Heliobiology Research

David Silver
Go to solution Solved by David Silver,

3 hours ago, David Silver said:

Saying “none of the solar wind reaches us” means you haven’t been paying attention or trying to learn something new. Really disappointing. You’re not a serious person or participant in this thread.  Actual discussion is far more interesting than trolling. Wikipedia is a troll circus where the most skeptical bully editing in his Moms basement wins. It is not a credible source of current information.

I disagree that the wind reaches us, there are multiple systems, including the magnetosphere which prevents the wind from reaching us on the surface. Solar wind as an idea wasn't accepted until the 1950s, because we are so insulated from it. Lorentz forces deflect the solar winds, for example. 

Structure_of_the_magnetosphere_LanguageSwitch_svg.png.173e6009056bda500b11dfd023855075.png

Unless you live in the polar cusp, the wind is deflected. 

Wikipedia is a reference point of multiple sources, hence why I linked the induvial sources separately. It's a great jumping off point and I agree it's not fact, but it does overview topics for conversation very well. You can see what ideas intersect, how things are seen over a period of time, all sorts of perceptions outside a single study, and our interpretation of those studies. 

Again, why say that I'm trolling? Does this tactic work with others? 

3 hours ago, David Silver said:

Learn, then talk. 

I don't talk to anyone like this. Do you talk to other people in this manner?

Edited by Archmonoth

3 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

I disagree that the wind reaches us, there are multiple systems, including the magnetosphere which prevents the wind from reaching us on the surface. Solar wind as an idea wasn't accepted until the 1950s, because we are so insulated from it. Lorentz forces deflect the solar winds, for example. 

Structure_of_the_magnetosphere_LanguageSwitch_svg.png.173e6009056bda500b11dfd023855075.png

Unless you live in the polar cusp, the wind is deflected. 

Wikipedia is a reference point of multiple sources, hence why I linked the induvial sources separately. It's a great jumping off point and I agree it's not fact, but it does overview topics for conversation very well. You can see what ideas intersect, how things are seen over a period of time, all sorts of perceptions outside a single study, and our interpretation of those studies. 

Again, why say that I'm trolling? Does this tactic work with others? 

I don't talk to anyone like this. Do you talk to other people in this manner?

Is there not turbulence and impact created by the solar winds to earths magneto and ionosphere? From my current understanding, there is a ripple effect which then changes the pressure and density from these impacts which then change the surface tension in the spheres and shift particles and ionic bonds creating an instability and adjusted gross electromagnetic resonance within a specified region as a result of the impact. This does not include or account for tears within the spheres where non-terrestrial influences may be introduced directly.

ps. Wiki may not be scholarly articles for citations, however it is beneficial for pointers and research overall especially in science as it is constantly critiqued  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tia said:

Is there not turbulence and impact created by the solar winds to earths magneto and ionosphere?

This is the equivalent of saying the air inside your home is the same as wind, even with your windows closed and the air conditioner is on. 

The solar wind is deflected, it's not my opinion, it's how the magnetosphere and ionosphere work, I'm not making it up or interjecting anything new. There are high energy protons, light, UV etc. which come from the Sun, but that's not the solar wind. The solar wind is a specific phenomenon outside of our atmosphere and has measurable qualities. I wouldn't say the ocean currents exist where there is no current, even if the waves/water is shared, just like solar wind. 

I digress, solar winds can affect weather, but the solar wind isn't reaching us directly. 

17 hours ago, Tia said:

ps. Wiki may not be scholarly articles for citations, however it is beneficial for pointers and research overall especially in science as it is constantly critiqued  

I linked the direct studies and citations. As far as I can see, this thread is filled with speculation of articles. (Myself included)

We have different interpretations of correlative data, types of studies, all kinds of stuff. Our speculation doesn't make it fact, just like guessing on what causes the ringing in our ears, ear wax increases, trouble sleeping etc. 

I've asked for clarification on what you have expressed, and still don't know exactly what you mean on a couple of points, but no worries. 

Before we indulge this wasteful distraction further, we need clear definitions: “wind” in the context of Heliobiology refers to an influx of energy. No one is suggesting that the 300 kilometers per second firehose of energy “reaches” the ground as “300 k/hr wind”, before you try to die on those semantics.

