Incoming Regions (de-commissioned)

MinYoongi

29 minutes ago, mozy said:

Was there a big blast on the farside a while ago? Looking at SUVI seems like the whole thing rippled/shook on 195 Angstroms

Edit: Seems like it indeed lol

ff9d5fa8ec930e997d79b3f8a4648057.png

Indeed indeed! Of course whatever it was waited until the far side to do that. I have suspicions that it came from AR 3088, but hard to to tell.image.thumb.jpeg.e5e4f0bcb797b9177c083fb313a1cf31.jpeg

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Was there a big blast on the farside a while ago? Looking at SUVI seems like the whole thing rippled/shook on 195 Angstroms

1 hour ago, Landon Moeller said:

Indeed indeed! Of course whatever it was waited until the far side to do that. I have suspicions that it came from AR 3088, but hard to to tell.image.thumb.jpeg.e5e4f0bcb797b9177c083fb313a1cf31.jpeg

isnt it too far west to be from 3088?  Is it a big CME? Because if it is from 3088, it was quiet for many days right?

1 hour ago, mozy said:

Is there a way to look at sdo movies and see what you mean with rippled/shook?

28 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

isnt it too far west to be from 3088?  Is it a big CME? Because if it is from 3088, it was quiet for many days right?

Is there a way to look at sdo movies and see what you mean with rippled/shook?

No, it almost appears to come directly off the center of the far side, which is exactly where 3088 is. And note how most of the halo is seen south of the north limb, further backing up the thought that it is 3088 since the region is south of the equator. And yes it’s a massive CME. Check out the data from ESA

9336094D-8E11-4411-927B-F3E35B1211D8.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

No, it almost appears to come directly off the center of the far side, which is exactly where 3088 is. And note how most of the halo is seen south of the north limb, further backing up the thought that it is 3088 since the region is south of the equator. And yes it’s a massive CME. Check out the data from ESA

9336094D-8E11-4411-927B-F3E35B1211D8.jpeg

i dont know how to interpret that data can you help me reading it?

15 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i dont know how to interpret that data can you help me reading it?

I’m pretty sure the graphs just show emitted particles, and the big spike indicated the CME. This ESA satellite is past the far side by Venus, so it picked it up. 

17 minutes ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

I might have not been active at that time, but what is so important or interesting or whatever about AR3088? Has it done big solar flares or something?

While 3088 has long quiet periods, it is occasionally putting out a large CME every few days. With it being so large and persistent, it is likely to rotate back into view in just a little over a week

12 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

I’m pretty sure the graphs just show emitted particles, and the big spike indicated the CME. This ESA satellite is past the far side by Venus, so it picked it up. 

While 3088 has long quiet periods, it is occasionally putting out a large CME every few days. With it being so large and persistent, it is likely to rotate back into view in just a little over a week

Do you think 11 or 12th?

Yeah that seems to be protons but idk how high that would be on goes charts

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Do you think 11 or 12th?

Yeah that seems to be protons but idk how high that would be on goes charts

I’m not sure either. But I would estimate at least base X level for sure. Also we will probably start seeing it right on the limb around the 12th, with more detailed intensitygram images following then 

Edited by Landon Moeller

21 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

I’m not sure either. But I would estimate at least base X level for sure. Also we will probably start seeing it right on the limb around the 12th, with more detailed intensitygram images following then 

Okay but if the person that posted this chart is saying it makes last week X1-X2 look tiny shouldnt it be much higher? I wish someone could find out how high in goes proton lvls that is to know if it wouldve been like a S2 or S3 or so

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Okay but if the person that posted this chart is saying it makes last week X1-X2 look tiny shouldnt it be much higher? I wish someone could find out how high in goes proton lvls that is to know if it wouldve been like a S2 or S3 or so

Was last week measured to be in the X1-X2 range? If so, then this one is definitely stronger than that. And yes, hopefully someone figures that out!

42 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

Was last week measured to be in the X1-X2 range? If so, then this one is definitely stronger than that. And yes, hopefully someone figures that out!

Yep, SolO Stix measured it. Why is it "definitely" stronger? Because of the big CME or the Protons? :) 

Yeah, that would be awesome! But i dont really know who to ask. @Vancanneyt Sander maybe? :) 

Wow, what an event again on the farside! I am so frustrated it happened again not towards us.
Does NASA has a secret defense-shield we don't know?

By the way, I am just kidding, while I expext a big bang from the just round the west corner
departed R13089 also.

The experts seem to have right, it will be a weak solar maximum - one without big earth
directed CMEs.

Of course, I am kidding anew...or not at all...or...

Regards, Chris

Edited by Chris, HB9DFG

12 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

Interesting! Thanks for the @. Surprised it wasn’t X class but still a massive CME!

Pretty long duration as well. maybe it did destabilize some filament too or something, we sadly cant know but its cool that we have stix/solO! 

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 5:58 PM, Orneno said:

Only from high latitude areas. If unsure what that is, look it up in the help section of the SpaceWeatherLive menu

Edit: there’s a G2 watch for Sunday, if it was correct and a G2 happened that could bring it down to upper mid latitudes 

Btw saw Auroras from Quebec both on Friday Night and Sunday Night! :)

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Landon Moeller said:

image.thumb.jpeg.8d4fb43e635b45766b5612e37c0d1178.jpeg

Anyone know what the source of this CME might be? It could be 3088 due to the fact that there are post flare loops now emerging from that region. At the same time, it seems to be a little north and perhaps a little further behind the limb? Good sign either way!

I won't be surprised if that was 3088. AR3088 is supposed to be on the limb in the next few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1