Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

The incoming limb looks interesting south and north! Loops and also enhanced background flux. Or is the flux rising due to 3053 + 3055 @mozy?

Probably a combination of everything since 3053 is still growing

Hey All Y’all! 

Y’all catching the areas of phage coming ‘round the bend on the east limb, ~+20 / -20* ?

I can already see a spot on the phage area on the limb at ~20* S.  (3056?), I suppose this might be 3028 returning?? 

W&M

TLF😋

Edited by WildWill

1 hour ago, WildWill said:

Hey All Y’all! 

Y’all catching the areas of phage coming ‘round the bend on the east limb, ~+20 / -20* ?

I can already see a spot on the phage area on the limb at ~20* S.  (3056?), I suppose this might be 2028 returning?? 

W&M

TLF😋

Northern hemisphere spot most likely old AR3038, which left West limb at +16deg (Carr53) - quite active

Southern hemisphere spot most likely old AR3035, which left West limb at -17deg (Carr73) - decaying

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there could be some new activity on the East limb.

1683018969_Newspot_jul19_2022.jpg.e537fa39b61cf0c9524d364975e70d58.jpg

It looks like it could be part of a zone that seems to have re-arranged over the last few days.

AR_MAP_2022_07.17_00_00_00.jpg.48c31502e50136a2b208d5544bd34595.jpg

It did not seem to be particularly strong farside, but it will be interesting to see what shows up in both north and south hemisphere over the next day or so.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Bedreamon said:

Looks like we got something that may spit out some decent flares. I know it's just a C4, but maybe it'll be more potent as it move around the Earth-facing side?

It looks interesting on HMI Magnetogram, and it may have potential for some activity. It is sitting in a magnetic zone that has grown a bit over the last rotation. I think there is a better chance from an area that should arrive on the SE limb in about 4 or 5 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy y'all!

at around 30* N, 89.5*, I see a "nice" sunspot,, it's right on the limb.

I can see what appears, at the moment, to be 2 other, much fainter, sunspot groups within that AR.  Of course, won't know fo sho fer a couple of days.  It looks like we could see a little activity from this AR! (Crosses fingers )

I wonder what level of Magnetic Complexity it will show as it comes onto view...

I'm waiting, on the edge of my seat!

The far side doesn't look very promising aside from the two ARs coming into view.. Like I tell Alex, mi pup, hath patience my pup! Good things come to those who wait!

TOYAIMYSM

IH

WnA

Hi Orneno,

I think it's too far out on the limb to really say anything about it's magnetic characteristics.  It looked like a large spot, very dark, lots of contrast. Larger than any of the other spots visible yesterday.

"nice" isn't very descriptive in the context. To iterate, I saw what appears to be a large, well defined spot - right on the NE limb at 35*

This is what I meant, the black behind the white. There are a couple more, but they didn't appear developed yesterday...

235F3E46-0DBA-459F-B40C-5778D39B14CB.jpeg.6c6f56aefb94da1aa4986ba9d0aba9c1.jpeg

And Presto,..  

CD8D24B5-8419-408A-A0F4-E7F538FBEB0C.jpeg.4b79bf7f8ae15974669f57281569cdfb.jpeg

the two smaller spots were visible yesterday, but did not appear developed.  It actually looked better on the limb, and it was "right on the limb, half on this side , half on the other.

At the moment, I can see 4 spots in the region, three of them were there yesterday.

WnA

Edited by WildWill
  • Thanks 2

In looking at this and others, mainly the Magnetograms, both colorized and black and white, As well as some of the white light images, like thisj, and I believe there is a faint spot in this little AR.  It showed itself better earlier today and yesterday. It looks pretty cool at 171A. You can see some  magnetic field lines and loops starting to come out of this region. lf ya zoom in to the area just in front of the arrow head, one spot should be visible, with a second spot at about 10 o'clock. 6E35BB9C-84F9-40C1-92E0-E5D3AC62B5AE.jpeg.051e8c978394dba2d3c87edf5b74b695.jpeg84367B09-A7D2-41E0-B3AF-79D9C3D7E665.jpeg.fc5275cd284be399140df83c04b1df76.jpeg

Here you can see the tiny little buggers! You might have to relax your eyes to see the second one here. It also seems like it's there one minute and gone the next, only to reappear again. You can see it better on the full sized images....  (both arrows are pointing to the same spot...

or perhaps it's wishful thinking on my part, but that's my story, and imma stickin' wit it.

WnA

Edited by WildWill
  • Thanks 1

Yo O!

A spots a spot...  that spot is probably bigger than North America and Africa combined! Well, at least the size of Greenland...   would you believe Tasmania?  (agent Maxwell Smart's voice). How about larger than Catalina?

And there were 2 spots, not just one 😉  

WnA

Edited by WildWill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, WildWill said:

Yo O!

A spots a spot...  that spot is probably bigger than North America and Africa combined! Well, at least the size of Greenland...   would you believe Tasmania?  (agent Maxwell Smart's voice). How about larger than Catalina?

And there were 2 spots, not just one 😉  

WnA

Jan Alvestad at Solen has a nice image of these spots on his website https://www.solen.info/solar/images/AR_CH_20220807_hres.png (marked as S7755)

I'm not convinced that they will develop much, but I am a little more hopeful for AR3076. It has formed in a zone where the fields of opposite polarity are in close contact, and the magnetic contour lines indicate a strong flux. I will be disappointed if it does not form a delta at some point, but at present it is only an alpha spot!!

There does not appear to be anything else of much interest on the farside right now

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

image.png.168f9450e6f221881bddf51548e61820.pngSeems to be a few dark spots on the far side within 30° from the equator. Some #farsidefun to come? Guess we will see… 

Based on latest map from WSO it looks like it has some potential

0a8a05fbcec28ac2e157d12484d0d411.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

potential for what? :D 

im still bad with those maps :) 

Potential for some activity, on the basis that the magnetic fields are relatively strong, with the peaks in close proximity. There is also a slightly weaker negative region wrapping around the positive area, so perhaps a greater chance of mixing.

Bear in mind that this portion of the map was last updated mid-August, so the situation may be different now.

image.thumb.jpeg.1b26cbc98cd1167c32ad136c09e51e35.jpegFULL Halo CME currently ongoing on from 3088 along with multiple backside individual CMEs within. Hopefully a good sign of what’s to come! Regions are still approaching the eastern limb, visible on STEREO-A. Nothing likely earth-directed here. 

Edited by Landon Moeller

22 hours ago, Landon Moeller said:

image.thumb.jpeg.1b26cbc98cd1167c32ad136c09e51e35.jpegFULL Halo CME currently ongoing on from 3088 along with multiple backside individual CMEs within. Hopefully a good sign of what’s to come! Regions are still approaching the eastern limb, visible on STEREO-A. Nothing likely earth-directed here. 

Do you think some CME's are from incoming regions? :) 

btw: 

ahead_euvi_195_latest.jpg

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Do you think some CME's are from incoming regions? :) 

btw: 

ahead_euvi_195_latest.jpg

Maybe. Although the main one was from 3088. And I was just looking at the STEREO-A EUVI 195 this morning. Exciting look there with several bright regions on the limb and transequatorial magnetic looping between two regions. Also that massive coronal hole (about 14 earths wide) will begin facing earth shortly and should bring minor storming later into Labor Day weekend!