Region 3576

Jesterface23

22 minutes ago, tniickck said:

no

there are already 3 deltas, so I hope it will flare soon

3 is a stretch, I'd say one, two if that weird hook one really is one, I see what you mean by the third one above but the umbra is not strong enough to be considered a delta just yet

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mozy said:

3 is a stretch, I'd say one, two if that weird hook one really is one, I see what you mean by the third one above but the umbra is not strong enough to be considered a delta just yet

how good does the delta look to you? Not the hook one ofc. i can barely see that in intensigram

Just now, MinYoongi said:

how good does the delta look to you? Not the hook one ofc. i can barely see that in intensigram

Better than yesterday, It's moving closer to the negative area, probably why we had an M-flare just now, I expect more of it unless it decays suddenly.

11 minutes ago, mozy said:

Better than yesterday, It's moving closer to the negative area, probably why we had an M-flare just now, I expect more of it unless it decays suddenly.

i expected it to decay after the flare but i think it wont

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i expected it to decay after the flare but i think it wont

The third possible delta spot actually decayed after this flare, you can see it get weaker on the intensitygram, not that it was strong enough before anyways but it definitely weakened.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mozy said:

The third possible delta spot actually decayed after this flare, you can see it get weaker on the intensitygram, not that it was strong enough before anyways but it definitely weakened.

thanks, did not notice that.

5 minutes ago, Miles said:

I think the show is over for 3576 unfortunately. Maybe a few lower m-class but that’s it.

What makes you say that lol, It's still looking hella interesting.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MinYoongi said:

right? lol :D

Any idea why its not flaring? is there not enough shear etc? 

Nothing I can answer, hopefully It's just loading up for a big one.

1 minute ago, Jesterface23 said:

Reverse psychology.

It never works.

🙃

5 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

by the way, can someone explain to me what lightbridges are again? 

@MinYoongi

Light bridges on the Sun are elongated, bright structures observed in sunspots, the relatively cooler and darker regions on the Sun's surface.

Light bridges often signal the decay phase of sunspots, indicating a process of structural change and potential disruption in the magnetic field configuration within the sunspot region.

Magnetic Field Reconfiguration: As sunspots evolve over time, the magnetic field structure within the sunspot region undergoes complex reorganisation. This can lead to the formation of light bridges as magnetic field lines rearrange and new magnetic features emerge.

Weakening of Umbra: Light bridges typically form within the umbra, the darker central region of a sunspot, where the magnetic field is strongest. The appearance of light bridges suggests a weakening or fragmentation of the umbra, allowing bright plasma to rise closer to the surface.

Thinning of Sunspot: During the decay phase, the overall size and intensity of the sunspot may decrease as magnetic energy is released and redistributed. Light bridges often coincide with the thinning or splitting of the sunspot structure, indicating a transition toward the dissolution of the sunspot.

Dynamic Changes: Light bridges can exhibit dynamic behavior, including brightening, fading, and fragmentation over time. These changes are often associated with ongoing magnetic processes and reconfiguration of the sunspot's magnetic field, reflecting the complex evolution of the sunspot during its decay phase.

Just sometimes there can be heightened activity within the sunspot during magnetic reconfiguration resulting in more flaring however it usually signals the decline phase of the sunspot 

There was quite a discussion on light bridges within the thread AR 3112 particularly on page 4.

N.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

@Philalethes may i request a gif?

I've uploaded the latest view of it now (still here); doesn't look all that different, not much development right now. I'm thinking this region is probably a bit spent, especially with the X-flare from before it rotated into view. Still some complexity left though, so know knows what it'll do, we'll see.

• Like 1