Region 3576

Jesterface23

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Looking at Suvi 191 it’s 3575 with the current flaring 

32 minutes ago, mozy said:

Something seems to be erupting behind the limb too

A lot of regions are flaring now looking at SUVI, So it's hard to tell which is which on GOES X-ray Flux.

2 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

A lot of regions are flaring now looking at SUVI, So it's hard to tell which is which on GOES X-ray Flux.

It started small with AR 3576 then 3575 took over with most of it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

It’s actually not that hard to tell when looking at 94A or 191A you’ll see 3575 glowing like a Christmas tree. 🎄😀Goes only measures the highest X-Ray emission so yes, while 3576 can flare simultaneously (which I think it does) it’s safe to say 3575 is responsible for the highest flux.

Edited by MinYoongi
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

It’s actually not that hard to tell when looking at 94A or 191A you’ll see 3575 glowing like a Christmas tree. 🎄😀Goes only measures the highest X-Ray emission so yes, while 3576 can flare simultaneously (which I think it does) it’s safe to say 3575 is responsible for the highest flux.

This website has the fastest update to see flares I use it from time to time. https://weather.ndc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/sportPublishData.pl?dataset=goeseastsuvi_fe195

If the link doesn't work you can just search "Nasa sport suvi."

Edited by SpaceWeather5464

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

a new delta is growing rapidly

Could be promising, I suppose youre talking about the two oppsite polarity spots right next to the big negative area?

Seperation is still very clear though, hopefully they do their thing and flare 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

thank you for the update. how good is the new delta? @Philalethes @mozy

It's the one on the left side there, I guess it's up to you how "good" you think it is; it's at least developing some complexity still, so if we're lucky we might get some more activity as it passes closer to the central meridian.

• Like 2

it really suprises me how it keeps growing in size and how tight the delta is, but it remains inactive.. would be strange if it didn't do anything before dissappearing. or it just waits until it reaches the limb🙃

Edited by willow

Just now, Fishaxolotl said:

This is definitely the most interesting active region this cycle: so much strength and complexity, yet almost completely quiet. I wonder when this quiet before the storm will end

I hope 3 days from now so its facing us more head on!

4 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

M class flare! Is this the powerful flare we were waiting for or just a show of power let’s see.

Hopefully, starting slow but it can escalate pretty quickly and trigger it further