CMEs and geomagnetic storming ×

Heliobiology Research

David Silver
Go to solution Solved by David Silver,

Speaking of heliobiology, I recently found this pivotal information about melanin converting radiation or light energy into splitting water molecules much like photosynthesis to power a proton pump for extra cellular energy!

They say this is largely why we lost our hair as a trade off for this pigment that can make this extra energy for us.

Not to mention they fed rats mushrooms with melanin (Juda’s ear) and some without and then irradiated them with lethal amounts of radiation and only the rats who are mushrooms with melanin survived!

Our melanin has evolved to convert infrared light better than most other wavelengths, which is at sunrise and sunset. This is possibly why the human brain evolved as it did needing the extra energy to operate as it does today!

So many world shattering implications..!

The mystery of melanin explained:

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/PGLRRL

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, No pseudoscience said:

It is ironic how you think that your speech "is getting suppressed", yet you want to be able to block people who disagree with you from replying to forums that you started.  

that tells me that you only like "free speech " when only you have it. 

I didn't claim I was being "suppressed", ridiculed and dismissed maybe.  I don't believe my posts were deleted, just ridiculed for the purposes of presenting a certain narrative.

And I didn't say people didn't have a right to free speech.  I just thought that as a feature it would be nice if individual users were able to filter what they personally read.

I find useful information on the internet, but have an ad-blocker on everything I own, and a spam caller block feature on my phone to filter out junk.  Same idea.  People have the right to post whatever they like, and others should have a right to filter it out, per their own criteria, if they notice the source seems to be junk.

Now tell me you don't have a spam-blocker on your e-mail or an ad blocker on your browser.

1 minute ago, Compuw22c said:

I didn't claim I was being "suppressed", ridiculed and dismissed maybe.  I don't believe my posts were deleted, just ridiculed for the purposes of presenting a certain narrative.

And I didn't say people didn't have a right to free speech.  I just thought that as a feature it would be nice if individual users were able to filter what they personally read.

I find useful information on the internet, but have an ad-blocker on everything I own, and a spam caller block feature on my phone to filter out junk.  Same idea.  People have the right to post whatever they like, and others should have a right to filter it out, per their own criteria, if they notice the source seems to be junk.

Now tell me you don't have a spam-blocker on your e-mail or an ad blocker on your browser.

I ummm actually don't 

Also,  the wording confused me, but still, I don't like misinformation, but I'm going to tell you something that i usually keep a secret, i once fell for a conspiracy theory, but I eventually recovered, and that is why I try my best to point out misinformation, so that others don't make the same mistake I did. 

Edited by No pseudoscience
Avoiding clutter

4 hours ago, Bry said:

Speaking of heliobiology, I recently found this pivotal information about melanin converting radiation or light energy into splitting water molecules much like photosynthesis to power a proton pump for extra cellular energy!

They say this is largely why we lost our hair as a trade off for this pigment that can make this extra energy for us.

Not to mention they fed rats mushrooms with melanin (Juda’s ear) and some without and then irradiated them with lethal amounts of radiation and only the rats who are mushrooms with melanin survived!

Our melanin has evolved to convert infrared light better than most other wavelengths, which is at sunrise and sunset. This is possibly why the human brain evolved as it did needing the extra energy to operate as it does today!

So many world shattering implications..!

The mystery of melanin explained:

https://www.printfriendly.com/p/g/PGLRRL

Well some of the implications is for radiation shielding for astronauts in space.

Fungi found in Chernobyl feeds on radiation, could protect astronauts - CNET

Astronauts don't have an atmosphere or clouds or other such things to protect them from solar radiation. 

Astronauts also experience hallucinations from radiation interacting with their optical nerves. Here is the wiki explaining the hallucination phenomena: Phosphene - Wikipedia 

Again, its great that the clouds and atmosphere and such prevents radiation affecting us to such a degree. 

David, thank you for starting this topic.

