Heliobiology Research

David Silver
Go to solution Solved by David Silver,

2 hours ago, David Silver said:

Your nervous system is not a closed loop with insulated wires.

Neural network require closed loops. Generally your nerves are always ON, and chemicals are used to inhibit those impulses, Parkinson's is an example of this mechanism.

If hello biology, or whatever you call it is not coherent with science, I'm going to ask HOW does a neural network remains open or disrupted, since it is contrary to how medical science looks at neuro chemistry. 

I’m glad you believe in sunburns, but do you also believe in the cosmic rays that fly through your body on a daily basis?

To a degree, and yet when in space the difference is measurable. The Cosmic Ray phenomena doesn't exist on Earth because we are insulated to a degree from those kinds of radiation. The radiation isn't all or nothing. 

Do you believe your water-filled meatsack is electrically conductive, immersed within in and constantly affected by surrounding electromagnetic fields?

To a degree...

In fact, energy is the basis of our being.

What kind of energy? Energy isn't some blue mana power floating around. Energy in physics are reactions being conserved through invariant time. 

You have the luxury of clearly not thinking much about such things, because you don’t need to, unlike heliosensitive people.

Needing to explain your aliments doesn't mean the suggested causes are true. 

Your nervous system includes, and one might say in entirely based upon, your brain. Your brain is energized by metabolized energy from food and air(ions), but also is energized by your surroundings, radiation, em fields, rays, particles, esp the sun, moon, Earth. Lots of folks have a mechanistic view of the body, it’s ok if we don’t agree about bioenergy.

You seem quite perturbed that I don't agree.

Radiation, solar wind, or CMEs are buffered substantially  enough for astronauts to  notice this difference when they are in space, versus on the ground. 

Disruption of the complex bioelectric chemical process involving neurotransmitters melatonin, serotonin, dopamine, others is currently suspected to be a cause of the pain, insomnia, migraines, and other symptoms some of us experience, above baseline, during geomagnetic disturbance.

Those are chemical, and I do not disagreed with this. I am not clear exactly what you mean by bio-energy, calories? Sure! Auras? no. 

Based on MY experience, I have an assumption that an individual’s preexisting personal brain development and inability to regulate stressors is the cause for this hypersensitivity that you enjoy not having.

If you are suggesting Multiple sclerosis (the degradation of the Myelin) can add to sensitivity, I would consider that plausible. This could be measured by sensitivity to electrical fields, magnetic fields which are local, rather than extremely low frequencies which originate millions of kilometers away. 

That would make sense, but you seem intent on claiming I don't understand because I don't agree with the entirety of what you are suggesting. :)

“Cosmic rays entering the Earths atmosphere reach the biosphere and induce a variety of biological effects such as cell killing and mutation, chromosome aberration, carcinogenesis, blood pressure, heart beat rates, etc.“

To a degree

• Like 1

If hello biology, or whatever you call it

It is a scientific field of research called Heliobiology,  sometimes overlapping with magnetobiology, as in electromagnetic. Because the sun, Earth and your body are intimately connected in an electromagnetic exchange of energy.

You should read about these disciplines sometime, that’s what this thread is for. You show very little compassion.

”To a degree” is exactly right. Correct. Please go away.

The hypothesis that geomagnetic rhythms with periods of about 7 and 9 days have the most significant influence on physiological indicators of biological objects (including those of the population as a whole), as was stated earlier by the heliobiologists, is confirmed based on an automatic algorithm for extracting reliable spectral peaks of population and heliogeomagnetic time series and detecting similar peaks using the Sørensen measure.

Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics 2018

22 hours ago, David Silver said:

It is a scientific field of research called Heliobiology,  sometimes overlapping with magnetobiology, as in electromagnetic. Because the sun, Earth and your body are intimately connected in an electromagnetic exchange of energy. 

Yet you claim the Lunar effect is real, so I'm having a difficult time separating the woo-woo from the science. 

