Heliobiology Research

David Silver
Go to solution Solved by David Silver,

1 hour ago, David Silver said:

Yes, it’s very strange. Last nights CME impact during increased solar wind was a trigger of 10 out of 10 tinnitus and migraine. But it was brief.

please note, I only post quotes from published scientific journals, not bloggers, opinions, random websites. 

Just don’t make up things up about solar wind lol. 

Edited by Solarflaretracker200

It was brief, but enough to affect me. Again, coming here only to debunk and attack is not the purpose of this thread. Please enjoy other threads on topics you have a genuine interest in. See attachment regarding the incident, enhanced solar wind plus small CME.

midnight11-26-21.jpg

Edited by David Silver

8 minuten geleden, David Silver zei:

It was brief, but enough to affect me. Again, coming here only to debunk and attack is not the purpose of this thread. Please enjoy other threads on topics you have a genuine interest in. See attachment regarding the incident, enhanced solar wind plus small CME.

midnight11-26-21.jpg

You need to learn that ENLIL is a model and not real-time measurements of the solar wind. The model predicted a possible CME impact but CME impact times can be off by several hours (+ and - 6 hours)

When looking at the real time solar wind data of the past 24 hours we haven’t had any noteworthy events and no CME impact signatures. Get your facts straight!

3 minuten geleden, Solarflaretracker200 zei:

And If we did have a CME I think (tell me if I am wrong) we would still have active geomagnetic conditions.  

That will depend on the conditions upon arrival and the direction of the IMF (if northward = no show).

back on-topic: solar wind speed has been low for +48 hours, density has been very low, IMF has been weak, no sudden impulse at a magnetometer station. So all has been quiet.

Hi Vancannyet, nice to meet you. I hope this forum isn't hostile. Please don't attempt to bully me away. Im here amongst science-minded people to have ONE thread on the planet about heliobiology. Its 2021. This is a known topic. Im here to learn things. We must always challenge our assumptions. Im aware that the prediction models are only that.

I did see on the chart no increase in speed or density. But all it takes is negative Bz sometimes for me, especially when its KP 0.

At 9pm EST on the USA East coast I experienced a sudden, significant increase in my baseline symptoms. I believe it is the Bz negative component of the minor geomagnetic activity last night, as seen in this real-time chart of last night's event, that affected me.

Despite my goal of only posting scientific data from reports, Im sharing my personal testimonial in the spirit of intelligent discourse. Why do you think the sudden plunge to Bz negative would cause this affect? 

charts.jpg

Edited by David Silver

20 hours ago, David Silver said:

Aggressively balking at someone’s suffering is really…something. 

No one is balking at suffering, but rather you holding your suffering up to validate pseudo-science. 

Just like with compuw22c, I don't agree with how you came to the conclusion something is solar related.

I disagree with the conclusion, the logical connection. I am only replying since you keep saying people are balking at your suffering, which isn't the case in any way, it's the conclusions about the causes of your suffering. I am sorry if you find this contentious or argumentative, but I don't like being told I am disregarding suffering when I am not. 

People aren't trolls just because they disagree with you.  

On 11/25/2021 at 7:05 PM, Compuw22c said:

You know another "symptom" I find suspicious?  The fact that in multiple venues of discussion there are aggressive attempts to either shut down the discussion, or ridicule anyone for even suggesting there might be a correlation.  I think that's a data point in itself.

I am sorry if you feel ridiculed, I have asked many times how you came to the conclusion something is solar related. If you explained your thought process, perhaps I could understand better. 

Until there is some explanation, I do not consider ear wax changes to be solar related. (In my personal opinion) 

18 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Listen here... You just can't believe everything on the internet and say something that's about science.

One of the signs of pseudo-science is the inability to be falsified, which has been the case in this thread, so far.

On 11/25/2021 at 11:22 PM, Christopher S. said:

In my mind, this is called "cosmochondria" - easy enough to infer the meaning from that to describe this social phenomenon. See psychiatrists or qualified medical professionals, again. Get a third party to agree to independently monitor both you and space weather conditions.

I agree, and I suggested both documentation and seeing a professional as a first response to compuw22c. Great word by the way "cosmochondria". 

Edited by Archmonoth

19 minuten geleden, David Silver zei:

Hi Vancannyet, nice to meet you. I hope this forum isn't hostile.

We aren’t hostile but the contents of the post was false because there was no CME impact and then you posted ENLIL model to claim it was CME. So we only corrected what you claimed with the basic facts. 

the only “thing” that happened past night where two small periods of southward oriented field that gave some Aurora at high latitude regions. Something that happens every day even in these quiet conditions. 

• Like 1

Archmonoth, the most obnoxious detractor: 1. are you here solely to state that you believe the field of heliobiology doesn't exist and is pseudoscience? Like, are you positing that your opinion is more valid than that area of science?

Or are you just saying that 2. MY biological experience is invalid, despite the fact that heliobiology is poorly-understood-but real? I need to understand which of these mountains you're climbing first. Is it #1 or #2?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, David Silver said:

Archmonoth, the most obnoxious detractor: 1. are you here solely to state that you believe the field of heliobiology doesn't exist and is pseudoscience? Like, are you positing that your opinion is more valid than that area of science?

Or are you just saying that 2. MY biological experience is invalid, despite the fact that heliobiology is poorly-understood-but real? I need to understand which of these mountains you're climbing first. Is it #1 or #2?