I’m 60 years old and since my young years I suffer the narrowing of coronary vessels. Next I got atherosclerosis. I often had headaches, which became more and more often. As I work in metrology, I tried to log my health conditions and find what can cause it naturally. Soon I found that my body isn’t perfect while the atmospheric pressure is increasing above 1000 hPa. While the pressure is high and stable, I feel not bad, but the day with rising pressure cause the overall malaise, headaches, bad sleep. However it never lead to the mild pains in my heart which I feel sometimes. The most acute conditions manifested with the whole list of cardiologic issues, e.g. hypertension, high heart rate, cardiological pains, bad sleep, had been on dates of the CMEs, as I found later:

10/10/2018 G1 (as I know now that day I could get the heart attack)
8/6/2019 G1 (the day of my heart attack, hospitalization)
2/9/2019 G1 (I visited my cardiologist and she told me a lot of people feel bad that day)
29/5/2021 my colleague died due to the heart attack. Previously there were four days with the flares

There’re a long list of such days and all they are the days with the flares. Some my colleagues also feel bad at these days, objectively due to hypertension and heart rhythm disorder. Now I know that my problems could be coped by beta-blockers which suppress the adrenaline production as well medication to avoid the vasoconstriction.

Edited by Ingvar
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

The Earth is shielded by the clouds and atmosphere, but even more so by the invisible electromagnetic field that we all exist within. That protection is more variable than most people realize, modulated by many factors in a very complex system. The simple version is that when the Bz is "north" positive, we are largely shielded, and when it is "south" negative, we are less shielded. Different particles, or frequencies of energy, interact with the Earth (and our bodies) in different ways. Proton storms (like the one we are just now recovering from) energize the Earth system in an entirely different mechanism. You can try learning about the global electric circuit if you are interested in the science of how it works, but this is relatively new science with a long way to go.

Global Electric Circuit Solar Forcing

I experience subtle changes daily with frequent unpleasant health reactions. Refer back to page one to read my explanation of my personal hypersensitivity, but again, in general, most people don't experience heliobiological effects from space weather; most studies point to about 10% of the population. I am also affected by surface weather changes, like thunderstorms, probably due to barometric pressure changes. 

In general, blood pressure (and viscosity) and melatonin changes are implicated as the main mechanisms that cause these adverse health reactions in some people.

"...figuring out what exactly specific weather events do to the body is an imprecise science that's still developing, particularly when it comes to pain and emotional health, Grady Dixon, Ph.D., an associate professor in the department of geosciences at Mississippi State University, said in an interview with Weather.com. 

"When weather changes, it's not often just one variable that changes," he said. "Is a change in temperature that's affecting a person well-being? Or is it the change in wind or cloud cover? It's hard to figure out which change is affecting humans, and because we're largely relying on human perceptions, trying to quantify how these changes affect humans is another challenge." 

As climate change continues to impact human health, Dixon said he believes this study will become more important. Dixon studies climate, weather and emotional health and suicide and said that his discipline is moving closer to a space where scientists believe they will be able to predict some human behavior based on weather patterns.

Some things, however, we know are impacted by the weather — and why. One of the biggest? Blood pressure. As changing pressure systems change your blood pressure, a host of health consequences can follow, Jennifer Vanos, an assistant professor in the department of geosciences at Texas Tech"

Biometeorology

Edited by David Silver
  • Cool 1

6 hours ago, David Silver said:

I am also affected by surface weather changes, like thunderstorms, probably due to barometric pressure changes. 

Makes sense, but would this be part of heliobiology? I mean isn't all "weather" a little vague to be included in Solar/Sun activity? 

"When weather changes, it's not often just one variable that changes," he said. "Is a change in temperature that's affecting a person well-being? Or is it the change in wind or cloud cover? It's hard to figure out which change is affecting humans, and because we're largely relying on human perceptions, trying to quantify how these changes affect humans is another challenge." 

Makes sense too, also nice to see some humility for the boundary of knowledge. :) Wind and cloud cover seem like they are factors descending into more local weather systems instead of heliobiology. 

As climate change continues to impact human health, Dixon said he believes this study will become more important. Dixon studies climate, weather and emotional health and suicide and said that his discipline is moving closer to a space where scientists believe they will be able to predict some human behavior based on weather patterns.