It is a basic fact that the energy within this solar wind couples with the Earth’s magnetic field and enters the system via electrical conductivity aka the global electric circuit. This is not Qanon, my thread has zero tolerance for “alternate facts”. I don’t read your posts. I speak harshly to our resident troll to encourage you to stop ruining my conversation with people who DO like the topic of Heliobiology, and who also understand that we are NOT “shielded” as you fearfully repeat. Please be factually correct, and / or mention when you realize you have misspoken / misunderstood. Or just leave this topic that you disrespect so much, and let us have our stupid speculative conversation without your fun-crushing policing.

Serious readers interested in space weather beyond aurora hunting should keep up with the work of Scott McIntosh and team (Deputy Director of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) and the former Director of the High Altitude Observatory (HAO).) 

Here you can read about how energy from solar wind enters the Earth’s system now more than ever. 

Climate change is caused by humans burning coal, oil, and other carbon emissions. However: “When we talk about global warming, he says, “we’re only talking about the troposphere—the bottom few miles of the atmosphere where we live. But one of the consequences of a warming troposphere is a colder stratosphere,” which extends about 32 miles above Earth’s surface. By keeping more heat closer to the surface, that heat doesn’t escape and warm the stratosphere—and a colder stratosphere intensifies the solar cycle changes by increasing electrical conductivity in the upper atmosphere.

In fact, “since the 1950s there’s been a noticeable cooling of the stratosphere to go along with the warming of the troposphere,” Leamon says. That correlates with the beginning of seismic shifts in the U.S. standard of living, energy use, and other factors that have contributed to human-caused climate change.”

…If further research can establish that changes on the Sun are truly causing variability in the oceans, then we may be able to improve our ability to predict El Niño and La Niña events,” Leamon says. “That could help us understand how the Earth system varies on the scale of a season to a decade, and how predictable those variations are—giving us a firmer grasp on the complex bridge between weather and climate.”

Solar cycle 25 and Earth weather

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Silver said:

Before we indulge this wasteful distraction further, we need clear definitions: “wind” in the context of Heliobiology refers to an influx of energy.

An influx of energy or effects on weather is not Solar Wind, which has a specific terminology, something I was trying to clarify with another poster. 

No one is suggesting that the 300 kilometers per second firehose of energy “reaches” the ground as “300 k/hr wind”, before you try to die on those semantics.

Then why argue when I say that the Solar Wind (a specific term) doesn't reach us? 

It is a basic fact that the energy within this solar wind couples with the Earth’s magnetic field and enters the system via electrical conductivity aka the global electric circuit.

Which I don't think anyone has argued. 

This is not Qanon, my thread has zero tolerance for “alternate facts”.

What are you referring to? Qi energy? Lunar effects?

I don’t read your posts.

Which is obviously not true. 

I speak harshly to our resident troll to encourage you to stop ruining my conversation with people who DO like the topic of Heliobiology, and who also understand that we are NOT “shielded” as you fearfully repeat.

Your conversation? They were replying to me. 

Many times people come to threads with observations and ideas, without understanding the degree for which the atmosphere and the magnetosphere insulate at us from cosmic rays. It's a common misunderstanding, and this occurs in other threads besides the heliobiology thread, it comes up all the time. It is usually meant to address other people's fears of solar flares and CMEs. There is nothing fearful about it, it's meant to expand understanding about the complex systems like the magnetosphere and such. 

Why would you call it fearful? 

Edited by Archmonoth

Moderators: please intervene.

I’m trying to keep the rare newcomers who also are seeking understanding of the unpleasant daily experience of heliosensitivity from being bullied and stressed by you as I have been. I’m here seeking understanding. You’ll note earlier in the thread I attempted more civil discussion and  ‘teachable moments’, as I expected resistance on this unpopular topic, but this negative repetition from Archmom is ruining the thread.

“I don’t believe the wind reaches Earth”: “ no one said that.”

The result of this thread interference is that I am forced to repeat now for the 10th time, fundamental science on how our Earth ‘‘em shield” changes daily based on the Bz. Not my opinion, merely data. Note also that I attempt to focus on posting facts and research, not my opinion and anecdotes.

When you understand this Southward Bz mechanism,rather than refute it, you can begin having a fact-based discussion about how and why Heliobiology, and many other solar affects on Earth, work. Repeat:

”If the Bz is southward (recorded as negative values in the red ACE data), then the IMF field lines are pointing in the opposite direction as Earth’s magnetic field lines. When this alignment occurs, it allows for the reconfiguration of Earth’s magnetic field lines by an energy transfer process called magnetic reconnection.