You should read about these disciplines sometime, that’s what this thread is for. You show very little compassion.

Many times I have explicitly said I don't deny symptoms, or disregard syndromes or conditions. I'm not telling you or anyone how they feel, I'm trying to understand the degree of the effects, and separate myth from reality, not bunch them into a ball of knots. 

”To a degree” is exactly right. Correct. Please go away.

The degrees of impact are not all equal. Imagine a spectrum, starting with the Lunar effect myth and ending with sunburns. 

Also, your request for me to "go away" makes me a bit defiant. Why would I do such a thing, when we are just beginning to separate the meat from the bone?

If understanding and delving/discussing helio biology is your intent, why not continue to explain to a partial unbeliever? 

Your most recent link  abstract doesn't define any degrees of impact, but does have some nice word salad. :)

"The result of the signal expansion over this basis is called the relaxation spectrum. It can be used to divide the time series into signal-to-noise or oscillation-trend if there are no adequate Fourier or stochastic models. The hypothesis that geomagnetic rhythms with periods of about 7 and 9 days have the most significant influence on physiological indicators of biological objects (including those of the population as a whole), as was stated earlier by the heliobiologists, is confirmed based on an automatic algorithm for extracting reliable spectral peaks of population and heliogeomagnetic time series and detecting similar peaks using the Sørensen measure."

Linking abstracts doesn't magically grant understanding to those reading it. 

From this, it seems they are suggesting a correlative frequency validates what some scientists suggest.  What population studies are they referencing? How many people are in the population study? The abstract raises many questions, perhaps you have more links for what the abstract is referring to? 

Edited by Archmonoth
  • Like 1

I agree. It raises a lot of questions. You should ask those questions to the scientists involved in the study of Heliobiology. I am just a person suffering. You have shed zero light on the meat of this topic. I did not sleep last night due to the full moon. No amount of your condescending bullying will change the reality of my experience. You just make me feel worse, which apparently is your goal.

Here’s more science 

Heliobiology, its development, successes and tasks

Heliobiology studies the influence of changes in solar activity on life. Considered are the influence of periodic solar activity on the development and growth of epidemics, mortality from various diseases, the functional activity of the nervous system, the development of psychic disturbances, the details of the development of microorganisms and many other phenomena in the living world. - Biology magazine 2011

Lunar cycle affects biological parameters

The Journal of Biological and Medical Rhythm Research

Volume 38, 2021 - Issue 6
Human physiological processes and behavior are subject to alterations caused by circadian rhythms, lunar cycles (LC), and seasonal changes (Zimecki 2006). Circadian (Haus and Smolensky 1999) and seasonal (Nelson and Demas 1996) rhythms are well described; but, how humans are affected by the LC is still to be explored. Lunar lighting has been revealed to influence the physiology and behavior of various animals, including primates (Takemura et al. 2004). However, the effects of lunar light on humans have not been very evident, because most people sleep indoors and the full moon (FM) may not always be visible, especially when the sky is cloudy (Röösli et al. 2006).

Few studies have highlighted the issue of the effects of LC on human physiology with conflicting results reported in literature (Reinberg et al. 2016). The controversies could be due to the confounding variables in various study protocols as well as a lack of a reliable connection between lunar periodicities and human physiology (Reinberg et al. 2016). Cajochen et al. (2013) reported that nocturnal sleep recorded around the FM was characterized by a reduction in total sleep time with slow-wave sleep, increase in sleep latency and rapid eye movement, as well as a decrease in evening melatonin (MLT) levels 0–4 days around the FM compared to other lunar phases. MLT is mainly secreted in the pineal gland and plays an important role in the regulation of circadian rhythms, contributing to the temporal organization of human behavior and physiology (Ouyang et al. 2018). The study of Cajochen et al. (2013), showing lunar influence on objective sleep parameters and MLT concentration in a light-controlled sleep laboratory, could be considered an authentic and unique study of the LC effect on human physiology.