Climate change is also seems outside of heliobiology since it involves complex systems like pollution from industry, urban development, deforestation etc., rather than Sun specific or even Sun associative. 

Some things, however, we know are impacted by the weather — and why. One of the biggest? Blood pressure. As changing pressure systems change your blood pressure, a host of health consequences can follow, Jennifer Vanos, an assistant professor in the department of geosciences at Texas Tech"

Again, this seems like weather regarding local weather systems rather than the Sun/heliobiology. 

If someone lives in a valley/mountain, or a location with specific weather due to terrain features, would that weather be included in heliobiology? 

I am also very sensitive to this frequency.  What you are saying is true.  I have a large implant that holds up the left side of my brain.  When these solar flares first started, they put me in the bed.  Severe vertigo, tachycardia. 

I was told in the beginning of this that those with heavy metals may not make it thru this solar event coming.  After what I have experienced, that may well be true.  My mother in law is in the hospital right now with afib. 

I am 50+.  If you are being severely harmed by these, there is a place in dallas called the environmental health center.  They will test you for metals.  I have to get neutralization shots for mine.  Its all out of pocket but I would not be alive right now if I had not gone there.  I have had to deal with the man made frequencies for around 7+ yrs now so I know it can become very serious. 

I was replying to @Ingvar's inquiry about Biometeorology. https://uwm.edu/biometeorology/what-is-biometeorology/ Please read it again to be less confused. Yes, that is a different, similar, and much more common subject not entirely-unrelated from heliobiology. I know many people affected by the weather. I know very few affected by solar weather.

Sorry @lilred for your experience. Aside from implants, people have more heavy metals in their system (and specifically the brain) than they realize. You will make it through this solar cycle and all others; you just need to take all the precautions and use all the interventions I'm sure you have learned about.

Climate change is not a topic we have not discussed here, and I was considering making a separate thread about it. But it IS related to heliobiology, because the Earth is more electrically charged due to climate change. This excess energy triggers more frequent stronger physical symptoms for a small percentage of us.

The lowest layer of Earth's atmosphere — the troposphere and tropopause — has been expanding upward at a rate of roughly 164 feet (50 meters) per decade due to climate change, and it is accelerating. Warm air expands. This in turn causes the Stratosphere to be colder, creating more polarization between the two, which allows more energy exchange.

But one of the consequences of a warming troposphere is a colder stratosphere,” which extends about 32 miles above Earth’s surface. By keeping more heat closer to the surface, that heat doesn’t escape and warm the stratosphere—and a colder stratosphere intensifies the solar cycle changes by increasing electrical conductivity in the upper atmosphere.

In fact, “since the 1950s there’s been a noticeable cooling of the stratosphere to go along with the warming of the troposphere,” Leamon says. That correlates with the beginning of seismic shifts in the U.S. standard of living, energy use, and other factors that have contributed to human-caused climate change. So, it’s fair to say that the Sun is a factor in the climate, but its role has intensified because of human activity, Leamon explains.

https://umbc.edu/stories/meet-the-terminator-umbc-led-research-connects-solar-cycle-with-climate-predictions-in-a-new-way/

Edited by David Silver
  • Cool 1

Life evolved with light so it almost always comes into play when talking about biology. There are exceptions to everything in biology too..

This might be why it is so hard to study or say anything for sure in academic papers. I see biology as a growing body of knowledge more than theories that stick as it relies on sensors used in other fields (chemistry and physics) at the end of the day.

The pandemic has shown us the limit to our knowledge is how much time and resources we are willing to spend looking for it. Much like space weather, we are limited to our sensors and to take real time data where I am personally would take a ton of money.

Apparently mostly what we needed to help our immune systems fight covid was more equity to sun access at sunrise and sunsets for melanin production, vit d from foods grown at these wavelengths, lead free plumbing/gasoline/paint, and housing stability! It took a different kind of study to link overcrowding to disease transmission even though that seems to be obvious.. 

What I’m saying is: biology is not well understood and deserves more study with respect to our sun.

I am very excited to have this topic being discussed on this forum and I have lots I want to share and ponder about!

