AR 3536

Solar_Marcel
Go to solution Solved by Calder,

3 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Guess it is up to the negative polarity umbra. Needs to start fighting back

negative is blue? isnt it relatively staying the same? Im still a bit confused when comparing the two images, because the blue is so light(not intense?) but there are dark spots visible

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

negative is blue? isnt it relatively staying the same? Im still a bit confused when comparing the two images, because the blue is so light(not intense?) but there are dark spots visible

Red is negative. I just go to this page every 30 minutes. https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/assets/docs/HMI_M.ColorTable.pdf

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Red is negative. I just go to this page every 30 minutes. https://sdo.gsfc.nasa.gov/assets/docs/HMI_M.ColorTable.pdf

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

thats very helpful. thank you!

It's a pretty weird convention given how red generally is reserved for the north pole of a magnet, which is the pole of positive magnetic flux (i.e. where there's a net outflow of field lines); but then again, helioscience is the field in which east and west are also reversed, so maybe it's not such a surprise after all...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

It's a pretty weird convention given how red generally is reserved for the north pole of a magnet, which is the pole of positive magnetic flux (i.e. where there's a net outflow of field lines); but then again, helioscience is the field in which east and west are also reversed, so maybe it's not such a surprise after all...

When learning radar velocities one of the first thoughts would be Green Towards, Red Away. Towards would often include green and blue while away would often include reds and yellows/oranges.

Just now, Jesterface23 said:

Waaaait. double peak

Hahah yeah I waited for it too but seems it flopped, unless this flare can somehow trigger that filament lurking inside the region shortly after this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozy said:

Hahah yeah I waited for it too but seems it flopped, unless this flare can somehow trigger that filament lurking inside the region shortly after this.

Which filament ? 😮. I gotta take a look at 304A?

Just now, MinYoongi said:

May I ask why? To me it looked growing, but I’m not sure about direction etc. you’re way more experienced 🙈

Seems It's separating from the penumbrae, overall the region just looks boring

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Triple peak.

I guess that's technically true, but if it weren't for a single measurement it would have been monotonically increasing after the first trough; I guess this is when specifying it as weakly monotonic growth is appropriate, heh.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mozy said:

Oh is it? in the northern portion? But its flaring rn and not stopping so why boring o: 

6 minutes ago, mozy said:

Agree. I’m always just hoping for the next spot group that rivals the sudden growth of the infamous AR 2673 from 2017 haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Landon Moeller said:

Agree. I’m always just hoping for the next spot group that rivals the sudden growth of the infamous AR 2673 from 2017 haha

I wasnt active back then. but i remember some article from Dr.Skov about it :) 

• Like 1