Southward Bz acts in such a way to “peel” the magnetic field lines from the Sun-side of Earth’s magnetosphere and layer them on the night-side, in the magnetosphere’s long tail .  A larger southward Bz value allows for a more effective energy transfer from the Sun’s magnetic field lines to the Earth’s and this creates a more vibrant aurora.”

http://blog.aurorasaurus.org/?p=178

Edited by David Silver

As mentioned before, I have significant dysregulation. I have structural brain deficiency in my ability to regulate stressors. I have asked repeatedly for posts containing new data on the topic of Heliobiology and am met with stressful vague opinions based in a decades-old materialistic worldview that has not attempted much understanding on the topic of the thread I have contributed. compassion, empathy, and some slight effort to be more factually accurate would be helpful.

Nice to meet you @Tia and @June Reed

Hey @June Reed I had not seen this great research about solar forcing, (which is the energy of the solar wind transfering to the ground), thanks. 
I have also read that this transfer at times can happen in seconds.

”One possible explanation for this link between solar variability and changes in the Earth’s weather is that changes in cloud microphysics are caused by variations in the current that flows downward from the ionosphere to land or ocean surface. Observations consistent with this involve changes in surface pressure in the polar regions associated with changes in the By component of the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF), or more precisely changes in the product of By with the solar wind speed, so called the Mansurov effect [Mansurov et al. 1974; Page 1989]. This product causes changes in the
polar ionospheric potential, causing changes in the ionosphere-earth current, which affects the production of space charge in layer clouds, with the charges being transferred to droplets and aerosol particles. Variations in the current affect the production of space charge in layer clouds, with the charges being transferred to droplets and aerosol particles. Thus, the changes in electric properties of the atmosphere influence weather and climate. The pressure changes, ∆P, are of amplitude a few hPa, and are opposite in the Arctic as compared with the Antarctic. An analysis for the new data set by Burns et al. [2007, 2008] was made with respect to the IMF By component, and demonstrated how the solar wind can modulate the currents in the global electric circuit in the ionosphere and how this modulation can cause changes in tropospheric dynamics, as Tinsley [2000] suggested. There are also many studies that the surface pressure field in high latitude regions shows a variation responding to the geomagnetic storm which may be caused by the variation in the IMF condition such as its intensity and flow speed [Manohar and Subramanian 2008; Bochn ́ıˇcek et al. 1999; Smirov & Kononovich 1996;
64 Mustel et al. 1977]

As mentioned before, I have significant dysregulation. I have structural brain deficiency in my ability to regulate stressors. I have asked repeatedly for posts containing new data on the topic of Heliobiology and am met with stressful vague opinions based in a decades-old materialistic worldview that has not attempted much understanding on the topic of the thread I have contributed. compassion, empathy, and some slight effort to be more factually accurate would be helpful.

Firs off not every conversation has to include you. 

Tia and I were discussing, clarifying and responding to each other about astronauts and what they see in space and if such a thing is experienced on Earth. They were asking/discussing with me about the ability to see solar Wind with one eye shut.

Do you really think they are seeing 300kph solar wind with a single eye closed? 

I posted established information on what solar wind is, and how it is deflected, and asked for more clarifying information from them. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

Firs off not every conversation has to include you. 

Tia and I were discussing, clarifying and responding to each other about astronauts and what they see in space and if such a thing is experienced on Earth. They were asking/discussing with me about the ability to see solar Wind with one eye shut.

Do you really think they are seeing 300kph solar wind with a single eye closed? 

I posted established information on what solar wind is, and how it is deflected, and asked for more clarifying information from them. 

What i meant by the visual component of shutting one eye is the internal/external optical effect which some are capable of experiencing and others not as much. So suggesting the exercise in an effort to learn more via the human receiver mechanism was the intention. 

• Like 1

Hello @Jeanclaudevantrans 

Astronauts are mostly dealing with (and "seeing") increased cosmic rays, which are actually particles, and which you can read more about earlier in the thread, including how they reach the ground proliferously (especially during solar minimum / KP zero).

"A second kind of space radiation travels even farther than solar energetic particles (SEPs). Galactic cosmic rays — particles from long-gone, exploded stars elsewhere in the Milky Way — constantly bombard the solar system at near-light speeds. If solar energetic particles are a sudden downpour, galactic cosmic rays are more like a steady drizzle. But a drizzle can be a nuisance too.

