AR2887 X flare and CME

Drax Spacex

3 minuten geleden, Orneno zei:

Does that give solar wind and imf parameters? Where?

1.PNG

12 minuten geleden, Larron zei:

Just went out and had quite decent activity here in North(ish) Sweden, so this was not it and we got more to come?

Welcome Larron

Could very well be, I still think the X1 CME has yet to arrive and this activity comes from something else.

22 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Im in such a big panic, why is dscover offline and ace not updating

DSCOVR's data going down is odd. (Or we normally don't watch it 24/7)

ACE is a fairly old satellite. As of 23:50Z it looks like the CME hasn't arrived from its data.

Edited by Jesterface23

First timer on here I’m in Scotland and found swpc.noaa.gov was pretty accurate time wise sadly wasn’t spectacular viewing as I’m in centre of town but was definitely a slight colour change think more to come

Edited by Aimi

9 minutes ago, Larron said:

Data seems to be updated now, you can breathe out :)

3 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Pretty sure that density thing is a glitch. Yeah, the EPAM is exciting!

It went down because they switched to ACE, ACE has a density bug. DSCOVR still seems to be down

6 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Pretty sure that density thing is a glitch. Yeah, the EPAM is exciting!

@Orneno, could you show me where to exactly find the EPAM? ty!

18 minuten geleden, Tillson zei:

Could the sudden drop in Solar Wind Density have happened because it lost connection or would it actually drop that rapidly? Also EPAM spiked a little!

They switched the real time solar wind data feed to ACE data. ACE's solar wind data can be sketchy, like we see with the density.

2 minutes ago, Tomasz Mielec said:

is there a page where i can see that data? I cant find it

2 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

They switched the real time solar wind data feed to ACE data. ACE's solar wind data can be sketchy, like we see with the density.

Yeah and i dont get why.. is there reason to be scared?

I'd have never guessed that I'd someday be this thrilled to look at graphs all evening... Confused but really intrigued of what's going on :D

1 minute ago, Marcel de Bont said:

That makes sense!

Btw. there seems to be another signal cut for the past ~15mins

422.JPG