I wish it was easier to access and compile all of the studies everyone linked on this topic throughout the 109 pages!

maybe start a new one? Heliobiology 2.0

I will do my best to try to find and organize all my sources and links.

there is so much to share, thank you for giving biology a place in this heliophysics forum!

• Like 1

as I said, my body is well aware of the effects of atmospheric pressure and space weather. They are different.
If we think about why the heart contracts, the original reason is the cells of the myocardium, the heart muscle, actually are a proton pump. The inner fluid of the cell has more K+ ions, and the outer more Na+. This creates an increasing in time electrical potential difference on opposite sides of the cell membrane, after which micropores in the cell membrane open, ions move through the membrane, and the potential drops. This is the primary driver that causes the heart to beat and can be registered by ECG. Deviation in this normal pump cycle in any way (permeation of the membrane due to cell death, or incorrect ratio of K+/Na+ ions) leads to heart rhythm disorders. Here it is easy to understand why some metals are poisonous, while others are harmless for humans/animals. This is due to the fact that heavy metal ions distort the potential difference on both sides of the cell membrane, until the complete stop of the proton pump of the myocardium. We can assume that the flow of protons passing through our heart also affects the permeability of the myocardial cell membrane. The solar wind also may be the source of this proton flow 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jupiter comes into perihelion on the 21/01/2023.  As we reach an early Solar Max, the radiation levels become higher, and as we age, we become more sensitive to UV rays.

That said.  A person I know at 63yo, decreases their cholesterol and triglyceride intake because it gets to high, so they become photosensitive.  It is age related too.   

Sun converts Cholesterol into vitamin D, and Omegas fatty acids  into prostaglandin's (PG). Which converts the solar energy into useful hormones.  Energy that is not converted into the right hormones and neurotransmitters in our skin will become harmful to skin, and not helpful.  

If you have decreased foods that contain cholesterol in your diet, you shall become light sensitive, and bones become brittle and weaker.

If you're taking an Omega supplement that is out of date or rancid, this will block the protective effects and you will get inflammation of the skin. 

The less light you see, the higher cholesterol may get, and the lower Vitamin D levels will become.  So the more light sensitive you may become.

image.jpeg.36c8d9cdfe7b18673410f5603bc206ff.jpeg

If you have a bad batch of fish oil, beware. Like farmed Salmon is apparently not healthy. 

Cannabis overuse can also interfere the metabolic pathways via GPR-55 and CBD will help.   

Bob Marley at 37 of melanoma of the brain.  Watch out.
image.png.f563bc4f34e070bc47302c03f4badca3.png
http:// https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22751111/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPR55#Ligands

Edited by LESLIE 317537
oxford comma, grammar, and spelling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dang it, this guy stole my study idea! 😤 https://www.sciencealert.com/we-can-hear-the-sound-of-aurora-even-when-it-can-t-be-seen/amp

@David Silver I have been hearing "the noise" for a few days now, still have not collected data on it but I did find a random noise meter lying around my office that I might ask if I can borrow for a few days to take some readings :D

• Cool 1

Well that's completely fascinating. Yesterday, extreme tinnitus (10 out of 10) and a classic geomagnetic-influenced migraine in my temple turned on like the flick of a switch when KP5 began. Seems to finally be winding down now, 10EST 5/28.

• Like 1

I heard it a few days ago for a little bit too, but when I checked the NOAA website I didnt see anything super notable so I thought maybe high wind speeds but then I noticed there was a quick but significant increase in density and wind speed for about 30 minutes, maybe a small CME traveling by, so still 100% for hearing noises when there's solar activity haha. I can still hear it now but it's also gotten a bit quieter the last hour or so. Though as I was typing this it picked back up again for me

Normally, my symptoms are stimulated by either KP0, or KP4 or higher. But this week is different and compelled me to learn about CIR, which has caused unusually bad tinnitus since the shock arrived.