I'm not going to unravel your knots. I don't think your experiences are invalid, although I'm not exactly sure what you consider valid or invalid.

I was saying that I don't disregard your suffering, which is different than your conclusions. 

Edited by Archmonoth
  • Dislike 1

"Belief is the end of intelligence" Robert Anton Wilson.

@Archmonoth The question is simple, and I need you to answer it to continue a logical conversation. I currently have no idea what your position or goal is here:

Is Heliobiology pseudoscience, or is my experience pseudoscience? We are trying to be beholden to facts and reality here, correct? Which is it? I need to understand what you are trying to say since you are SO compelled to "participate".

2 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

why you think this or mostly how you even get to this conclusion

I wrote in earlier posts about the many doctors I have been seeing for years, (and am still seeing, including neurologists, concussion experts, etc). I have intimate knowledge of the difference between physical and mental symptoms. (Symptoms is a commonly-used term in mental and physical health issues covering a very broad range of things). I wrote about the objective daily charting of the solar weather and changes in my daily baseline symptoms. I mentioned I eat the same thing every day, take zero drugs, and monitor exact caffeine and sugar intake. I know what my baseline is more than most humans. I also shared detailed personal information about why I am hypersensitive and unable to regulate, and like the "canary in the coal mine", triggered by stressors most people can regulate without feeling at all. 

I had no interest in Heliobiology, but after years of seeking a pattern for the sudden shift in my symptoms, I objectively tracked a correlation with geomagnetic changes, and then learned to my surprise, hey, that's a thing: Heliobiology. I did not know that. Now Im eager to learn more. It seems this is the wrong place for learning about this, and I’m unwelcome. 

Edited by David Silver
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Solarflaretracker200 said:

Let me ask you a question...

Last night (Saturday 11/27 into 28) 9pm EST, ear ringing went from 7 to a 10. Mild headache. Restless, interrupted sleep all night. It was fairly mild compared to other incidents.

The prior night was actually worse: KP 0 plus negative Bz causes a stronger physical response.

(...of course, these are entirely subjective experiences, and these minor symptoms can be caused by many other factors. So, it should be understood that Im sharing this contentious and potentially embarrassing information with full knowledge of that, and with objective observation of the other factors, which have been ruled out prior to my coming here to discuss heliobiology.)

Anecdotes and testimonials will only be vague and disappointing in this context. This thread is meant to collect new data as it emerges from researchers.

DATA > opinions

Edited by David Silver

4 hours ago, David Silver said:

Last night (Saturday 11/27 into 28) 9pm EST, ear ringing went from 7 to a 10. Mild headache. Restless, interrupted sleep all night. It was fairly mild compared to other incidents.

The prior night was actually worse: KP 0 plus negative Bz causes a stronger physical response.

(...of course, these are entirely subjective experiences, and these minor symptoms can be caused by many other factors. So, it should be understood that Im sharing this contentious and potentially embarrassing information with full knowledge of that, and with objective observation of the other factors, which have been ruled out prior to my coming here to discuss heliobiology.)

Anecdotes and testimonials will only be vague and disappointing in this context. This thread is meant to collect new data as it emerges from researchers.

DATA > opinions

Not saying you didn't have the symptoms, but did the symptoms start just before the CME or just after. (If you don't know that's fine)

I’m not well today after a night of insomnia.
I don’t watch the solar weather and premeditate my affects. Usually I experience a change, and check to see if something is happening; these being KP0, negative Bz, electrons past the threshhold, enhanced solar wind or some combo thereof. These can affect me without even getting into GP1 or above. But last nights event was mild relatively. All I know is about 9pm EST I began to feel it. I haven’t followed up much w the charts since.

I was also up until about 4/5am central time last night. Maybe in the future I should post here at those hours so people don't assume I'm just piling on... I'm also not tired today yet (6:30 cst) after waking around 10am or so.

EDIT: Some more observations.  My house has an addition off the back of it (Living room) to the East of the rest of the house.  Because the house is brick, and the original brick wall was never removed, I seem to have "extra protection".

What I mean by that is, in the afternoon as the sun is off to the West, not only does being in that room feel better (behind the brick wall) but laying with my head closer TO that brick wall, as if to be in the "shade" provided by that brick wall, makes me feel better after say 2-3pm until the sun sets.  Once the sun sets, I feel better overall throughout the house.  In the morning, I feel worse in that room (it still has brick around it, but not the 'double insulation' that that 'extra' brick wall provides) and better at the other end of the house (which then has 'double brick' between myself and the sun).  Around noon with the sun overhead it seems to not matter.  Both the house and addition are brick.

Under "normal" conditions, it never seemed to matter.  I've been following the "T-Index" provided by the Australian bureau of meteorology, and it seems to track when I feel worse (links below).  Red (lower) seems worse, green-turqouise feels better.  I'm wondering if the recent problems are a result of a weakened magnetosphere, resulting in less protection from "something"?  It also seems that people born at very low T-index numbers feel the effects worse (from my admittedly very, very small sample size). Also, those numbers (monthly index/historical numbers) only go negative in 2008, and 2019 (plus a bit in 1954).  Also take note of the giant, consistent red-spot around Africa...

https://www.sws.bom.gov.au/HF_Systems/6/9 - Real-time data

https://www.sws.bom.gov.au/HF_Systems/6/4/1 -Historical numbers

Edited by Compuw22c
  • Confused 1