The solar system is at the center of two large purple bubbles representing the heliosphere. Golden streaks bounce throughout.
This animated image shows the solar system and the Sun’s magnetic bubble, called the heliosphere, that extends far beyond it. Bright streaks represent cosmic rays. During solar maximum, as the heliosphere strengthens, it blocks more cosmic rays.
Credits: NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center/Conceptual Image Lab

Cosmic rays tend to be more powerful than even the most energetic solar particles. The same spacecraft that would shield a crew from solar energetic particles would not be able to keep cosmic rays at bay, so cosmic rays are a serious concern, especially for long-duration missions like the journey to Mars, which will take six to 10 months each way. 

While SEPs are tricky to predict, galactic cosmic rays come at a steady rate. In one second, some 90 cosmic rays strike a pocket of space the size of a golf ball. (Meanwhile, during an SEP shower, there could be 1,000 more particles ripping through that golf-ball-sized space.) This rate helps determine radiation limits and mission durations — NASA’s leading strategy to limiting cosmic ray exposure. NASA tracks astronauts’ individual doses to ensure they don’t breach lifetime limits.

Cosmic rays are comprised of heavy elements like helium, oxygen or iron. The hefty particles knock apart atoms when they collide with something, whether an astronaut or the thick metal walls of a spacecraft. The impact sets off a shower of more particles called secondary radiation — adding to the health concern of cosmic rays.

Cosmic ray exposure is also related to the solar cycle. In the relative calm of solar minimum, cosmic rays easily infiltrate the Sun’s magnetic field. But during solar maximum, the Sun’s magnetic bubble strengthens with increased solar activity, turning away some of the galactic visitors who come knocking."

Astronaut's Eye NASA.gov

Random, kinda neat: 

Edited by David Silver
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, David Silver said:

Astronauts are mostly dealing with (and "seeing") increased cosmic rays, which are actually particles, and which you can read more about earlier in the thread, including how they reach the ground proliferously (especially during solar minimum / KP zero).

Why is "seeing" in quotes?

They see light that isn't there, it's a hallucination called phosphenes. Yes, cosmic rays exist, but that's not what astronauts are seeing. 

Phosphenes in low earth orbit: Survey responses from 59 astronauts | Request PDF (researchgate.net)

"One interesting observation from this is that it seems that a small fraction of the light flashes is caused by Cherenkov radiation, while the majority is probably caused by some kind of direct interaction with elements in the retina."

The phenomena the astronauts described were encountered when reaching space, and low orbits. Why do you think it wasn't encountered on the ground? 

Edited by Archmonoth

Phosphenes are flashes of light, seen by people on Earth and in orbit, with various causes. https://www.allaboutvision.com/symptoms/phosphenes/

Cherenkov radiation is caused by cosmic rays. And the remaining large fraction of phosphenes seen by astronauts is caused by "interaction (with particles) in the retina". Because the ISS is within the Earth's electromagnetic field, they are largely protected from SEPs, but not entirely, and they are not protected from cosmic rays, and neither are you.

This is 50 year old information: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/19720010081 

NASA.gov "Observations of cosmic ray induced phosphenes

Phosphene observations by astronauts on flights near and far from earth atmosphere are discussed. It was concluded that phosphenes could be observed by the naked eye. Further investigation is proposed to determine realistic human tolerance levels for extended missions and to evaluate the need to provide special spacecraft shielding."

"Soon after the Apollo ii mission, Fazio and Jelley suggested that the flashes observed might be due to Cherenkov radiation generated by primary cosmic-ray particles passing through the vitreous humor of the astronauts' eyes. Since the electric field of a charged particle cannot propagate faster than the speed of light in the vitreous humor, it emits a conical electromagnetic shock wave..."

The ISS orbits at about 230 miles above Earth. The magnetosphere is much larger extending about 6 to 10 times the size of Earth. The astronauts on the ISS, "in space" but still well within the Earth's em field, face far more dangerous radiation and particle bombardment than we do here on Earth. However, SEPs and "rays" do reach Earth, which was never up for debate, and definitely no one asked that question - and 10% of the population (myself included) feel the negative physical affects of this energy on a daily basis.

Weeks like this with G1 for three days in fact cause Heliosensitive people to be generally stressed, not sleep, have increases in various symptoms, have little patience or tolerance for fools, and basically feel not great.

