Region 3576

Jesterface23

7 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

Can anyone remember seeing something like this?  Might be time to dig into the archives...

I already know it. A CME that launched on November 8th, 2000. The CME arrived on the 10th with velocities around 900km/s. On the 11th a HSS impacted L1 with a shock of 900km/s.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

Asymmetrical full halo. Bulk to the north as expected but 100% we are going to get a hit. The CME does look fairly slow.

20240211_002407_lasc2rdf_ql.png

11 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

I already know it. A CME that launched on November 8th, 2000. The CME arrived on the 10th with velocities around 900km/s. On the 11th a HSS impacted L1 with a shock of 900km/s.

so what can we expect? :) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:
15 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

so what can we expect? :) 

That was pretty much an extreme event. The CME happened to launch from near the western limb while a CH was coming up on center-disk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jesterface23 said:

That was pretty much an extreme event. The CME happened to launch from near the western limb while a CH was coming up on center-disk.

Oh. But how does it relate to this CME? can we expect anything similar? 

I thought you meant that it's similar and we can expect similar KP ratios or something. maybe I misunderstood you, in which case I'm sorry.

Nevermind. im too tired, i think you meant that in regard to the Coronal hole and not CME.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 9:57 AM, MinYoongi said:

Which time frame did your mentioned filament liftoff happen in utc?

Sorry I thought I replied to this, 2/8 between 22 and 23 UTC was what I'd posted, it's listed on the CME scoreboard now I can't seem to ever get below 200kb for images here though lol

11 minutes ago, auclectic said:

I can't seem to ever get below 200kb for images here though lol

You can upload images to external image hosting services and post a link directly to the image here, which will be automatically embedded. That way you can circumvent the limit, since you're not burdening the SWL servers with the image.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mozy said:

Seems we have a small delta again.

Indeed. And the negative mass has increased significantly in intensity as well.  If the entire mass is disgorged it has a day or two yet, lets hope it does it here this time!   

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

You can upload images to external image hosting services and post a link directly to the image here, which will be automatically embedded. That way you can circumvent the limit, since you're not burdening the SWL servers with the image.

Ohhhh I was wondering how everybody else seems to not have a problem with that lol thanks for the tip! 

2 hours ago, auclectic said:

Ohhhh I was wondering how everybody else seems to not have a problem with that lol thanks for the tip! 

People who have reached the rank of “community regular” also have increased upload permissions, as a way of thanking some of our most consistent posters. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, auclectic said:

37 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

People who have reached the rank of “community regular” also have increased upload permissions, as a way of thanking some of our most consistent posters. 

That's awesome to know thank you!

the other region looks like its flaring at the same time

Just now, mozy said:

Lol you can't ask that already when the flare just peaked :D

I didnt know that its not considered an impulsive event if maybe only the rise was pretty quick 🤕 my bad

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

the other region looks like its flaring at the same time

That's the culprit behind the slow rising in X-ray flux to about C5 before the M-flare

• Thanks 1