Region 3576

Jesterface23

Just now, willow said:

the one behind the limb? oh!😞

yees the one behind the limb. its not totally occulted so the reading is semi-true i think. of course it waited until it reached the limb of disappointment.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/goes-solar-ultraviolet-imager-suvi

but i think mozy uses SDO or something that refreshes even faster than suvi.

ah, i see...
Well the time i have read this, here on the website i did just see that the max flux level was at M5.00 something-ish lol

Just now, Solar_Marcel said:

ah, i see...
Well the time i have read this, here on the website i did just see that the max flux level was at M5.00 something-ish lol

Lol i was chilling in the bathtub when i saw it and climbed out immediatly 🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Lol i was chilling in the bathtub when i saw it and climbed out immediatly 🤣

same!!! i missed M9.82 in november while showering and now im happy that I nearly missed but i didnt 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fishaxolotl said:

Could get more if the flare on 3576 right now reaches a good level 

Oops, posted this in the wrong thread.

The flaring from this one is relatively insignificant in comparison, and not eruptive at all by the looks of it, seems like an impulsive little blip. Low-level M-flare at most judging by the imagery and the little bump in the downslope of the flux.

High-energy protons arriving in roughly an hour after eruption will typically only be from the most eruptive events, especially on the right limb.

• Like 2

Just now, Philalethes said:

The flaring from this one is relatively insignificant in comparison, and not eruptive at all by the looks of it, seems like an impulsive little blip. Low-level M-flare at most judging by the imagery and the little bump in the downslope of the flux.

High-energy protons arriving in roughly an hour after eruption will typically only be from the most eruptive events, especially on the right limb.

Good point, think it took about that long for protons to arrive after that NYE X5 flare. 

Back on topic though, perhaps there's still hope for our active region to do something, especially if it flares in sympathy with the other big active region

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

Is there any way to see It's strength while another bigger flare is ongoing or is it a lost cause?

2 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

Do you think we'll see a proton event?

2 minutes ago, Andrew Bartel-sixbey said:

Our registering m3 I believe

How do you come to this conclusion?

Just now, mozy said:

Is there any way to see It's strength while another bigger flare is ongoing or is it a lost cause?

lost cause i believe.. i remember asking this 1-2 years back and the general o-tone was that goes measures the whole disc i.e the highest flux. 😕 

• Sad 1