My suspect would've been AR 3564, but maybe it is this one, we'll see

Edit: You were correct ^^

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, mozy said:

How are you able to see that already 🙃

My suspect would've been AR 3564, but maybe it is this one, we'll see

Edit: You were correct ^^

the region chimed in! i dont see associated dimming. do you see ejecta or anything?

Just now, MinYoongi said:

the region chimed in! i dont see associated dimming. do you see ejecta or anything?

No, super super impulsive, can barely be seen on SUVI because it was so fast, previous limb flare that keeps the flux up.

1 minute ago, mozy said:

No, super super impulsive, can barely be seen on SUVI because it was so fast, previous limb flare that keeps the flux up.

Thank you.

How does the Delta hold up? i can still see it but its way "thinner" and not as close as yesterday. (if you want screenshots from yesterday just lemme know) 

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Thank you.

How does the Delta hold up? i can still see it but its way "thinner" and not as close as yesterday. (if you want screenshots from yesterday just lemme know) 

My hopes aren't high for it, all I can say at this point :P

• Like 1

Oh. why? 😕  

The emoji makes me think its a joke but im tone deaf on the internet :D *** autism 

You already answered that yourself by saying It's been getting thinner ^^

My hopes for this delta aren't high, I have higher hopes for a filament to release within the region instead triggering that flare we've been waiting for.

• Like 2

Just now, mozy said:

You already answered that yourself by saying It's been getting thinner ^^

My hopes for this delta aren't high, I have higher hopes for a filament to release within the region instead triggering that flare we've been waiting for.

Im not good with spotting filaments, is there a big one under the region? its been there for a while but maybe a flare will destabilize it/them or the other way around like you said. How many Filaments are there?

7 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Im not good with spotting filaments, is there a big one under the region? its been there for a while but maybe a flare will destabilize it/them or the other way around like you said. How many Filaments are there?

Yes, that's one of them and for sure the biggest one, there's plenty of them within the region but smaller size, one has been rising slowly the past 2 hours, hopefully it snaps rather than just breaking apart without doing anything.

4 minutes ago, mozy said:

Yes, that's one of them and for sure the biggest one, there's plenty of them within the region but smaller size, one has been rising slowly the past 2 hours, hopefully it snaps rather than just breaking apart without doing anything.

Looking at Suvi 304 i dont really see it, maybe i have to look at SDO for the better resolution. is it the one right of the region? I hate being so blind to them :D 

way easier spotting them as prominences.

Looking at Suvi 304 i dont really see it, maybe i have to look at SDO for the better resolution. is it the one right of the region? I hate being so blind to them :D 

way easier spotting them as prominences.

You can spot it on SUVI too, but making a clip from Helioviewer is the easiest way.

https://imgur.com/a/DIhAUZs

See if you can spot it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mozy said:

Looks like we just had another really impulsive M 1.1 flare

circa 1.14 UTC? yep!

there is flaring visible in 3576 during that time but it does not look like an m1.. maybe because its impulsive

circa 1.14 UTC? yep!

there is flaring visible in 3576 during that time but it does not look like an m1.. maybe because its impulsive

Not sure either, that last M3 flare didn't look like an M-class either so, possible.

That tiny delta in the middle of that big red spot isn't even visible now. I'm not sure we can even call it a delta anymore. The delta spike on the left side still looks pretty healthy though.

Edited by cgrant26

17 minutes ago, cgrant26 said:

That tiny delta in the middle of that big red spot isn't even visible now. I'm not sure we can even call it a delta anymore. The delta spike on the left side still looks pretty healthy though.

The one on the left has gotten really thin. Try make a movie in sdo (I sadly can’t post pics from mobile sorry 🙁🙁)

Just now, cgrant26 said:

I don't have a good way right now to make a zoomed in animation of that spot but I do have a good zoomed in still of the current magnetogram.

DeltaForce2.JPG

Yeah but the underlying spots differ, just like the previous delta

Yeah but the underlying spots differ, just like the previous delta

Not only is it getting thinner, It's also losing it dark coloring on the magnetogram & umbra core is getting weaker on intensitygram

Yep, I guess it doesn't mean a lot without the intensitygram.

spacer.png

Edited by cgrant26
Sorry, the images got a tiny bit skewed when cropping. Thery're close but not perfect
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

@mozy was there maybe a CME after all? Or could this be farsided? I didn’t see any dimming today.

There was an eruption on the farside 7 hours ago, further behind the eastern limb, most likely that one.

• Like 1