(This also explains the weirdly fast and dense solar wind the past few days)

Corotating Interaction Regions
Solar particles can leave the Sun along the open magnetic field lines and at different speeds. Hence, the high speed stream from e.g. a coronal hole may interact with the slower moving normal solar wind ahead. Where the two meet, an interface results in a compressed space of increased density and magnetic field strength. This interface separates the slow from the fast solar wind. When the speed or density difference is big enough, the interface becomes a shock, sometimes already at the Sun-Earth distance. Then the speed continues its gradual increase towards the main speed of the coronal hole. As the stream interaction region passes, there's no obvious change in the direction of the magnetic field, which is usually oscillating during that period. As the stream interaction region has passed, the magnetic field assumes the direction of the field embedded in the high speed stream of the coronal hole, which may or may not be the same as that of the slow solar wind.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, David Silver said:

Normally, my symptoms are stimulated by either KP0, or KP4 or higher. But this week is different and compelled me to learn about CIR, which has caused unusually bad tinnitus since the shock arrived.

(This also explains the weirdly fast and dense solar wind the past few days)

There are literally hundreds of causes of tinnitus, don't you think correlating them to CIR (something you just learned about) to be a little presumptive? 

I'm not doubting that happened at the same time, but how would you falsify or verify your guess? 

Yes, it could be the cause, but you are just guessing, so saying it is the cause seems like jumping to conclusions to me. 

I posted these details earlier in this thread, but for the convenience of anyone (else) reading, I repeat: I have had tinnitus for 50 years. It is largely a subjective experience, and I can answer any questions you might have about it. Tinnitus is mainly caused by ear damage, or adrenaline/stress/trauma, or reaction to various ototoxic medications. I have all of the above as my pre-existing state. My first memory is tinnitus. Some tinnitus is constant every day. Some forms of tinnitus change daily are modulated by everything: food, water, sleep, stress, caffeine, vitamins, etc. I have tinnitus nearly every day since childhood. To manage it I avoid stress, practice tai chi, meditate, eat a precise diet, sleep by 10pm, and have an unusually steady daily routine.

When you experience 10 out of 10 tinnitus, you want to learn whatever you can to avoid ever having it again. I cannot begin to explain to you how bad it can be.

Knowing all of this as a baseline, in addition, I have a dysregulation condition, in which the part of my brain that's supposed to regulate stressors/emotion is inhibited. This is also the part of the brain that regulates ringing:

I have seen a dozen different doctors, specialists, otoneurologists, etc including leading researchers in Boston, MA plus weekly therapy, etc.

For whatever nebulous and complex reason, coinciding with the start of Cycle 25, my hypersensitivity reached a new high. Stressors that used to pass quickly do not. Things that never bothered me do now. My ringing and concurrent other physical symptoms are modulated on a daily basis by changes in the weather, and the solar weather. This condition is known to affect about 10% of humanity. As a result, I began learning about the resurgence of heliobiology research. Im here to tell you it is real, and Im trying to discuss it with people interested in the science of how/why this works. It is reasonable to assume that the energy affecting me is affecting everyone, only my weird condition allows me to feel and hear it.

If you're scared or skeptical about energy, because it is invisible, or because you haven't researched it deeply, I don't know what to tell you; 500-600 kilometer per second solar wind is like a firehose of energy blasting us from the sun, and when it connects to/penetrates the Earth's field, some particles makes it down to the ground and to all living things. 

I became suspicious of changes in my ringing, having no reason for strong changes I was experiencing that I could think of. I spent a year charting my ringing and the solar weather and saw correlation, but was cautious about not confirming my bias. I did not read solar charts in advance. "Hey there's that sizzling sound again, I bet its KP0"...yes, KP 0. "Ouch, sharp migraine in my right temple, feels like my head is being squeezed, feels like a solar storm"...yes, G1 storm. Dozens of these experiences, and various others, have led me to understand this fairly well.

After a year of detailed observation, I landed on causation. When I say my tinnitus is louder, I also know my stress hormone count is higher, my immune system is suppressed, and all kinds of other results. I just normally try to stay private and be more brief, but I hope typing all of this can help this thread move on to the modern science about this increasingly-known topic.

I have noticed a few times I had a sudden experience of "solar symptoms" which have a specific feeling, at a time there was NOT a known CME, or KP0 causing cosmic ray shower, or strong solar wind. This happened a few days ago, which promoted me to learn about CIR, which essentially is like solar wind on steroids, which the Sun's magnetic field connecting directly to the Earth and funneling electrons in like mad. 

