Region 3576

Jesterface23

17 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Sorry, I wasn't as thorough in my explanation. I mean, why is the flux now holding at around ~2 and slightly above when it was lower before the filament eruption. e.g. more development, growth etc.?
By post flare acards I mean the structures / loops shown in the photo (attached) emanating from the region. I don't know if these were actually there after the filament eruption/flare as I suspected or a phenomena of its own.

8dfcc0c4ec653946f5280eef0dd255b6.png

The activity started at exactly 6:13 UTC, I noticed the loops starting to rise & eventually some of it erupted, those loops or whatever in your pictures did appear after the eruption, I'm not sure I would call them post-eruption loops anymore since those usually disappear/fade after awhile but these ones are still there & are wobbling, perhaps newly formed connecting loops between spots? All things considered I just think a lot of things within the region changed after the mornings eruption. It's too bad it was too south of the region to trigger the whole region to flare.

Hopefully those new loops erupt too since they look rather wobbly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

theyre talking about another Filament there.

A filament eruption centered near S37W02 beginning at 08/2000 UTC was
reanalyzed. A likely associated CME was observed off the S limb at
09/0154 UTC in SOHO/LASCO C3 imagery. Modelling results indicated the
potential for a grazing blow mid to late on 12 Feb.

>>> The filament youre talking about lifted off 2 days ago

Sorry, you're right about the NOAA forecasted I quoted. I was also watching SUVI during the most recent filament and made a silly assumption it was already forcasted. I wasn't awake for more than 5 minutes before deciding to post that haha. 

20 minutes ago, mozy said:

The activity started at exactly 6:13 UTC, I noticed the loops starting to rise & eventually some of it erupted, those loops or whatever in your pictures did appear after the eruption, I'm not sure I would call them post-eruption loops anymore since those usually disappear/fade after awhile but these ones are still there & are wobbling, perhaps newly formed connecting loops between spots? All things considered I just think a lot of things within the region changed after the mornings eruption. It's too bad it was too south of the region to trigger the whole region to flare.

Hopefully those new loops erupt too since they look rather wobbly.

I've noticed that post arcade loops usually go in one direction like a slinky of sorts as you probably know already. Once new flux ropes form you'll be able to identify them by the direction they flow as they are much less organized and sporadic. The X flare from 3575 is actually a good example for picking out post flare loops transitioning to flux ropes before the eruption. This is actually one of my favorite topics among flare dynamics but I'm still learning how to explain the process correctly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Why is 10,7cm Solar Radio Flux so high at the moment? Is it due to AR 3576, or what causes it to be at 194?

Next Question:

How much deltas are there?

Screenshot 2024-02-10 232154.jpg

Currently there's not a single spot that could be considered a delta.

• Like 1

Just now, Solar_Marcel said:

Oh well well well
Than, AR 3576 isnt BGD anymore?

Seems right as of now, but there's a spot lingering around that could be considered a delta at anytime.

But currently it is not.

5567d855af9b62da449c54f95840af77.png

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Why is 10,7cm Solar Radio Flux so high at the moment? Is it due to AR 3576, or what causes it to be at 194?

Next Question:

How much deltas are there?

Screenshot 2024-02-10 232154.jpg

There was a lot of flux emergence near center disk when I last looked an hour so ago so that could be part of it rising. 3576 seems to be unstable as it's decaying almost as fast as flux is reemerging. Another possibility to note are the incoming AR adding to the 10.7cm flux.

2 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

There was a lot of flux emergence near center disk when I last looked an hour so ago so that could be part of it rising. 3576 seems to be unstable as it's decaying almost as fast as flux is reemerging. Another possibility to note are the incoming AR adding to the 10.7cm flux.

But at the time being, i only can see plague but time (and SDO or whatever) will tell, haha 😂
My god that joke was bad

• Haha 1