This is very relevant Heliobiology as many more humans are about to be in space, via the Artemis program and increasing Starship flights.

Edited by David Silver
I like to be very detailed and factually accurate with various sources from scientists which is the intention of this thread.
  • Like 3

Phosphenes are flashes of light, seen by people on Earth and in orbit, with various causes. https://www.allaboutvision.com/symptoms/phosphenes/

Cherenkov radiation is caused by cosmic rays. And the remaining large fraction of phosphenes seen by astronauts is caused by "interaction (with particles) in the retina". Because the ISS is within the Earth's electromagnetic field, they are largely protected from SEPs, but not entirely, and they are not protected from cosmic rays, and neither are you.

This is 50 year old information: https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/19720010081 

NASA.gov "Observations of cosmic ray induced phosphenes

Phosphene observations by astronauts on flights near and far from earth atmosphere are discussed. It was concluded that phosphenes could be observed by the naked eye. Further investigation is proposed to determine realistic human tolerance levels for extended missions and to evaluate the need to provide special spacecraft shielding."

"Soon after the Apollo ii mission, Fazio and Jelley suggested that the flashes observed might be due to Cherenkov radiation generated by primary cosmic-ray particles passing through the vitreous humor of the astronauts' eyes. Since the electric field of a charged particle cannot propagate faster than the speed of light in the vitreous humor, it emits a conical electromagnetic shock wave..."

The ISS orbits at about 230 miles above Earth. The magnetosphere is much larger extending about 6 to 10 times the size of Earth. The astronauts on the ISS, "in space" but still well within the Earth's em field, face far more dangerous radiation and particle bombardment than we do here on Earth. However, SEPs and "rays" do reach Earth, which was never up for debate, and definitely no one asked that question - and 10% of the population (myself included) feel the negative physical affects of this energy on a daily basis.

Weeks like this with G1 for three days in fact cause Heliosensitive people to be generally stressed, not sleep, have increases in various symptoms, have little patience or tolerance for fools, and basically feel not great.

This is very relevant Heliobiology as many more humans are about to be in space, via the Artemis program and increasing Starship flights.

This is great! Do you by chance see visual snow and static? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, David Silver said:

I like to be very detailed and factually accurate with various sources from scientists which is the intention of this thread.

I agree and appreciate all that you share, I have learned so much from this topic being broached, articles shared, and questioned and then requestioned again. I do learn sometimes much more when something I think I might know gets questioned specifically... critically. And sometimes the critical questions are the only responses for awhile so they are hard to avoid answering.  There is so much more to share and learn, I only hope to ease tensions so that discussion can flow more easily in whatever forum or topic they need to be in. Too cool of a topic to let people get stressed from it, or deter them away. I hope this information can be used to ease and heal the potential pain, anxiety, or other symptoms from our suns activity or lack of, even if it can't be agreed upon yet or fully explained.

I think many people look to this general forum as an answer to their anxiety they feel when activity goes up, and this particular topic has done wonders to help me understand how to ease my pain when it flares up.

PHOSPHENES

This topic on phosphenes I have been wanting to contribute to for awhile due to an experience I've had but have awaited until I understood more.. I love how thorough of information is being shared right now on phosphenes.

I had an unforgettable experience "seeing" ball-lightning as a very young child during what was I think the 1989 geomagnetic storm or prior to the earthquake that year. The glowing orb came out of the vent and crackled and hissed, had a sharp smell and traveled horizontally across the carpet of my house before disappearing. I remember still smelling the metallic sharp smell of ozone the next couple of days and knew it wasn't just a dream as my family reported smelling it too but did not see what I saw.

I've read that ball lightning is a very rare form of lightning that is hard to study largely due to how differently people can see this phenomena.. Phosphenes seem to account for perhaps why they are not seen as ubiquitously as lightning.  It seems to me that ball lighting is probably associated with (inversely or not) with changes in geomagnetic activity of some sort much like sprites and jets and elves seen above supercells in large terrestrial thunderstorms.

Here are some cool articles I've been saving on the topic since its been brought up so many times.

