scared it got shocked and fried, this is scaring me so much literally i cant sleep. 

1 minuut geleden, MinYoongi zei:

Any explanation why Dscovr is down rn? Im scared it got shocked and fried, this is scaring me so much literally i cant sleep. 

Wish I'd knew... Wish that NOAA could post a tweet or something telling us what is going on. Bad timing. It could also have to do with something on Earth, data processing etc. Nobody knows.

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Don't be scared, this is literally almost nothing compared to what is ahead us in the long term.

Just now, Marcel de Bont said:

Wish I'd knew... Wish that NOAA could post a tweet or something telling us what is going on. Bad timing. It could also have to do with something on Earth, data processing etc. Nobody knows.

But its nothing to worry about right?

1 minute ago, Tillson said:

Isn't DSCOVR already down for longer than 60 minutes? In that case the CME would've already arrived, so we should be fine :D

solarwind.JPG

Yes but ACE is not sending back data either..

so you think if its the CME it wouldve already made magnetometers notice?

Just now, MinYoongi said:

Yes but ACE is not sending back data either..

so you think if its the CME it wouldve already made magnetometers notice?

More like if it was a CME that's harmful enough to disable DSCOVR, we would probably be already sitting in the dark

1 minute ago, Tillson said:

More like if it was a CME that's harmful enough to disable DSCOVR, we would probably be already sitting in the dark

Danke/Thanks. 

im just scared, i grew up with general anxiety disorder and also sun related anxiety and its so hard to brush off. I just wanna sleep in peace

2 minutes ago, Tillson said:

And have aurora on our head all night in all world :D

Danke/Thanks. 

im just scared, i grew up with general anxiety disorder and also sun related anxiety and its so hard to brush off. I just wanna sleep in peace

Dont be scared but you dont have for what, try can sleep and tommorow everything gona be normally

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Danke/Thanks. 

Gerne!

If it actually was the CME, it would've also affected the communication satellites by now and we wouldn't even have this conversation. Probably nothing more than a coincidence that's not worth getting a sleepless night over!

Just now, Tillson said:

Gerne!

If it actually was the CME, it would've also affected the communication satellites by now and we wouldn't even have this conversation. Probably nothing more than a coincidence that's not worth getting a sleepless night over!

I'm trying.. but ACE almost not sending Data is driving me crazy. 
im just so so scared.

so if it was the cme, magnetometers would already go crazy right? I mean, dscover has been down for almost 1 1/2 hours now. 

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

im just so so scared.

so if it was the cme, magnetometers would already go crazy right? I mean, dscover has been down for almost 1 1/2 hours now. 

Nothings gonna happens maybe aurroa but not for us, we can really can going sleep

im just so so scared.

If the notification saying that it'd (currently) take 64 minutes for a solar wind to get from DSCOVR to earth is to be trusted then yes, we'd already know it. Not sure from where the Magnetometer gets it's data from but we'd know by just looking out of the windows

Lo estoy intentando ... pero ACE casi no envía datos me está volviendo loco. 
Estoy tan asustado.

así que si fuera el cme, los magnetómetros ya se volverían locos ¿no? Quiero decir, dscover ha estado inactivo durante casi 1 1/2 horas. 

Hello, if it ever happens I am, but I will be back, it is active in a few hours, although the magnimeters are fine, it is from Sweden and Europe and Canada is even getting normal, and even the image I send, of the magnofera, is returning to normal, I will notify

13 minutes ago, Tillson said:

If the notification saying that it'd (currently) take 64 minutes for a solar wind to get from DSCOVR to earth is to be trusted then yes, we'd already know it. Not sure from where the Magnetometer gets it's data from but we'd know by just looking out of the windows

I'm in western Germany.

Its just weird to see 2 satellites struggle, and no explanation. I want to stop being scared but i cant..

i just wanted to say thank you all for helping me understand and calming me. 

• Like 1

Its just weird to see 2 satellites struggle, and no explanation. I want to stop being scared but i cant..

Basically right now we are getting ACE's normal data. It is an old satellite.

There is a data feed issue with DSCOVR. There is data coming through and I actually do remember it happening before.

1 minute ago, Jesterface23 said:

Basically right now we are getting ACE's normal data. It is an old satellite.

There is a data feed issue with DSCOVR. There is data coming through and I actually do remember it happening before.

just a weird timing.

also ACE is struggling to send back data, pray 4 ace lol..