Region 3576

Jesterface23

5 minutes ago, mozy said:

That's the culprit behind the slow rising in X-ray flux to about C5 before the M-flare

There was a filament lift shortly before the m flare as well - south and west of flare area - visible on SUVI 304

There seems to be ejecta leaving once again, but as last time it looks mostly northwards from the early images.

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

thank you ill look into it! Maybe that caused the flare, mozy?! :D 

Don't think so, they were not near the region

2 minutes ago, mozy said:

There seems to be ejecta leaving once again, but as last time it looks mostly northwards from the early images.

Not alot, right? I dont see much dimming (like the last eruption) in 195A but i can see something fling north in 304.

It seems to be turning into a long duration event

A big chunk of ejecta didn't launch during this current flare.

The M6.5 flare is an eruptive event in SDO imagery. The shock looks to be primarily to the north for this event as well. Waiting on coronagraph imagery.

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

the other region looks like its flaring at the same time

I didnt know that its not considered an impulsive event if maybe only the rise was pretty quick 🤕 my bad

It seems to have released a small solar storm. It looks like multiple events including a launched filament moments between the two flares.

It appears to me as a sympathetic reaction after AR3582 released the long C flare. You can see dimming in 193AIA going through the boundary line reaching to 3576

Edited by Parabolic
Grammer
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

It appears to have released a solar storm. It looks like multiple events including a launched filament moments between the two flares.

Conflicting info once again :D hehe. I dont see anything earth directed and only minor dimming/ejecta (mostly to the north) like @Jesterface23 and @mozy  but if i missed something ill go take a look! where is it best observable?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Conflicting info once again :D hehe. I dont see anything earth directed and only minor dimming/ejecta (mostly to the north) like @Jesterface23 and @mozy  but if i missed something ill go take a look! where is it best observable?

It was easiest to see on SDO 304aia and I checked SDO 193aia for the dimming  

14 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Edited by Parabolic
Don't know how to remove quotes 😅

3 hours ago, Solar_Marcel said:

There is no delta at the moment i guess...
Well its sadly decaying 

but why is it still classified BGD?

We typically are a bit ahead of swpc in classifications.   Not that we are any more accurate btw.  Activity happens much quicker at times and a new spot requires 24 hours to be considered for inclusion if I am not mistaken.  

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

AR 3576 is producing a flare right now, dont know how high the flux goes

But i dont think it goes that high

Screenshot2024-02-12141358.jpg.8728ab37bbbd6d2f8d82f3cf8e943fd0.jpg

Edit: c´mon go higher than M1,07 you can do that😶

M1.13 ! it sure can !

7 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

AR 3576 is producing a flare right now, dont know how high the flux goes

But i dont think it goes that high

Screenshot2024-02-12141358.jpg.8728ab37bbbd6d2f8d82f3cf8e943fd0.jpg

Edit: c´mon go higher than M1,07 you can do that😶

image.png.ee7f6ea66d501ff3fa2c6b3af2c861be.png

Looks fairly impulsive. Not expecting much from this anymore, but you never know.

52 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Not expecting much from this anymore, but you never know.

I thought the same but noaa upped the X class probability to 20%. but i dont really get why because the blue is barely visible.

16 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

press-x-to-doubt-la-noire.avif

But who knows, it didn't look that impressive when the last M9 happened either, and the negative spot is still pretty large.

Seems we've entered one of those periods where it doesn't seem to matter how the regions look, they somehow manage to flare big either way 😎

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

The M6.5 flare is an eruptive event in SDO imagery. The shock looks to be primarily to the north for this event as well. Waiting on coronagraph imagery.

The M6.5 flare at 2024/02/12 03:50 from AR3576 was somewhat eruptive.  Any CME from it would be difficult to discern in LASCO coronograph imagery and decouple from the almost coincident farside eruption as being discussed in the AR3575 thread.  So, there could be a "stealth" CME with Earth-directed component from this AR3576 flare.

9 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

The M6.5 flare at 2024/02/12 03:50 from AR3576 was somewhat eruptive.  Any CME from it would be difficult to discern in LASCO coronograph imagery and decouple from the almost coincident farside eruption as being discussed in the AR3575 thread.  So, there could be a "stealth" CME with Earth-directed component from this AR3576 flare.

Agreed, definitely looks like there was some eruption there. Judging by both the UV imagery and coronagrams it seems like it was indeed directed mostly north. It seems to be the one visible at the top of the C2 imagery between 05:00 and 06:30, before the stronger eruption makes it hard to see what's going on.

• Like 1