It has been reported that FM is associated with sleep disturbance and a higher cortical reactivity in adults (Smith et al. 2014; Turányi et al. 2014). Additionally, it was highlighted that sleep was longer and physical activity levels were lower during the FM among children at different pubertal stages (Sjödin et al. 2015). Contrarily, another study (Cordi et al. 2014) revealed that the LC had no effect on sleep in a replicated protocol of the study of Cajochen et al. (2013) with a higher number of participants in three larger samples consisting of 470, 757, and 870 sleep recordings. Similarly, Haba-Rubio et al. (2015) did not find a significant difference between lunar phases with regard to subjective sleep quality.

The human body follows a circadian rhythm with the suprachiasmatic nucleus regulating the sleep-wake cycle and other bio-rhythms (Hammouda et al. 2011). Biological parameters have been shown to be time-of-day dependent with acrophases generally observed in the evening corresponding to the oral temperature acrophase in physically active men (Dergaa et al. 2020; Hammouda et al. 2011).

The reduction in total sleep time during the FM seems similar to an acute partial sleep deprivation. Sleep disruption could have negative impacts on biological parameters (Depner et al. 2014; Everson et al. 2012; Haack et al. 2004; Lekander et al. 2013; Romdhani et al. 2019; Scheer et al. 2009; Spiegel et al. 1999; Wright et al. 2006). Recently, Dergaa et al. (2019), in a light-controlled laboratory study, noted that sleep perception was poorer and short-term maximal performance was lower on the following day of the FM compared to NM, independent of time of the day of testing. 

3 hours ago, David Silver said:

I agree. It raises a lot of questions.

Then why come to conclusions?

3 hours ago, David Silver said:

I did not sleep last night due to the full moon.

How do you know this? I am not disputing your lack of ability to sleep, but how do you know its from the moon? The single most obvious sign of pseudo science is the inability to be proven incorrect.  

Thanks for the links! Ill look them over, since they all are from the same website. I am open to changing my mind, and will do my best to chew through the word salad. 

Here is why I consider the Lunar effect a myth:

Much ado about the full moon: A meta-analysis of lunar-lunacy research. - PsycNET (apa.org)

"Results of effect-size estimates show that phases of the moon accounted for no more than 1% of the variance in activities usually termed lunacy. Alleged relations between phases of the moon and behavior can be traced to inappropriate analyses, a failure to take other (e.g., weekly) cycles into account, and a willingness to accept any departure from chance as evidence of a lunar effect."

Here is an article reviewing this study, in a more digestible prose:

Lunacy and the Full Moon - Scientific American

Here is another one done in 2008: Human Responses to the Geophysical Daily, Annual and Lunar Cycles: Current Biology (cell.com)

"Whilst it is clear that some animals are clearly influenced by the moon and possess internal clocks that can predict the lunar cycle, and that human culture has been markedly affected by the phases of the moon, there is no convincing evidence that the moon can affect the biology of our own species. We stress that, unlike the seasonal rhythms of birth and death in humans discussed in the previous sections, the moon appears to have no effect upon our physiology"

• Like 1

Science always finds the truth…you are cherry picking old data to confirm your mechanistic bias.

Evidence that the lunar cycle influences human sleep

Here we show that subjective and objective measures of sleep vary according to lunar phase and thus may reflect circalunar rhythmicity in humans. To exclude confounders such as increased light at night or the potential bias in perception regarding a lunar influence on sleep, we retrospectively analyzed sleep structure, electroencephalographic activity during non-rapid-eye-movement (NREM) sleep, and secretion of the hormones melatonin and cortisol found under stringently controlled laboratory conditions in a cross-sectional setting. At no point during and after the study were volunteers or investigators aware of the a posteriori analysis relative to lunar phase. We found that around full moon, electroencephalogram (EEG) delta activity during NREM sleep, an indicator of deep sleep, decreased by 30%, time to fall asleep increased by 5 min, and EEG-assessed total sleep duration was reduced by 20 min. These changes were associated with a decrease in subjective sleep quality and diminished endogenous melatonin levels. This is the first reliable evidence that a lunar rhythm can modulate sleep structure in humans when measured under the highly controlled conditions of a circadian laboratory study protocol without time cues.

