AR 3536

Solar_Marcel
Go to solution Solved by Calder,

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

is it tied to the filament or why is it LDE?

It's already gone on for ~40 minutes in the M-flare range, that alone makes it an event of fairly long duration, and by how it seems to keep creeping up slowly it's probably going to stay in that range for well over an hour at least.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

is it tied to the filament or why is it LDE?

With the latest part of the flare, I do see some activity has moved northeast in the spot group up to the small filament. However, not the direct cause. Let’s see what happens

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

It's already gone on for ~40 minutes in the M-flare range, that alone makes it an event of fairly long duration, and by how it seems to keep creeping up slowly it's probably going to stay in that range for well over an hour at least.

i wonder whats the cause, any speculations/theories?

Just now, LunarLights58 said:

What do you think about SWPC/NOAA saying there are 175 >X1's and 8 >X10's per solar cycle?

hmm i guess its just plain statistics, at least thats how i interpret it in the past

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

its a good view, but do those maps differ from the SDO ones?

The color tables will be a little different, but they should be fairly similar. The imagery is just stretched so we see it more head on.

1 minute ago, LunarLights58 said:

What do you think about SWPC/NOAA saying there are 175 >X1's and 8 >X10's per solar cycle?

Haha I saw this statistic on the 31st and could not believe it just because of how few we’ve had this solar cycle thus far

Just now, Jesterface23 said:

The color tables will be a little different, but they should be fairly similar. The imagery is just stretched so we see it more head on.

thanks for sharing it even more then, its nice to see it with another perspective. i dont know why everyone keeps trashing the delta :D 

2 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

Haha I saw this statistic on the 31st and could not believe it just because of how few we’ve had this solar cycle thus far

But i think the biggest events happen shortly after maximum ☝️

2 minutes ago, LunarLights58 said:

Is that really the average so far? I guess that includes cycles like SC19, which must be far above even that average in that case, which is quite crazy to think about if it's indeed the case. Would love to experience a cycle like that at some point in my life, that's for sure.

• Like 2

I think I saw some flux ropes getting energized and the current flux is almost at M4 and still rising. 

interested in the flux ropes/Energized thing. :) where can i observe the phenomena you observed?

I think I saw some flux ropes getting energized and the current flux is almost at M4 and still rising. 

Yeah i believe there might be another high end M or X flare because the sunspot looks a little more active now on SDO AIA 94 for the past 24 hours but who knows.