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/ball-lightning-magn-induced-phosphenes.404900/

Here they say in 2010:

"Time varying and sufficiently strong magnetic fields induce electrical fields in the brain, specifically, in neurons of the visual cortex, which may invoke phosphenes."

https://openresearch.surrey.ac.uk/esploro/outputs/journalArticle/Ball-lightning---An-electromagnetic-hallucination/99510942202346

But in this article from earlier in 2008, they say ball lightning is NOT due to magnetophosphenes.. which makes me think its from a geomagnetic storm instead potentially:

"-with its experimental phosphene data, the authors conclude that EM fields of nearby lightning flashes, because of their spatial configuration and magnetic induction, are unlikely to produce magnetophosphenes. Phosphenes do not appear in lightning accident reports. Phenomenologically, EM phosphenes as elementary hallucinations do not correspond to BL."

https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6110241

45 minutes ago, Tia said:

This is great! Do you by chance see visual snow and static?

I think I know what you are talking about, I only see it when I spend time outside using my depth perception and then look up at the sky. I always thought it was water vapor or dust particles but now I'm not so sure.

23 hours ago, Archmonoth said:

The phenomena the astronauts described were encountered when reaching space, and low orbits. Why do you think it wasn't encountered on the ground? 

I'm bringing up my ball lightning experience one, because it seems to be a link between geomagnetic activity or cosmic radiation reaching the ground and our eyes through phosphenes. Especially since there seems to be a link between thunderstorm activity and our ionosphere. And two because it was the craziest thing I've ever experienced and I've always wondered what happened that day since I was too young to figure it out.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bry said:

>>

I think I know what you are talking about, I only see it when I spend time outside using my depth perception and then look up at the sky. I always thought it was water vapor or dust particles but now I'm not so sure.

Sometimes people see the lights flickering and changing form in the darkness and can see shapes and whatnot in the “static”  

No, I don’t see phosphenes. But like anyone I’ve seen spots and flashes now and then. I see light sometimes when I pray or meditate, have been doing so (a lot) since mid 1980s.

Wow, what a lucky ball lightning experience! I actually also saw ball lightning as a child in the afternoon one day, just before a thunderstorm. A friend and I saw it rise out of a field, hover a few seconds, and shoot straight up. Neat O.

I believe ball lightning is just another form of lightning, unrelated mostly to space weather or phosphenes. 
Ball lightning

Edited by David Silver
  • Like 2

I am not a scientist. Not even close. I am trying to teach myself what all the different solar activity is but can't say I have gotten far. What peaked my interest is that I seem to have very strong reactions in my nervous system when the sun is active such as solar storms, winds, flares, tsunamis (someone pointed this out to me because I was at a loss). My experiences are pretty close to debilitating. I will refrain from describing the symptoms until I see if others know of or experience this phenomenon.

• Like 2

Hi @ShanMarie Sorry you are also heliosensitive. Thats why this thread exists: to discuss and learn. Don't feel like you need to share your personal medical history or anecdotes; we are aiming to collect new research here to gradually understand the mechanism of heliobiology better, with objective outside sources.

This week/month has been rough. Sorry you're not feeling well. My issues began increasing mid-2020 when solar cycle 25 began ramping up, and are still increasing.

First, you are not alone. This is a known condition that affects 10% of the population (estimated); I would assume a lot more people are not reporting/discussing this with Doctors. Its not helpful to discuss with any Doctors I have met.

Second, I recommend you go back and read the thread, focusing on the links to scientific studies, and the quotes pulled from them. I try to post research, not opinions. But I delve into my personal experience and conjecture when prompted, and in order to start validating this topic, which I expected to be met with some raised eyebrows.

The short version is: if you have a preexisting condition causing hypersensitivity, whether dysregulation, any spectrum disorder, C-PTSD, or nervous system injury (or all of the above, me), you may become subject to negative affects from changes in the magnetic field, or even your local weather like electrical / barometric pressure changes.

We are in the very beginning of understanding ground-level Heliobiology or Magnetobiology; its totally fascinating.

Feel better.

• Like 1

Thank you so much. I was starting to feel like I was crazy as no one else I know has these reactions. I wouldn't wish them on any one but it is a relief to know I am not alone. I will go back and look through the threads and links. And yes I do have pre-existing nervous system conditions: MCAS, CF, Histamine Intolerance, EMF hyper sensitivity, mold toxicity, GAD and so on. At 1:40 AM PST this morning I was awakend with tachycardia, anxiety and excruciating tinnitus. 20 minutes later I get an alert that we are having a solar wind storm (I don't even know what that means) I just feel it in my body and brain. Once all these symptoms are triggered it takes medication to get my nervous system to stand down. I have tried everything else.