Region 3576

Jesterface23

5 hours ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Nice...
But why is that like that? Is there some kind of mechanism that negative spots tend to be stronger overall or what causes that? So many questions i know, but i also wanna know more about that so ill have to ask people who might know😅

I'm not sure. It might just come from SDO as well. The stronger positive polarities could be handled better than the negative polarities.

A side view of the region coming up to a new day

image.thumb.jpeg.a47342fc2fe247d09249947a64148dd7.jpeg

1 hour ago, Miles said:

Yeah. That’s the main delta

thanks alot. it still makes not so much sense to me ._.

the blue "hook" does not show on the magnetogram i think?! altough it being very dark blue meaning strong. @arjemma do you perhaps know if its still wonky due to the limb proximity?

e95b118fb2e20321b5d5ad4d499b6120.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

The way I currently see it is the magnetogram is showing false readings or whatever and the delta is not as strong as we initially thoughtwhich probably explains the lack of activity. The Intensitygram is probably the more accurate one.

I'm gonna stick to that theory for now, I have a hard time thinking a tight delta like this wouldn't produce any type of activity.

• Like 2

Hello, I'm new here! 

Have been watching this region for a little while. Negative sunspots are definetely becoming stronger along with the delta one, but it seemingly deceased in size a little and haven't been showing much of interesting activity. Still a candidate for an X flare?

13 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

the blue "hook" does not show on the magnetogram i think?! altough it being very dark blue meaning strong. @arjemma do you perhaps know if its still wonky due to the limb proximity?

e95b118fb2e20321b5d5ad4d499b6120.png

It's still a bit too close to the limb from what I can tell. We should be able to tell soon though and I would say that it probably is a delta but smaller than what is shown now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

Has the Delta changed? It looks weaker 

Here is what it looked like at 04:00 UTC
6f20d2317ed65a67d80d69db46389704.pngcc1dc281d7dfc71ed7fdabdfa93c3363.png

Here is what it looks as of 13:00UTC :

babfb909c5e20cf2b0d9a291c8ce8acd.png8cd496a7edb03e96c597b898b1c57616.png

Well the region is changing very quickly, so maybe its due to the regions' developement as it rotates. In the two pictures there is a significant change in the regions overall structure i think. As it rotates further on center disk, we will be able to see and "map" out the region better as its still bit close to the limb, like @arjemma said. our instruments have a limited work-range... so
imagine this: try to accurately map out something thats on the edge of a sphere, near impossible

Edited by Solar_Marcel
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, LunarLights58 said:

3576_HMIIF.jpg3576_HMIBC.jpg

Definitely see 2 delta structures. So I would guess that verifies beta gamma delta. But unfortunately it’s in a stable state right now. Hopefully it becomes active again as it either decays or grows.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miles said:

Definitely see 2 delta structures. So I would guess that verifies beta gamma delta. But unfortunately it’s in a stable state right now. Hopefully it becomes active again as it either decays or grows.

It can stay stable for about 5 more days so when it does blow its earth directed!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Miles said:

A sunspot being quiet does not mean it can’t flare. Look at AR 9077 from 2000. It was dead quiet until it produced a X8 flare. 

1 hour ago, Miles said:

where do you see the 2nd Delta? I still struggle a lot with this region due to the limb distortion very well described by @Solar_Marcel and @arjemma .

as of this moment i still dont see the blue in the magnetograms in the intensigram. can maybe someone highlight the visible deltas to me? 

overall the region does not look like it changed much

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

A sunspot being quiet does not mean it can’t flare. Look at AR 9077 from 2000. It was dead quiet until it produced a X8 flare. 

and recent one is 3500

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

where do you see the 2nd Delta? I still struggle a lot with this region due to the limb distortion very well described by @Solar_Marcel and @arjemma .

as of this moment i still dont see the blue in the magnetograms in the intensigram. can maybe someone highlight the visible deltas to me? 

overall the region does not look like it changed much

As far I can see, It's still only that same spot.

10 minutes ago, Maciej Dunst said:

It seems that this AR is almost surrounded by filaments. Do you think they may lift off in case of big flare from this region? 

Screenshot_20240206_190256.jpg

I think It's more likely that one of the filaments release first, triggering a bigger flare after.

12 minutes ago, mozy said:

I think It's more likely that one of the filaments release first, triggering a bigger flare after.

looks very cool. are they anchored in place or unstable? 

btw, thank you for the answer earlier. someone in here talked about 2 deltas, hence why i asked.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mozy said:

Something seems to be erupting behind the limb too

31 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

Something is happening now C2 flare.

Looking at Suvi 191 it’s 3575 with the current flaring 

32 minutes ago, mozy said:

Something seems to be erupting behind the limb too

I accidentally misquoted this earlier. Oops. It looks like a filament or prominence is erupting behind the east limb. Or do you think it’s an AR?