Jump to content

Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)


MinYoongi

Recommended Posts

Have to keep an eye on the northeastern side of the limb now aswell, looks like we just had a flare of some sort from the region hiding behind there with a possible CME.

Possibly a growing region?

Edited by mozy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mozy said:

Have to keep an eye on the northeastern side of the limb now aswell, looks like we just had a flare of some sort from the region hiding behind there with a possible CME.

Possibly a growing region?

Youre not talking about the filament Eruption earlier yesterday right? Is the CME visible in Lasco? 

Also, do you mean a few days behind the limb or like alr kinda on the disc ? Im gonna look if Lasco updated when i wake up later.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Youre not talking about the filament Eruption earlier yesterday right? Is the CME visible in Lasco? 

Also, do you mean a few days behind the limb or like alr kinda on the disc ? Im gonna look if Lasco updated when i wake up later.

It happened nearly at the same time as the first M1 flare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

What does everyone thing about the incoming limb region?

is it just lot faculae? or are you guys excited? nobody is really talking about it anymore. :D 

828ed4e4983d4cc729ffad07de9363a3.png

 

something big coming?

Could be strong, I saw a very nice CME off that way earlier 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Orneno said:

Could be strong, I saw a very nice CME off that way earlier 

I think that was a Filament eruption ? I posted a tweet with a video attached above. 

What do you mean with strong?

I think another 1-2 days until we can see it without foreshortening of the limb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mozy said:

It could still very well have been associated with a flare within a region.

Is there any way to tell? 😕 i doubt it but it would be awesome to know if something interesting is moving onto the disc? What do you think? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Just recently, another beautiful CME from the east limb!

image.png.fc236eaa943fd11380f5247df2224517.png

Im sure its the one from the Video that i posted! Thank you for posting the lasco imagery :) i do think its a filment eruption but mozy is right, couldve been a flare 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Is there any way to tell? 😕 i doubt it but it would be awesome to know if something interesting is moving onto the disc? What do you think? :)

What makes me think that it could have been flare related is the amount of coronal loops that started rising just after it released. 

Also looks like we do have another smaller CME back there a while ago, not the one Orneno posted about though.

Edited by mozy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

I'm still interested to everyones opinion about the incoming regions :) !

Well, it seems to be showing up now, but looking on Stereo I'm not convinced it is going to be huge - I hope I am wrong !

latest_4096_HMIIF_apr26_09-00UTC.jpg.56191bf8c16a6d75f000e8e2c4e4598f.jpg

20220426_084500_n7euA_195.jpg.77090a2b3aeb300d1d46ec44b03e45de.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

Well, it seems to be showing up now, but looking on Stereo I'm not convinced it is going to be huge - I hope I am wrong !

latest_4096_HMIIF_apr26_09-00UTC.jpg.56191bf8c16a6d75f000e8e2c4e4598f.jpg

20220426_084500_n7euA_195.jpg.77090a2b3aeb300d1d46ec44b03e45de.jpg

Feels odd seeing a region that far south.

Edited by mozy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Feels odd seeing a region that far south.

Yes, I would estimate it as being around -40 deg latitude. The highest I've found in southern hemisphere for this cycle was at -43 degree in July 2021. That was an Alpha that only survived for 3 days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you also agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.