4 hours ago, David Silver said:

Science always finds the truth…you are cherry picking old data to confirm your mechanistic bias.

Am I? I found these on the Moon wiki article. Here: Moon - Wikipedia I'm not saying Wikipedia is law/fact, but its a good source to start from, and compare ideas to, since it has gone through some review process, especially the Wikipedia article for the Moon.  

I was explaining why I think something is a myth, and maybe the data is out of date. 

If you have solid evidence, please submit to Wikipedia and help them update the article on the Lunar Effect: Lunar effect - Wikipedia

Also here is the wiki article about the site for which you are posting from: Taylor & Francis - Wikipedia I urge you again to be more critical of what you are accepting as fact. Some of the sample sizes for these studies are pretty low, (less than 30). To me this raises red flags.

Most of the links in your copy pasta reference each other, and Taylor and Francis have been criticized for self-citation, as well as promoting corporate interests. 

Can you describe what a mechanistic bias is? 

Mechanistic perception? 

Mechanistic opinion? 

Edited by Archmonoth
  • Like 1

Thank you Christopher: as stated in the original post and several times since, this thread is not for skeptical trolling. I started this with a goal of finding other nerds interested in modern research of Heliobiology to share links to current data. My purpose in doing so is to understand a lifelong experience of being hypersensitive to these stressors, and hoping to find some relief, or at least a community of intelligent people who understand the topic and can sympathize. I have PMs with a few thanks to this forum.

I didnt expect Spaceweatherlive to be a place I would be so harassed for discussing this topic.

On 10/12/2021 at 6:49 PM, Cybertroner said:

Hi David! Thanks for sharing these articles with us!

I'm new here, just come regularly to check the space weather, because I'm heliosensitive too. I'm also a professional astronomer (work in Russia), but not in Solar Dynamics, so I'm a bit familiar with the topic.

I have OCD from my childhood and I almost always react to solar storms and activity with sudden intensifying of my symptoms. Knowing that it was caused by solar weather just helps me to cope with it and return to work. I noticed that link in 2009 when I was a student of the faculty of Physics and soon after I got to know NOAA SWPC site. Initially I noticed that sudden raise of Kp indices correlates with my causeless bursts of anxiety and sometimes even panic attacs. It may be just a rapid raise from Kp0 to Kp3. When I understood that Kp indices are averaged on time I looked to magnetometer data and noticed that sudden drop or raise causes my mental problems with 1-hour accuracy. Interesting that during long periods of solar activity the "threshold" of my sensitivity rises - I react to bigger events only. According to the recent studies OCD is related to serotonin metabolism (Serotonin transporter missense mutation associated with a complex neuropsychiatric phenotype | Molecular Psychiatry (nature.com)) The first article you mentioned also points out that solar activity affects serotonin/melatonin balance, so it's very likely there is some link.

@Cybertroner, I also have pre-existing childhood imbalance of serotonin, dopamine, melatonin, which likely is a main cause of this hypersensitivity. I also have a sort of gradient of reaction to solar weather, a threshold of when it becomes intrusive, and a couple specific events that are reliably incapacitating. Do you experience any moon sensitivity during/before/after full moon? 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23891110/

National Institute of Health

We found that around full moon, electroencephalogram (EEG) delta activity during NREM sleep, an indicator of deep sleep, decreased by 30%, time to fall asleep increased by 5 min, and EEG-assessed total sleep duration was reduced by 20 min. These changes were associated with a decrease in subjective sleep quality and diminished endogenous melatonin levels. This is the first reliable evidence that a lunar rhythm can modulate sleep structure in humans when measured under the highly controlled conditions of a circadian laboratory study protocol without time cues.”

