Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

Just now, 3gMike said:

I do not have enough experience to make that judgement, but it covered more than 90 degrees. Can a filament be that wide?

Dont know. But still, we had a big farside cme like last week or so and it wasnt fast so not that interesting

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Dont know. But still, we had a big farside cme like last week or so and it wasnt fast so not that interesting

Looking at farside data, and comparing with location of CME23, I suspect it was launched from area FS2022-029. This is the same area that gave us AR3004, which produced an X1.1 flare on 3 May, followed by 4x M flares on 4 and 5 May

AR_Map_21May.png.8fb09827d6d107961e451d572cfacbe7.png

As always, we have to wait for it to arrive earthside to see what it can produce this time.

1 hour ago, 3gMike said:

It is looking hopeful - still a bit close to the limb, but I could convince myself it is a Beta spot, and possibly Beta-Delta.

Limb_may24_18-00UTC.jpg.baf035ceb22ab29206b27152c5251968.jpg

May i ask where you see a Delta?

Is the spot showing activity/released recent CME's? 

(anything speaking for activity?)

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

May i ask where you see a Delta?

Is the spot showing activity/released recent CME's? 

(anything speaking for activity?)

I'm probably being a bit optimistic - not much activity anywhere at the moment !

58 minutes ago, Orneno said:

I’m seeing some big CMEs from behind the western limb, I’ll be interested to see if anything comes into view 

What do you mean? Isnt East the Incoming?

There were 2 Filament eruptions yesterday.  Or do you mean other cmes?

Were those Earthside filament eruptions?
I suppose they must have been, if you know the were filaments at all

(I just went and watched the AIA 304 last 48 hrs vid like I should have done to start with, and I see what you mean, those are beautiful filament eruptions!  Super cool how the ones around May 24th 22:48 seem linked, the one in the southern hemisphere seems to go off and trigger the one in the northern!

Edited by Orneno

There seems to be a southern region rotating into view soon, nothing interesting otherwise

STERO A EUVI 195

27/05/2022 23:35:00

Yes, hopefully in a few days time there will be something to discuss. :)

Screenshot_2022-05-28-09-49-11-1-1-1-1.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Looks promising!

It looks like this is probably the old AR3006, which produced three M flares and an X1.5 last time round. Let's hope it can do even better this time!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 3gMike said:

It looks like this is probably the old AR3006, which produced three M flares and an X1.5 last time round. Let's hope it can do even better this time!

Mhhh i dont know! Do you have more data on that?

@Orneno Do you maybe know where the CME in Lasco (starting around 19:00) is from? And could the Type 2 Burst with 600KMS be related?  (18 UTC)

Ok Update.

This Region here was responsible for the large (but slow) CME we've seen in Lasco. 

it has been growing for 2 days now. since its in the middle of the far side i think its 1 week until it reaches the limb (atleast on stereo) so we can see it. Since many things can change in that time and the CME wasnt too fast i dont wanna give anyone too much hope but maybe interesting. 

19e27e7ec8df1e13f64d4ffbd3a15894.png

i dont wanna give anyone too much hope but maybe interesting. 

Well the numbers are in free fall!

It's been quite some time since background flux has been this low: B 3.1 

We'll have to wait to see what comes over the Eastern limb.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Mhhh i dont know! Do you have more data on that?

It is based on the Carrington longitude of AR3006, which indicates it should be due to return about now.

JSOC/Stanford has not been producing farside data since 22nd May and GONG/NSO does not seem to show any significant activity. Where are you getting the image that you posted?

4 hours ago, 3gMike said:

It is based on the Carrington longitude of AR3006, which indicates it should be due to return about now.

JSOC/Stanford has not been producing farside data since 22nd May and GONG/NSO does not seem to show any significant activity. Where are you getting the image that you posted?

Theyre still producing the farside maps i posted(newer version) i texted them about it. The Data used is the same so the problem is technical and it should be looked at soon. Will attach link to new version and Message with People responsible at jsoc when on pc. :)

• Like 1

It appears that AR 3006 has weakened considerably to an area of plage.

The next returning AR, 3007,  hopefully is still active. 

There have been no spotless days for 2022 so far. Let's hope the trend continues.

38 minutes ago, Newbie said:

It appears that AR 3006 has weakened considerably to an area of plage.

The next returning AR, 3007,  hopefully is still active. 

There have been no spotless days for 2022 so far. Let's hope the trend continues.

When is 3007 due to return?

btw here is the still updating version of farside : http://jsoc2.stanford.edu/data/timed/td_farside/2022/2022.05/two_hemi/

06f11eb4dcc8d61135924394d853ac65.png

3014 looks like its doing good, the southern region needs 5 more days or 6 id say.