What is far more interesting than the solar weather stimulating my tinnitus are the questions of what else is this incoming energy affecting? How much enters through the global electric circuit, when, why and how? How does this bioelectromagnetic mechanism work? Is it increasing as the Earth's magnetic field fades? Will it affect more people over time?

electrons above threshold.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David Silver said:

For whatever nebulous and complex reason, coinciding with the start of Cycle 25, my hypersensitivity reached a new high. 

I don't doubt you. 

Im here to tell you it is real, and Im trying to discuss it with people interested in the science of how/why this works. It is reasonable to assume that the energy affecting me is affecting everyone, only my weird condition allows me to feel and hear it. 

I don't doubt you, and I understand why you think it's reasonable to assume it's from solar activity. 

If you're scared or skeptical about energy, because it is invisible, or because you haven't researched it deeply, I don't know what to tell you; 500-600 kilometer per second solar wind is like a firehose of energy blasting us from the sun, and when it connects to/penetrates the Earth's field, some particles makes it down to the ground and to all living things. 

I understand your analogy. 

I became suspicious of changes in my ringing, having no reason for strong changes I was experiencing that I could think of. I spent a year charting my ringing and the solar weather and saw correlation, but was cautious about not confirming my bias. I did not read solar charts in advance. "Hey there's that sizzling sound again, I bet its KP0"...yes, KP 0. "Ouch, sharp migraine in my right temple, feels like my head is being squeezed, feels like a solar storm"...yes, G1 storm. Dozens of these experiences, and various others, have led me to understand this fairly well.

I understand the monitoring you have done of your experiences. 

After a year of detailed observation, I landed on causation.

You came to the conclusion about your experiences, I get that, no misunderstanding. 

When I say my tinnitus is louder, I also know my stress hormone count is higher, my immune system is suppressed, and all kinds of other results. I just normally try to stay private and be more brief, but I hope typing all of this can help this thread move on to the modern science about this increasingly-known topic.

Why do you think it's not accepted as modern science? 

I have noticed a few times I had a sudden experience of "solar symptoms" which have a specific feeling, at a time there was NOT a known CME, or KP0 causing cosmic ray shower, or strong solar wind. This happened a few days ago, which promoted me to learn about CIR, which essentially is like solar wind on steroids, which the Sun's magnetic field connecting directly to the Earth and funneling electrons in like mad. 

I understand your steroid analogy, and your association with your experience. Since the cause is similar to solar wind, you assumed the cause to the source of your experience. 

My observation was that you are selecting (presuming) causes in the face the unknown, since you can't falsify it or verify it.

How would you verify that CIT is in fact the cause and not some other local cause or attribute of another system? I see your conclusions, but am wondering how you verify them other than pattern correlation? Again, I want to express that I don't doubt what you experience, but how you arrived at the conclusions of the causes. 

My guess is that verifying or falsifying your conclusions is probably why heilobiology is not taken as modern science. We might not have the methods of testing or a large enough sample size, since your condition is rare or at least uncommon. 

What is far more interesting than the solar weather stimulating my tinnitus are the questions of what else is this incoming energy affecting? How much enters through the global electric circuit, when, why and how? How does this bioelectromagnetic mechanism work? Is it increasing as the Earth's magnetic field fades? Will it affect more people over time?

There are about 3.8 million exajoules of solar energy incoming every year, we live in an ocean of this energy, it's our water and we are fish. Yet possibility and the Unkown doesn't mean guesswork is true, we can marvel and speculate about our physical conditions or experiences, but we need a method to test what those effects are. (or least a method to know when we are incorrect.)

I like your more open-ended questions about changes in the magnetosphere, since changes would give us a different information. 

Weather and climate change seem like they would affect the global electric circuit, perhaps increasing total power in the system? 

The bioelectric mechanism has lots of complex factors including insulation of current, topography of cells, wattage etc. As for tinnitus (as a condition, not yours specifically), there are probably many neurological studies which intersect with these ideas I'm sure, but to what extent I don't know. 

