Region 3576

Jesterface23

In AR3576's defense, it should be noted that the top 4 flares from this region were closer to the central meridian than the limbs.  It didn't produce notable CMEs, but it did fire off many flares and increased SFI and SN.

https://ibb.co/fFTwJ4N

UPDATE:  Nevermind!  AR 3576 wasn't done.  On 2024-Feb-16, it unleashed an R3 X2.5 flare within a few degrees of the west limb, the #1 top flare from this region.  No longer an AR3576 apologist, I withdraw my representation and leave the accused to defend itself!

Edited by Drax Spacex
Update
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Drax Spacex said:

In AR3576's defense, it should be noted that the top 4 flares from this region were closer to the central meridian than the limbs.  It didn't produce notable CMEs, but it did fire off many flares and increased SFI and SN.

https://ibb.co/fFTwJ4N

It needs all the defense it can muster @Drax Spacex   It’s on trial here!! 😂😂

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, tniickck said:

obviously after decaying and incoming on the limb of disappointment. 3576 i hate you too

"limb of disappointment" haha

I have to remember that :)

Not a surprise at all. Last months are extremely unlucky for aurora photographers. 

4 minutes ago, Calder said:

Seems surprisingly eruptive for how impulsive it was, it’s already back down to C6 😮

I scared my wife when I yelled "Woah" because it jumped so fast 😅 It probably noticed we were watching and its trying to act like nothing happend haha

There is definitely material leaving the sun haha 😅 

Now do I sleep or stay up to wait for C3 imagery 🤔

Screenshot_20240216-001902~2.png

• Haha 2
  • Cool 2

4 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

I scared my wife when I yelled "Woah" because it jumped so fast 😅 It probably noticed we were watching and its trying to act like nothing happend haha

There is definitely material leaving the sun haha 😅 

Now do I sleep or stay up to wait for C3 imagery 🤔

Screenshot_20240216-001902~2.png

Why would you stay up for a limb flare 😅

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, cheebee said:

ive stayed up for many a limb flash.... wink wink nudge nudge SAY NO MORE! :D

Another Monty Python fan.  Haha love it!!!

Hey. Interesting development here. Solar soft lists the X flare as 3571.  It sure LOOKS like 3576 to me However. 
The latitude works out but  it would have had to regrow.  I just checked our archives.  Not that it matters much except maybe we shouldn’t disrespect 3576 as much.  Haha. Mike 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 2