Region 3576

Jesterface23

1 hour ago, Jesterface23 said:

Might as well start a topic as it is numbered now. The region is still fairly close to the limb, so it is still a bit blurred,

image.thumb.png.0832293ae3d1739f87d137e04fd69794.png

looks very very interesting

So, I've now done a bit of image editing shenanigans and have "changed" the current magnetogram and the Intensitygram a bit so that you can see something: 

What is this weird hole? You can also see this in the original magnetogram

and @tniickck, so you said that this region has reversed polarities and the trailing spots should be red. but now i can see red in the front? Can you maybe explain this to me a bit so that i can understand, if im misunderstanding something here let me know, im not that good heh😅

Screenshot 2024-02-04 004222.jpg

There could be some more spots trailing behind, bit i think it doesnt look like that. Time will tell i guess...

Screenshot 2024-02-04 004936.jpg

image.png.fe00996fabd67ce83fba4249b9a33705.pngnice mustache😂

Edited by Solar_Marcel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

and @tniickck, so you said that this region has reversed polarities and the trailing spots should be red. but now i can see red in the front? Can you maybe explain this to me a bit so that i can understand, if im misunderstanding something here let me know, im not that good heh😅

Screenshot 2024-02-04 004222.jpg

There could be some more spots trailing behind, bit i think it doesnt look like that. Time will tell i guess...

This red is just a surrounding material, not red umbras, it is common, and left to blue spots there should be red trailing spots with umbras

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The circled area seems to be the delta at this point. The bottom right spot is too close to the limb to tell if it is just a negative polarity umbra or tight positive and negative polarity umbrae.

image.thumb.jpeg.545a54f3d619ed68ca2f95b0577beef4.jpeg

Edited by Jesterface23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Where can i find those imagerys? i can only look at the semi-flattened SDO ones

i am making them myself, you cant find them anywhere, haha
Just 3D-Stretching and a little bit of tweaking around in GIMP😅

Edited by Solar_Marcel
  • Cool 1

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Thats very very interesting and kind of cool! How do you produce them? Like, what imagery do you use?

i am taking the very detailed 4096x4096 pictures from SDO - for that one i used HMIIC (so that no quality is lost during transforming) and overlay them slightly so that it doesnt get as blurry when i 3D-Transform the sideview of the picture to a flat-ish plane. Last step is sharpening the mage and tweaking with contrast and so on, so that it is as close to the original as possible

Edited by Solar_Marcel
cant use german in an english sentence, duh
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Solar_Marcel said:

i am taking the very detailed 4096x4096 pictures from SDO - for that one i used HMIIC (so that no quality is lost during transforming) and overlay them slightly so that it doesnt get as blurry when i 3D-Transform the sideview of the picture to a flat-ish plane. Last step is sharpening the mage and tweaking with contrast usw, so that it is as close to the original as possible

cute that you use "usw". You must be german speaking too! :) :) 

It looks a bit out of proportion big on your picture, like its covering one third of the sun lol! But i appreciate it, crazy effort youre putting into that. chapeau

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

cute that you use "usw". You must be german speaking too! :) :) 

It looks a bit out of proportion big on your picture, like its covering one third of the sun lol! But i appreciate it, crazy effort youre putting into that. chapeau

I am actually from Austria,so yes i am speaking german. 
The picture you are seeing is just a snip of the whole sun, so actually its not covering a third of the sun

Here you can see which part i transformed

Screenshot 2024-02-04 145240.jpg

nice loops 

Screenshot 2024-02-04 153417.jpg

• Like 2

there is a lot of stuff trailing behind that region. this looks very very cool. Time will tell what this region brings us, but telling by the intensitygram and the pictured that i editet it sure looks amazing. 
Also i see some new spot forming and coming onto the limb, so maybe there is more we dont see yet.

Edit: http://jsoc.stanford.edu/data/farside/ there seems to be more on the board for us to await, exciting times!

Edit 2: It also seems like its changing very fast... and taking on other shapes as it rotates further

Screenshot 2024-02-04 164813.jpg

Edited by Solar_Marcel
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

In addition to the M-flares, 12 C-flares entirely from this region in the past 24 hours:

https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity/solar-flares.html

ive already seen this chart, and went like woah, wow this region really knocked the baseline flux up a notch as it rotated onto the limb

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fishaxolotl said:

3576 is preparing something so I wouldn't be surprised if it produced another X5 flare or one that is even more powerful due to its size

i guess it is not that complex but we'll see

• Like 2