Region 3576

Jesterface23

16 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Protons again. Wow.   The two weeks of protons non stop   Feels like two weeks anyway…Hah! 

What happen if we have a long duration of proton? Sorry am new around here and learning as I go.

1 hour ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Another Monty Python fan.  Haha love it!!!

Hey. Interesting development here. Solar soft lists the X flare as 3571.  It sure LOOKS like 3576 to me However. 
The latitude works out but  it would have had to regrow.  I just checked our archives.  Not that it matters much except maybe we shouldn’t disrespect 3576 as much.  Haha. Mike 

It seems unlikely that it would be AR3571. The images seem to show flaring this side, whereas AR3571 is about 45 or 50 degrees behind the limb by now.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

It seems unlikely that it would be AR3571. The images seem to show flaring this side, whereas AR3571 is about 45 or 50 degrees behind the limb by now.

Yes, the latitude and hemisphere seemed to work. Although looking at any wavelength pretty much screams 3576.  Interesting that attributions were from 3571 in a series.  Typographical or AI.  Quicker is usually less accurate.  Thanks for weighing in on dat.  Mike 

The funny part of it was to me anyway, I kept looking for telltale diffraction spikes and saw none!! I’m thinking WHAT??!  3575 hit us that hard from the farside??!!  Haha

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

No chance of a glance due to sitting on the limb? I overslept the flare so I couldn’t look at Suvi :) good morning.

3 topics on this flare and not a single picture or video for posterity?

😮😳😢

1 minute ago, Justanerd said:

3 topics on this flare and not a single picture or video for posterity?

😮😳😢

theres always sdo! Even better quality etc. but it wasnt updated yet when i wrote this. Now it should be! Its not lost. dont worry :D❤️ 

7 minutes ago, Justanerd said:

Still not updated 😡

On the left side of the SDO data page there's an "AIA/HMI Browse Data" tab (this) where you can select today, it updates much more frequently than the "48 hr video" of the various wavelengths. I've never experienced not being able to see an event there after it's gone from SUVI.

And as also came up recently you can see archived SUVI imagery too in places like iSWA and Helioviewer.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

On the left side of the SDO data page there's an "AIA/HMI Browse Data" tab (this) where you can select today, it updates much more frequently than the "48 hr video" of the various wavelengths. I've never experienced not being able to see an event there after it's gone from SUVI.

And as also came up recently you can see archived SUVI imagery too in places like iSWA and Helioviewer.

I ❤️ the movie function of SDO. ^-^

2 hours ago, Marcel de Bont said:

That's a cracking picture, @Aten🥰

There are not enough LASCO coronagraph frames available yet to draw a final conclusion but the CME is likely to not have an earth-directed component.

Welcome! A proton storm can cause certain issues which we explain here but for you and me on planet Earth there is nothing to worry about. https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/help/what-is-a-solar-radiation-storm.html

Agreed, majority of the ejecta looks southwestward.

4 hours ago, Aten said:

BMv7ZrF.png

how can you attach the pictures? How are they so small?
I cant even attach one.. When i try i always get an error :( 
Sorry for the offtopic here

Edited by Solar_Marcel
Oops

29 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

If you click that image you'll see that it's actually hosted on Imgur. You can upload images to external hosts and link to them in your posts, that way you won't have any size limit. If you link directly to the image URL the image will be automatically embedded too.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

If you click that image you'll see that it's actually hosted on Imgur. You can upload images to external hosts and link to them in your posts, that way you won't have any size limit. If you link directly to the image URL the image will be automatically embedded too.

ohh i didnt notice that, thanks a lot!

1 hour ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Users have a fixed amount of image storage space, due to the expense of hosting large files on our servers.  After a while, you have filled up your space, which is why you now see the very small amount of space remaining.  The best option is to transition to offsite hosting, which you can embed here, as others have already mentioned.

Also, people who are around for a while and build up enough reputation points become "Community Regulars," which you can see under their pictures or profiles, and has the green names.  As a recognition of the value these individuals contribute to the forums, they have much larger file storage limits, allowing them to directly upload images again, at least for quite a while (not sure if there's a limit or how big it is).
So if you're an active member for a while, you may get that rank (it is done automatically by reputation points), and that lets you upload more images.  But in the meantime, the offsite hosting works pretty well.

• Like 2