Region 3576

Jesterface23

Lots of activity around the spot, with bright expanding loops south of the region.  Looking much more active again today than yesterday, let's hope it's preparing to blow.  With all the activity around the limbs, I feel like the sun owes us 😄.

31 minutes ago, Orchidfan said:

But I think the western part of the big filament was "eaten up" by the surrounding flares this morning

Filament 1.jpg

Filament 2.jpg

Exactly, as I said before, about 1/3 of this filament lifted off

33 minutes ago, Nathan Majors said:

Earth directed or not

No, weak glancing blow at best. (confirmed by Solarham). 

really interesting how we already had 3 full halo CMEs on the farside but even a filament eruption on earth-facing solar disk avoids earth.. things really don't want us to see some nice aurora ! i missed one most recent one in my region just because i was lazy to walk further into field and look on the east side of the sky 😆 only could see some white dancing lights for an hour or so

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't get a good screen grab but I really thought I saw a decent sized filament lifting off from south of this region 2-8 between 22 and early 2-9 similar time to the x flare. Can see it best on blue wavelength. But no halo on cactus

2 minutes ago, auclectic said:

I can't get a good screen grab but I really thought I saw a decent sized filament lifting off from south of this region 2-8 between 22 and early 2-9 similar time to the x flare. Can see it best on blue wavelength. But no halo on cactus

Which time frame did your mentioned filament liftoff happen in utc?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

i wonder why there is no nasa run yet or noaa swpc enlil run. because there is lasco data

NOAA forecast suggests only a glancing blow around 02/12. Watching it now and I would say most of it will go south of earth. 

12 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

NOAA forecast suggests only a glancing blow around 02/12. Watching it now and I would say most of it will go south of earth. 

theyre talking about another Filament there.

3 minutes ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

Another fiber from this region. This seems more Earth-oriented https://gyazo.com/202ecb3f99ff851e56ac03a176834210

A filament eruption centered near S37W02 beginning at 08/2000 UTC was
reanalyzed. A likely associated CME was observed off the S limb at
09/0154 UTC in SOHO/LASCO C3 imagery. Modelling results indicated the
potential for a grazing blow mid to late on 12 Feb.

>>> The filament youre talking about lifted off 2 days ago

7 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

theyre talking about another Filament there.

A filament eruption centered near S37W02 beginning at 08/2000 UTC was
reanalyzed. A likely associated CME was observed off the S limb at
09/0154 UTC in SOHO/LASCO C3 imagery. Modelling results indicated the
potential for a grazing blow mid to late on 12 Feb.

>>> The filament youre talking about lifted off 2 days ago

Was it strong or explosive or enough for g1 or g2

6 minutes ago, Nathan Majors said:

Was it strong or explosive or enough for g1 or g2

the mentioned one? not even Kp4. 

this mornings CME modelled by Nasa with a kp estimate of 5-6 (G1-G2)

20240210_102700_2.0_anim.tim-den.gif

Many people including solarham called it a miss so im still not sure what to believe.

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

the mentioned one? not even Kp4. 

this mornings CME modelled by Nasa with a kp estimate of 5-6 (G1-G2)

20240210_102700_2.0_anim.tim-den.gif

Many people including solarham called it a miss so im still not sure what to believe.

it doesn't really look like a miss?? or it is because it was blown to the south?

2 hours ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

Another fiber from this region. This seems more Earth-oriented https://gyazo.com/202ecb3f99ff851e56ac03a176834210

Nice shot!  Thanks for posting that.  It coincides pretty well with the “ squid” from yesterday. Different filament and why we are viewing post eruption arcs possibly. 

16 minutes ago, mozy said:

What exactly do you mean with this?

Sorry, I wasn't as thorough in my explanation. I mean, why is the flux now holding at around ~2 and slightly above when it was lower before the filament eruption. e.g. more development, growth etc.?
By post flare acards I mean the structures / loops shown in the photo (attached) emanating from the region. I don't know if these were actually there after the filament eruption/flare as I suspected or a phenomena of its own.

8dfcc0c4ec653946f5280eef0dd255b6.png