Edited by David Silver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jesterface23Correct. It was 9 hours KP 0 at Fredericksburg 10/23 resulting in LOUD ringing.
Since yesterday evening 10/25, after a very quiet day of no tinnitus, I again am experiencing LOUD ringing continuously along with this bubbling solar surface flaring non-stop. Insane electrical storm in Northeast last night. Our wind forecast on East coast was also suddenly increased from 65 to estimated 85mph tonight. Energy in, energy out.

When the Bz is “North”, the ringing and other symptoms is reduced. Pretty interesting to observe, not much I can do. I don’t look good in tinfoil helmets.

Edited by David Silver
  • Thanks 1

New research from European Journal of Public Health  Published: 20 October 2021

Different studies have shown that solar and geomagnetic activities (GMAs) affect human health outcomes, especially cardiovascular systems being the most clearly impacted.

Aim:  To analyse the associations of geomagnetic storms (GSs) and other space weather events with morbidity from acute myocardial infarction (AMI) during the period 2000–2015.

2330 acute myocardial infarction cases (men and women n = 6942 and 5388, respectively) were registered. The study revealed that a higher risk of AMI and were related to the period of 3 days before GS—a day after GS, and a stronger effect was observed during the spring-autumn period. The strongest effect of high-speed solar wind (HSSW) was observed on the day of the event. We found significant associations between the risk of AMI and the occurrence of Solar flares (SFs) during GSs. We also found a statistically significant increase in rate ratios for all acute myocardial infarctions between the second and fourth days of the period of interplanetary coronal mass ejections (ICMEs).

• Thanks 1

Well, maybe that's all it's been. It's taken solid research and someone calmly-as-they-can-be attempting to make a case for their 'magneto-sensitivity', as it were, to convince me that there is a potential danger to organisms - particularly in the following sub-groups that I can think of off the top of my head:

• Those with any psychological conditions, who were irresponsibly informed of these matters
  • Those with pre-existing heart conditions
  • Those with epilepsy
  • Those who are inherently sensitive to electromagnetism(makes them nauseous, for example), pressure changes in the atmosphere, and humidity

The problem is, we're not doctors. You're not going to convince us, and we're not going to make a good argument against whatever you decide to tell us is wrong with you and why it is so. There is no reason to believe or disbelieve that you are actually experiencing problems, except when your problems are being used as supposed anecdotal evidence to push a narrative forward. Then, the credibility of what you're saying - in my humble opinion - can be justly questioned.

So, tinnitus? I get it from time to time. Wouldn't be surprised to know it's related to geomagnetism, but would also be equally unsurprised if it was just because my posture sitting down isn't great and blood isn't moving around where it ought to be. How can you know?

Really, you can't know - not yet. You're not an independent observer of yourself, sorry to say, and you have a conflict of interest being entirely forthcoming(both to us and to yourself). We don't have enough research to define what happens and why to whom; What sense does it then make to be jumping to conclusions - especially dead-end ones?? If you ask me, there is more self-defeating psychology here than there is geomagnetic manipulation of your physiology.

You get to blame the shield that protects us from deadly radiation after you try modern medicine and it fails. If you can't get the best modern medicine has to offer and/or can't solve your issue through it, that's not the planet's fault. That's your doctor's. Whatever distrust you have towards them is... warranted sometimes, yeah, but if you had one or two bad experiences, decided to never go to one again, and here you are years later grasping at straws to identify what is probably malnourishment, dehydration, and a lack of sleep(due to working yourself too hard)... then you need to swallow your pride and understand that you know very little about physiology compared to them.

