Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

7 minutes ago, Yak said:

I hope that in a couple of days this spot develops, and AR3014 comes back. 

A couple of days could be too late, its in a good position now. 

3014 will def come back, but we wont know in what state. plage, decayed, still complex, small, big.. etc

3b87f8055930304000ae6a9891f36f73.png @Orneno @mozy could the tinnyyyy red spec be a delta forming? or not close enough?

43 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i dont think it was 3014, i remember that one pretty well. if you remember or find out which one, let me know! Super interested in that. 

3014 was at 21* N latitude…

7 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

A couple of days could be too late, its in a good position now. 

3014 will def come back, but we wont know in what state. plage, decayed, still complex, small, big.. etc

Have Faith, Be Positive… enjoy the show!

The latest on 3014 which was returning at 22ºN:

SWL has wiped it from its' returning regions, leaving only 3017, 12ºN for the present.

N.

2 hours ago, WildWill said:

Howdy Yak!

I think this is a re-emergence of AR13029.  The sun is setting here, I just came in from the telescope. Three hours ago, I looked at the sun and nothing. An,hour later it was there. I had to double check on SDO to be sure it was real and it’s been growing steadily since! Quite exciting for us!

Will & Alex

It is a new region :)

N.

Screenshot_2022-06-09-13-32-39-1.png

Edited by Newbie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SolarSoft are attributing the C1.39 flare to an area around 3029: S27º E00º

SWL has attributed it to plage area 3029.

..... and at last something is coming around the NE limb!

Screenshot_2022-06-09-16-30-56-1-1.jpg

Finally: CACTus has stopped spitting the dummy and is back online. 

EDIT: SWL has declared the new active area that sprang up, a new region. However it has given it the old number, 3029. Presumably this has come from NOAA.

Very strange.

Anyone shed some light on this?

Edited by Newbie
New Information

5 hours ago, Bry said:

Oops - WW - Ignore this!

2 hours ago, Yak said:

image.jpeg.19f874c95848844610aab6fc179491b5.jpeg

I'm no expert but that looks pretty bright
I have hope :)

Me too! 👍👍

I am so excited, I feel like I’m 8 and it’s Christmas Eve and I can’t sleep, just wanna sneak down and see what the morning will bring on the Sun - hoping I get a lot of freckles on the face!

Looking at the sun is just so awesome! There is nothing else in the visible universe that I’d rather watch (from here… 😏).

2 hours ago, Newbie said:

The latest on 3014 which was returning at 22ºN:

SWL has wiped it from its' returning regions, leaving only 3017, 12ºN for the present.

N.

It is a new region :)

N.

Screenshot_2022-06-09-13-32-39-1.png

You called that one! Maybe 3029 will reignite and we got some action moving in on the limb, both N & S of the equator! Imma thinkin’, we gonna have spots all over that face by the time Sunday rolls rolls around!

Check out the current (1:08 Texas Time: GMT-480) views on them

SDO viewer… especially at 094, 171 and 334 Angstroms… I’m just so excited!😋

Just from my (almost) daily observations over the last six weeks, ive noticed that on at least 3 occasions the sun got really quiet, a blank face. Each time, within a matter of days, it had lotsa spots! I think (hope[pray]) it’ll happen again! A pattern perhaps… I’m gonna start keeping a journal of my observations and more significant events that I don’t catch…

Late afternoon there, I suppose, sunrise in a few hours here - and I can “look under the tree”! I’m just so excited!

Have a great Evening!😏 

L & A

(& O’Riley too - Comfort Support Kit-Kat! 🐱)

4 hours ago, WildWill said:

Me too! 👍👍

I am so excited, I feel like I’m 8 and it’s Christmas Eve and I can’t sleep, just wanna sneak down and see what the morning will bring on the Sun - hoping I get a lot of freckles on the face!

Looking at the sun is just so awesome! There is nothing else in the visible universe that I’d rather watch (from here… 😏).

You called that one! Maybe 3029 will reignite and we got some action moving in on the limb, both N & S of the equator! Imma thinkin’, we gonna have spots all over that face by the time Sunday rolls rolls around!

Check out the current (1:08 Texas Time: GMT-480) views on them

SDO viewer… especially at 094, 171 and 334 Angstroms… I’m just so excited!😋

Just from my (almost) daily observations over the last six weeks, ive noticed that on at least 3 occasions the sun got really quiet, a blank face. Each time, within a matter of days, it had lotsa spots! I think (hope[pray]) it’ll happen again! A pattern perhaps… I’m gonna start keeping a journal of my observations and more significant events that I don’t catch…

Late afternoon there, I suppose, sunrise in a few hours here - and I can “look under the tree”! I’m just so excited!

Have a great Evening!😏 

L & A

(& O’Riley too - Comfort Support Kit-Kat! 🐱)

Comfort food: Jelly Snakes and Chocolate Licorice. 

Comfort cat: Harley.

Pesky, completely spoiled pooch: Cami.

Plus a bird, miniature pony and umpteen goldfish! 

I think you've got the Spaceweather bug!

I have been checking the recent views, that's when I noticed Lasco (CACTus) was back again.

By the way the new spot near old 3029 (which has now been re-instated) has a strange configuration: usually the negative part, yellow/red would be leading but this has been tipped so that negative part is sitting on top. Spots in a ring are not so common either.

Have a good day!

N.

Edited by Newbie
Update

We now start to see 2 spots on the North Limb. They look not that big and a lot of faculae if im not wrong though. do you think more to come?

jun8_2022_ahead.jpg

according to stereo this is yet to come. @3gMike do you perhaps know when this full portion will be in view for SDO ?

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

@3gMike do you perhaps know when this full portion will be in view for SDO ?

Probably 3 days before we see the tail end (that may be associated with the old AR3017, but seems to be at a higher latitude so could be a new spot). Then a few days later we will start to see FS-2022-039, which is interesting because it is covering a wide range of latitudes. It is centred on the Carrington longitude of what was AR3019, but that left the west limb as a plage. We will have to wait to see what appears.

Edited by 3gMike
Added info re AR3019
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

We now start to see 2 spots on the North Limb. They look not that big and a lot of faculae if im not wrong though. do you think more to come?

jun8_2022_ahead.jpg

according to stereo this is yet to come. @3gMike do you perhaps know when this full portion will be in view for SDO ?

That looks really bright!

• Like 2

It seems like a long-term flare based on the GOES X-Ray Flux chart, since it started at least an hour ago according to it. Either that, or the baseline is increasing due to the new sunspot. I don't really know since the entire spot isn't visible in the current HMI Magnetogram pictures.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bedreamon said:

It seems like a long-term flare based on the GOES X-Ray Flux chart, since it started at least an hour ago according to it. Either that, or the baseline is increasing due to the new sunspot. I don't really know since the entire spot isn't visible in the current HMI Magnetogram 

37 minutes ago, Orneno said:

Nice long-duration slow flare!

CDF4059A-791B-4BED-BF40-3671EF287441.jpeg

I wonder if a filament detachment caused the flare. Or if the flare caused a filament to erupt. It certainly looks like a filament was involved ! Correct me if im wrong 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

wonder if a filament detachment caused the flare. Or if the flare caused a filament to erupt. It certainly looks like a filament was involved ! Correct me if im wrong

I don't see any big filaments erupting in that region on the AIA 304 last 24 hrs vid.  I see the long c-flare, but not much ejecta.  Doesn't look like there's anything visible in LASCO, it does show the time just barely but something could show up, but I think it's unlikely