Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

"

Several CMEs were observed in available coronagraph imagery from
at or beyond the southeast limb, "

So this is from the 12:30UTC Forecast discussion.

They talked about the prominence eruption too, but to me the SE Limb didnt look as flare/cme intense despite that? Maybe @Orneno knows something since he's watching Lasco more often than I do 😊☺️ I also remember you already talking about those regions and that they lack activity but now im interested since noaa said theyre cme producing. They also claim that yesterdays 17:00 UTC C6 Flare came from that Region

I'm just trying to see if we have  flare/cme player/s coming :) 😀

4 hours ago, 3gMike said:

Well, it seems to be showing up now, but looking on Stereo I'm not convinced it is going to be huge - I hope I am wrong !

latest_4096_HMIIF_apr26_09-00UTC.jpg.56191bf8c16a6d75f000e8e2c4e4598f.jpg

20220426_084500_n7euA_195.jpg.77090a2b3aeb300d1d46ec44b03e45de.jpg

I think there has to be something hidden behind the limb? Im not sure its the already visible portions flaring/erupting rn?

Edit: flaring on the SE limb looks to be impulsive and shortlived (Suvi showing it lighting up very short), the long signature seems to be 2993/4 flaring.

Just now, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I think 94 is erupting. 

Why? Any dimming?

Because i saw an eruption from the SE limb in Suvi associated with a tiny flare.

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

Why? Any dimming?

Because i saw an eruption from the SE limb in Suvi associated with a tiny flare.

2994 or 93 is the long one as you said, and the tiny flare- well I really don't know. Maybe 2999? (I think that is the one closest to the limb)

And any dimming? I don't know

This helps as well to tell where it flared/ flaring: Solar Demon Dimming Detection (qlk)

2 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Maybe 2999? (I think that is the one closest to the limb)

Thats the thing im asking myself. I dont think its 2999 but the other regions *just* on the Limb. I posted earlier what Noaa had to say about them. I also dont know if those eruptions are all Filament releases or CMEs. There is atleast one Filament Eruption that happened yesterday, but the one i just saw happening shortly after the flare? I dont know. Could be a CME too for all i know.

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

I think there has to be something hidden behind the limb?

It looks like there could be a little more to come

Composite_Map_apr26.0.png.f4da365a9f4596212ef2f0a291ba3d7d.png

But then nothing significant for the next 7 days in the southern hemisphere. Note: region on limb now identified as AR3001

44 minutes ago, 3gMike said:

It looks like there could be a little more to come

Composite_Map_apr26.0.png.f4da365a9f4596212ef2f0a291ba3d7d.png

But then nothing significant for the next 7 days in the southern hemisphere. Note: region on limb now identified as AR3001

I wonder if theres only faculae behind 3001.. 🤔

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, mozy said:

Seem to be simultaneous eruptions on the farside going on atm, both north & south. Both can be spotted good on SUVI

Uhm? I only see region 3007 which is not really farside and the one on the north. or am i missing something? 

South eruption looks like a blooming Lotus, nice.

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Uhm? I only see region 3007 which is not really farside and the one on the north. or am i missing something? 

South eruption looks like a blooming Lotus, nice.

The eruption on the south is from behind 3007 no? And the northern one is behind the limb, most likely from the region seen on Stereo

55f3d0843b13173d249c839353a3cfbf.pngb672aacb405a7758476a92e7c51740c7.png

8 minutes ago, mozy said:

The eruption on the south is from behind 3007 no? And the northern one is behind the limb, most likely from the region seen on Stereo

55f3d0843b13173d249c839353a3cfbf.pngb672aacb405a7758476a92e7c51740c7.png

Ah, i did not see it in my "usual" suvi channels :) ! 

Do you think its just coincidence or is there something that can make them fire off at the almost same time? Some form of connection?

Also; Is the northern Region already the Leading edge of 2994? It should rotate to the limb in 5-6 days i believe.

so that would be atleast some form of confirmation on it being active i guess?

And the southern region is interesting, i did not catch it on any farside map the last few days, so a nice lil surprise.

ah, also, top eruption looks like a filament was ejected, i dont really see a flare. Is it because of the wavelength/too occulted? it looks like a filament/string being yeeted away :D 

Edited by MinYoongi

Do you think its just coincidence or is there something that can make them fire off at the almost same time? Some form of connection?

I genuinely believe there is some correlation between eruptions, it happens so often that once something flares, another one kicks off from somewhere else.

Also; Is the northern Region already the Leading edge of 2994? It should rotate to the limb in 5-6 days i believe.

so that would be atleast some form of confirmation on it being active i guess?

I don't really keep track of the regions on the farside as it's irrelevant what they really do back there, but it could very well be.

As for the southern one, seeing It's still a bit away, do I dare say it was probably an X-class flare? X-ray flux rose slowly just as it would with a big flare that is still a decent distance from the limb.

Now we gotta keep track if this is the start of them being active again, if that's the case we'll have another round of an active period ahead, assuming they don't decay instantly.

9 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

ah, also, top eruption looks like a filament was ejected, i dont really see a flare. Is it because of the wavelength/too occulted? it looks like a filament/string being yeeted away :D 

I personally think it was a flare at the northern one, looked a bit too fast to be a filament, usually you see them going up slowly, this one burst out real quick. I could be wrong though.

6 minutes ago, mozy said:

As for the southern one, seeing It's still a bit away, do I dare say it was probably an X-class flare? X-ray flux rose slowly just as it would with a big flare that is still a decent distance from the limb.

Now we gotta keep track if this is the start of them being active again, if that's the case we'll have another round of an active period ahead, assuming they don't decay instantly.

What does "a bit away" mean as in how many days until we start seeing it on our limb? (Not stereo's) 

Phew, would be cool. I hope Lasco will update soon so we can see the CME's :) I would love a follow up from you about those! :D  

As to the Decay thing, is it common for active regions to start decay after one or some few big flares? 

11 minutes ago, mozy said:

I personally think it was a flare at the northern one, looked a bit too fast to be a filament, usually you see them going up slowly, this one burst out real quick. I could be wrong though.

Could be, but to be honest it looks so narrow and filament like, also i dont see it being as bright as the southern one. so maybe the slow rise was the southern one and the top one shot out a filament? I hope this does not sound stupid. just trying to speculate.

8 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

What does "a bit away" mean as in how many days until we start seeing it on our limb? (Not stereo's) 

Phew, would be cool. I hope Lasco will update soon so we can see the CME's :) I would love a follow up from you about those! :D  

As to the Decay thing, is it common for active regions to start decay after one or some few big flares? 

Could be, but to be honest it looks so narrow and filament like, also i dont see it being as bright as the southern one. so maybe the slow rise was the southern one and the top one shot out a filament? I hope this does not sound stupid. just trying to speculate.

The rise in x-ray flux is definitely from the southern one seeing how "big/wide" that eruption seemed to be.

A lot of quick flares send out small narrow CME's, that's a normal sight for those types of flares, I'll still stick with it being a quick flare on the north.

As for the decay thing, I don't know, they do whatever they feel like doing really :P

Edited by mozy

5 minutes ago, mozy said:

The rise in x-ray flux is definitely from the southern one seeing how "big/wide" that eruption seemed to be.

A lot of quick flares send out small narrow CME's, that's a normal sight for those types of flares, I'll still stick with it being a quick flare on the north.

As for the decay thing, I don't know, they do whatever they feel like doing really :P

Cool 🙂 

I wonder why the southern one didnt show up on any maps. it looks to be decent sized too! :) I guess we'll see in 3-4 days? ^-^ (if it does not decay like u already mentioned) 

the northern one does not look too interesting to me.