Edited by Archmonoth

I am not "assuming." I am surmising. I am arriving at a well-considered hypothesis which is in line with published data on the subject.

Im not a scientist. I don't need a method to test this or solve this puzzle. Im merely an enthusiast fascinated by solar weather. I read scientific reports and post some of them here for discussion.

When I say

help this thread move on to the modern science about this increasingly-known topic.

I am saying that since I have now exhaustively explained my personal experience, my objective inquiry, and my situation as one of the 10% of humans affected by solar weather, this thread can now focus on its initial intention which is to learn about heliobiology from the various new reports coming out on the topic and discuss those reports. Rather than discuss me personally. Or repeatedly explain to you that heliobiology exists. It exists. Im experiencing these effects. Move on.

• Thanks 1

I am not "assuming." I am surmising. I am arriving at a well-considered hypothesis which is in line with published data on the subject.

Hypothesis are tested, I'm just asking how you would test or know. You offer many explanations, but no testable ways, even hypothetically. Without testing or some method of knowing if you "surmising" is correct, it's still just guesswork, even if the guess seems reasonable to you because it is "in line" with publish data. 

Rather than discuss me personally. Or repeatedly explain to you that heliobiology exists. It exists. Im experiencing these effects. Move on.

To me you are making conclusions about your experiences, and I'm asking how you would know; how would you know CIR is causing your 10/10 tinnitus? 

Someone offered an explanation of CIR, and you were like "yup that's causing my tinnitus" and I was asking why you think that. From your previous post I understand how/why you think CIR is related to your tinnitus, and that you have no method other than it is similar to other conditions. You are surmising a hypothesis, and perhaps emerging science will offer more corroboration to your hypothesis. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2022 at 8:27 PM, Solarflaretracker200 said:

This thread in my opinion is bs 

Right on! Tell it like it is! You go girl!!

It is a bit amusing though - I’m just waiting foe Climate Change and Astrology to be discussed more directly… Somehow, I don’t expect psychosomatic symptoms/effects to enter the picture. At least not from Mr. Silver.

Perhaps it’s an electromagnetic effect from mag fields bouncing off of Ceres and Pallas back towards the sun, causing sunspots and then bouncing off the sun and then striking the earth’s weakened magnetic field when the moon is new and a retrograde Mercury is in Sagittarius… That’s my story and I  sticking with it… 

I do dislike the cursing and swearing - anyone have any soap handy?

I also think it’s a waste of Archmonoth’s (seemingly fairly) analytical mind when he could be researching and writing about the barycenter of the solar system when Jupiter is in Sagittarius!

I too made myself a promise - like yours, time to go! (My tummy hurts from laughing - or could it be geomagnetic effects from our little sunspot group???

I hope you are having a good day - that goes for all y’all too!

WW & ATG

The present study has established the existence of a human magnetic sense to the GMF and for the first time suggested a magnetic field resonance mechanism as the underlying magnetoreception principle. Consistent with findings for some species of birds35,39, changes in orientation rates using magnetic fields oscillating at the Larmor frequency, demonstrate that a magnetic field resonance mechanism mediates the human magnetic sense. The effect of an external linearly polarized oscillating magnetic field at the Larmor frequency is known to depend on the angle between the field axis and the ambient GMF21,35,43; therefore not only the absence of an effect in the parallel arrangement (0°), but also the enhanced correct orientation rate in the 74° condition provides strong evidence for a probable involvement of radical pair mechanism in humans. 

Nature.com May 30, 2022

• Cool 1

I think David, much like Patrick is asking for some genuine help with understanding space weather phenomena in a forum setting which takes a village to understand because there are so many parts.

You ask how tinnitus is related to space weather? Melanin. The inner ear cochlea is composed of melanin and thus can store heavy metals and pharmaceuticals. I have been collecting quite a few articles to share about this topic to help out and understand myself. I have found a dramatic improvement in my general health and tissue repair focusing eating pigmented foods, getting sunrise/sunset light, and moving around outside more in general.

I will post what I have found shortly. Too much good stuff to hold back anymore!

• Like 1