Region 3576

Jesterface23

1 minute ago, Jesterface23 said:

This is... new

sorry, i didnt keep much watch on the farside so i thought i'd ask. thank you

40 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Screenshot 2024-02-04 190030.jpg

Very nice and complex

are those 3 the same pictures or is that a timelapse?

4 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

its classified beta-gamma-delta now

the magnetometer is still a bit faulty i think due to limb proximity ( i hate it :D )  but where exactly is the delta? or are there more? Maybe @tniickck can answer this too hes good with assigning deltas

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nathan Majors said:

Looking good for arouras with this region or no  is it looking bad for tech

Good for aurora? If we are lucky it can throw some plasma at us in the coming days

Bad for tech? No.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

the magnetometer is still a bit faulty i think due to limb proximity ( i hate it :D )  but where exactly is the delta? or are there more? Maybe @tniickck can answer this too hes good with assigning deltas

IMG_20240204_221809_206.jpg

1 minute ago, libmar96 said:

What's the largest sunspot group in SC25 so far to compare?

not even close😁

27 minutes ago, Nathan Majors said:

Looking good for arouras with this region or no  is it looking bad for tech

auroras - yes

bad for tech - no

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, libmar96 said:

What's the largest sunspot group in SC25 so far to compare?

3014 was the largest so far according to the archives at 1190MH.

IMG_3993.thumb.jpeg.10d42cce86c392ea126de29c917484e4.jpeg

Edited by Calder
Added the size
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

these 3 pictures are a timelapse, the other pictures i had made were too bad quality, cause i didnt find any high resolution SDO photos for yesterday, wanted to compare the spot developement as it came arount the limb

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

IMG_20240204_221809_206.jpg

not even close😁

auroras - yes

bad for tech - no

haha nice that you use my picture fot that, although its not even that good, i could have done it better tbh...

EDIT: Maybe someone here can send a link where i can find 4096x4096 pictures from HMIIC in the past? then i could make the comparison how this spot developed, because in the HMIIC movie out on the SDO Data site, there seems to be a lot of shifiting and growing and decaying and somewhat "spraying"... would be nice if anyone knows where to find that

2 hours ago, Solar_Marcel said:

its classified beta-gamma-delta now

got downgraded to beta-delta

Edited by Solar_Marcel

30 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

these 3 pictures are a timelapse, the other pictures i had made were too bad quality, cause i didnt find any high resolution SDO photos for yesterday, wanted to compare the spot developement as it came arount the limb

haha nice that you use my picture fot that, although its not even that good, i could have done it better tbh...

EDIT: Maybe someone here can send a link where i can find 4096x4096 pictures from HMIIC in the past? then i could make the comparison how this spot developed, because in the HMIIC movie out on the SDO Data site, there seems to be a lot of shifiting and growing and decaying and somewhat "spraying"... would be nice if anyone knows where to find that

got downgraded to beta-delta

you could try http://jsoc.stanford.edu/

• Like 1

A fairly long region. Well, the part that I though was a positive polarity spot yesterday(or early today UTC) split and looks to actually be two different negative and positive polarity umbra.

image.thumb.jpeg.f616e7d6e90a08a3b163a39e6b1afab9.jpeg

Edited by Jesterface23

4 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

A fairly long region. Well, the part that I though was a positive polarity spot yesterday(or early today UTC) split and looks to actually be two different negative and positive polarity umbra.

image.thumb.jpeg.f616e7d6e90a08a3b163a39e6b1afab9.jpeg

It looks shocked 

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Must be a very tight delta indeed, because i still cant make it out 100%. :D  There seems to be no Gamma, right?

there is (as i see) 

3576 has now been given a size of 700.it is top 19 in SC25

24 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

can you maybe show me the delta? Maybe a gif from @Philalethes? No matter how often i switch the tabs it does not fit with the magnetogram :( 

It's still a bit early to tell what's what if you ask me, but it looks to be quite complex indeed (and now it's flaring a bunch). You can take a look for yourself:

latest-16.gif

Also, just a note in case you're not aware that SWL implemented a nice sliding feature that gives pretty much the same type of easy way to compare the two (but with still images instead, which probably saves a bunch on size, very creative solution).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

It's still a bit early to tell what's what if you ask me, but it looks to be quite complex indeed (and now it's flaring a bunch). You can take a look for yourself:

latest-16.gif

Also, just a note in case you're not aware that SWL implemented a nice sliding feature that gives pretty much the same type of easy way to compare the two (but with still images instead, which probably saves a bunch on size, very creative solution).

thank you. it didnt really strike me as extremely complex because as far as i can see its 2 spots of opposed plarity smushed together right? not crazy mixed or anything?

1 hour ago, tniickck said:

there is (as i see) 

3576 has now been given a size of 700.it is top 19 in SC25

Thanks. Someone said it’s the biggest this cycle with 700

17 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Thanks. Someone said it’s the biggest this cycle with 700

nah, it is only 19th place of this cycle. do you remember 3354? it was in the end of June - beginning of July and takes the 2nd place

• Like 2