Region 3576

Jesterface23

1 minute ago, Drax Spacex said:

Someone should write a paper on why this sunspot group in the southern hemisphere keeps firing off CMEs directed to the north!

It's trying really hard to be considerate and not sneeze on us! 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, mozy said:

Seems we've entered one of those periods where it doesn't seem to matter how the regions look, they somehow manage to flare big either way 😎

how does it look atm? Sadly cant access SDO from my Mobile right now for some reason, but when i looked a few hours back it looked meh with a tiny delta.

7 minutes ago, Drax Spacex said:

Someone should write a paper on why this sunspot group in the southern hemisphere keeps firing off CMEs directed to the north!

Pretty much the full region hasn't erupted yet. The current smaller, strong eruptions have been following the northern magnetic loops instead of the regions eastern loops.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Pretty much the full region hasn't erupted yet. The current smaller, strong eruptions have been following the northern magnetic loops instead of the regions eastern loops.

latest_4096_0094.jpg

what the hell is happening way up there?
Also 3576 still bright as a lamp

11 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

That's a good explanation - that a CME produced from a flare is generally directed along a vector from the base of the involved magnetic loops through their zenith.

Just now, MinYoongi said:

could be the eastern filament eruption i just mentioned

hmm... true but in the AIA 094 Picture that is long gone... Also you dont normally see filaments lifting off in AIA 094 

1 minute ago, Solar_Marcel said:

hmm... true but in the AIA 094 Picture that is long gone... Also you dont normally see filaments lifting off in AIA 094 

https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/assets/img/latest/mpeg/latest_512_094335193.mp4
okok, it might be the prominence lol

41 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

It's trying really hard to be considerate and not sneeze on us! 

Still laughing doggone it!   It was hard to get him to wear the silly masks. At least he is trying his best to his credit. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

how does it look atm? Sadly cant access SDO from my Mobile right now for some reason, but when i looked a few hours back it looked meh with a tiny delta.

I keep getting 404 errors when trying to access iswa 😟

42 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

C3

whew, where does this guy emerge from? 

North ten possibly like the others. 
whatever it is it seems to be obeying this cycles’  rules of limb excess and lets hope it has something left besides plage whenever it finally arrives!   My bad. Thought I was in incoming regions thread!  Mike. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Oops

11 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i wonder why its constantly flaring right now

We all have been wondering this.  If you look at the current pic of 3576 you will likely see the flares western connection point. I cant even guess at polarity cuz it looks black compared to the other blues! Haha.  I could also guess that it was fulfilling my wish to crack 200 sfi this week ( 18:00  nrc just did btw.)  But that’s just silly!  

Edited by hamateur 1953
Typo

11 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

We all have been wondering this.  If you look at the current pic of 3576 you will likely see the flares western connection point. I cant even guess at polarity cuz it looks black compared to the other blues! Haha.  I could also guess that it was fulfilling my wish to crack 200 sfi this week ( 18:00  nrc just did btw.)  But that’s just silly!  

5ae99495d836219aa4f77e9b8f2ed830.png tiny speck of blue, doesnt look black to me. or do you mean another form of imagery? :D 

33 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

5ae99495d836219aa4f77e9b8f2ed830.png tiny speck of blue, doesnt look black to me. or do you mean another form of imagery? :D 

Interesting especially if its current. Will check whatever I was looking at earlier.  Your pic radically different. Perhaps I was looking at an earlier rendering.    Edit. Yup things are changing still.  There are now two points of connection your blue and the other point I was just discussing to the west.  Hopefully a precursor to an explosion. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Updated

1 minute ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Interesting especially if its current. Will check whatever I was looking at earlier.  Your pic radically different. Perhaps I was looking at an earlier rendering. 

this is up to date! :) 

Love it!   Off topic here but look at HUGE loops in 131 on northern limb. Incredible 

3 minutes ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

Filament is just starting under the region

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Holy Noob said:

Die nächste M Fackel aus A3576...M 2.09......

ehrm ja, but maybe try in english;)
still going:)

Edited by Herr Salz
forgot to quote:)

is it actually 3576 thats flaring? I dont see brightening in the Region
top left of the sun is lighting up like a city though so could it be from there?

latest_1024_0131.jpg

looks like the flare is occouring at the top left of the sun, there is some brightening in 3576 but not as much as up there