AR 3536

Solar_Marcel
Go to solution Solved by Calder,

31 minutes ago, Miles said:

Okay! That’s a nice answer :)  why does it look better to you?

34 minutes ago, SpaceWeather5464 said:

The flux rope looks interesting, Is this sunspot going to flare for the last time before dying. 🤔

What rope ? Filament in the region?

Oooh, a beta delta now. That should be good for X flares. 

Though it looks a bit broken and it seems to have lost its cute Pacman-like shape

Edited by Fishaxolotl
Giving additional info

2 hours ago, Fishaxolotl said:

Oooh, a beta delta now. That should be good for X flares. 

Though it looks a bit broken and it seems to have lost its cute Pacman-like shape

I wouldn't say that it is complex enough for X-flares now. There is a small deltaic-looking region which still has clear seperation, I suppose that it is what made it Beta-Delta. It could do M-flares, at most.

Capture d’écran 2024-01-05 100108.png

Capture d’écran 2024-01-05 100229.png

Edited by chronical
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

How’s magnetic complexity right now? Can’t properly check on mobile but I think red n blue are touching right now. Or still not worth talking about again? @Philalethes @arjemma

I'm sorry for the late reply, I have been working all day.

I just made an overlay of it and it does look like there is a small delta but it's hard to tell between the penumbras. I would say it still has some complexity.

25 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

A possible telltale sign of future eruptivity as it nears the center disk.

How so? I never paid attention to that in the past, i think. What does it mean exactly, is magnetic complexity a matter or not?

18 minutes ago, Chris_Wicklund said:

Off topic but how do you start a topic? AR3440 is a very interesting region. 

http://Creating Solar activity topics

Hi, Chris. Try viewing this forum. I hope the link works. Otherwise, there should be a blue “Start New Topic” once you select a general topic on the main community page, such as Solar Activity or Geomagnetic Activity. This is as I see it on mobile at least. Hope this helps

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

How so? I never paid attention to that in the past, i think. What does it mean exactly, is magnetic complexity a matter or not?

I am not sure that it is tied to magnetic complexity or not. It is not really associated with flaring. Perhaps someone else will know more about this

2 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

http://Creating Solar activity topics

Hi, Chris. Try viewing this forum. I hope the link works. Otherwise, there should be a blue “Start New Topic” once you select a general topic on the main community page, such as Solar Activity or Geomagnetic Activity. This is as I see it on mobile at least. Hope this helps

I am not sure that it is tied to magnetic complexity or not. It is not really associated with flaring. Perhaps someone else will know more about this

thank you still for the heads up! Interesting thing to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jay-B said:

It looks like the delta is getting bigger. We have went about 12 hrs without any significant flares. Hopefully it gets pent up and blows a big one!!

Screenshot 2024-01-05 135019.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-01-05 135051.jpeg

The delta is actually shrinking and disappearing if you compare with tonight / morning (utc)

• Like 2

I was looking at the pictures in your comment thinking they were ones from last night, compared them to the ones in my post, thinking they look exactly the same and then i realized they were lol

It has started going through a growing phase again

Regions that rapidly grow "rings" like this tend to be more exciting, but time will tell.

Edited by mozy

33 minutes ago, mozy said:

Regions that rapidly grow "rings" like this tend to be more exciting, but time will tell.

Yes - new small sunspots strung out eliptically like a string of pearls within weak penumbra - sharply increasing the number of sunspots for AR3536.  But no deltas.

And there's another AR developing south of 3536 at almost center of the solar disk.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mozy said:

may i ask why? 

1 hour ago, mozy said:

also how are growth phases defined, if theres anything like a defination for that? Ive read it in the past a couple times on here, but i never really dug deeper or asked for more info.

22 minutes ago, Chris_Wicklund said:

Haven’t seen a ring structure in awhile. Reminds of the sunspots of 2003. I wonder once it continues growing if it’ll up its magnetic complexity and start spitting out so M’s or even X’s if it can grow substantially.

IMG_0045.jpeg

nice screenshot, love old data! Crazy to see how far we've come. are ring sunspots rare? What makes them as special?