Region 3576

Jesterface23

Just now, mozy said:

Is there any way to see It's strength while another bigger flare is ongoing or is it a lost cause?

I don't think so, there's no way of separating out the individual flux reliably that I know of at least, but I don't know for sure.

In this case I assume you can get a decent estimate by looking at the slope of the X-flare and seeing how much the little bump (at around 13:30) of this flare offset it, assuming that the X-flare declines relatively evenly; some 5-10 minutes later the flux seems to be ~0.2 higher than it should have been with a gradual decline, which would correspond to ~M2, but there's certainly plenty of room for error there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

I don't think so, there's no way of separating out the individual flux reliably that I know of at least, but I don't know for sure.

In this case I assume you can get a decent estimate by looking at the slope of the X-flare and seeing how much the little bump (at around 13:30) of this flare offset it, assuming that the X-flare declines relatively evenly; some 5-10 minutes later the flux seems to be ~0.2 higher than it should have been with a gradual decline, which would correspond to ~M2, but there's certainly plenty of room for error there.

and the flare was uneruptive, right? looks pretty impulsive too judging on SDO imagery

1 minute ago, Nathan Majors said:

It’s shows it on space weather live

It is just an error from something being automated. 3576 did happen to flare around the same time and was associated to the wrong region, and the actual region source is no longer on the disk.

14 minuten geleden, Jesterface23 zei:

It is just an error from something being automated. 3576 did happen to flare around the same time and was associated to the wrong region, and the actual region source is no longer on the disk.

NOAA assigned the X3 flare to the wrong region for some reason, hope someone there wakes up and corrects it soon.

i believe in this region.. if 3575 was able to produce X3 while it was noticeably getting smaller while it was in the earth view then 3576 can do this too.. in the earth facing solar disk please:) though the delta seems to be really weak now..

Edited by willow

31 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

With new flux reemergence coming up fast it brings new hope!

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Atleast It's growing new positive flux in the northern part of the region now.

Does that change complexity much? (positive is blue right? i always get that shxt confused, i mean.. on the sun even east is west!) :D 

Just now, MinYoongi said:

Does that change complexity much? (positive is blue right? i always get that shxt confused, i mean.. on the sun even east is west!) :D 

Yes positive is blue, we need more positive in this region, It's highly negative dominated

Just now, mozy said:

Yes positive is blue, we need more positive in this region, It's highly negative dominated

are those positive spots on the eastern side a part of region? what if they will blend together in a larger and stronger positive spots (if this is possible)

6 minutes ago, willow said:

are those positive spots on the eastern side a part of region? what if they will blend together in a larger and stronger positive spots (if this is possible)

They should be yeah, it is possible but it looks unlikely at this point as there's barely any development in that area.

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

hows the region overall complexity wise?

Worse than yesterday for sure, but improving slightly again with the new flux emerging in the north