AR2887 X flare and CME

Drax Spacex

37 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

Bad data coming in, likely from ACE as it's really scrambled :P 

2 hours ago, Tillson said:

Did they switch to ACE again? Looks more like a signal loss to me than anything

Solar Wind Data Realtime looks fine to me. Epam seems to be a bit wobbly :) so DSCOVR should be fine

The high/low energy protons on the ACE still seems borked, but the magnetic field and solar wind seems to have settled down. 

With the long duration M flare and Earth directed CME incoming, is the angle/strength greater to perhaps provide aurora lights in more regions than last week? Or is the strength equal/less? I can't interpret the data well enough to guess. 

Edited by Archmonoth

5 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

The high/low energy protons on the ACE still seems borked, but the magnetic field and solar wind seems to have settled down. 

With the long duration M flare and Earth directed CME incoming, is the angle/strength greater to perhaps provide aurora lights in more regions than last week? Or is the strength equal/less? I can't interpret the data well enough to guess. 

This topic is for the old X1 flare and CME, we have been discussing the new CMEs like you talk about over in the thread "is AR2891 active?" 

If you go over there you will find some speculation and discussion on the question you asked.