That's my two cents. In summary, I believe the flares probably affect us disproportionately and in almost random ways due to uneven terrain, conductors, attenuators, etc. and in people with unstable cardiovascular health, latent electromagnetic energy may be all it takes to send them over the edge. Beyond that, anecdotes are just anecdotes, don't die on your own hill.

You're not going to convince us, and we're not going to make a good argument against whatever you decide to tell us is wrong with you and why it is so

This thread was created to collect Heliobiology research and discuss, within a community of genuine solar weather enthusiasts. I hoped it may eventually attract not only other sufferers, but medical professionals and scientists interesting in this area of research.
Data > opinions. 
Hello and thank you @SpaceWhiskey

Edited by David Silver
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SpaceWhiskey said:

You mention you are not doctors, but I am.

In that case, I am a doctor actually, I was just kidding. Don't you guys believe me?

1 hour ago, David Silver said:

This thread was created to collect Heliobiology research and discuss, within a community of genuine solar weather enthusiasts. I hoped it may eventually attract not only other sufferers, but medical professionals and scientists interesting in this area of research.

I am fully aware of why this thread is created and your purposes - that doesn't matter. This is still the internet, and there are still inherent problems regardless of the website you choose - one being that anyone can say anything with nothing to back it up 🤷‍♂️ 

Moreover, by filtering feedback to only people with your exact psychological approach to your illness, and people who don a specific label, you're severely limiting your pursuit. Also, it's a forum... this is where you come to share opinions using reality as the basis. You would benefit from receiving unbiased feedback and opinions, likely moreso than you're benefitting right now knowing there is a possible correlation between cardiovascular-related deaths and geomagnetic storms.

Unless, your intentions are even more grandeur than I had thought, and you want to spurn a research article from the discussions that would happen on this post. Okay, that's admirable, I can't hate on that. It's not going to happen with just anecdotes. Just anecdotes looks like people complaining and needing something external and impossibly grand to blame, which you can see in broad daylight today as that guy who blames the government for his obesity or that girl who blames society for objectifying her scant clothing choices or aliens for controlling their minds 

-

We all want to believe information that appears factual, logical, and opens doors to new research or solutions, but just anecdotes are not useful, because as I mentioned we are not independent self-observers. We apply our biases to our perception of self, and that distorts the logic that would complete the anecdote as a useful piece of information to be used elsewhere.

• Dislike 1

I’m intentionally not being too detailed with my personal experience and account of my symptoms, because this isn’t therapy, and it isn’t appropriate. Also, one person’s experience (anecdotes) isn’t much data to base a hypothesis on. I will reiterate, that in the original post I stated I’m here to begin this discussion on an obscure topic, knowing it will be met with skepticism; and asked anyone with mean intent, or just plain unaware of the science but strongly opinionated for some unknown reason, please take it elsewhere. I’m suffering and seeking help. Empathy. Intelligence in general.

KP 0 all day in my area + two M flares and an X puts me in rare form. Fortunately the Bz is largely North, and we’re somewhat shielded as a result. If it was negative, I’d be incapacitated.

again, short version: I’m the canary in the coal mine. Due to C-PTSD related hyperarousal, an anxiety condition, my senses are turned up to 10. This is a medical condition. I have seen doctors, a neurologist, ear specialists, acupuncture, herbalists, and many others. My MRI will be reviewed by a brain specialist soon. I eat the same food, monitor sugar and caffeine, and have an absurdly regimented daily routine. I’m an unusually objective person, careful to not confirm my bias, and spent a year charting my symptoms and the solar weather before discussing this embarrassing topic in public.

If you’re a nonbeliever, please go start an anti-Heliobiology thread and troll the scientists in that field. You can use so many laugh emojis, it will be awesome.  We are here not to hear your opinion, but to read recent scientific studies about magnetobiology; I’m the arrow-taking advocate due to the extremely lame experience I’m having due to my predisposition to being hypersensitive and unable to regulate stressors that don’t bother the average person.

If you’re heliosensitive, you’re not alone. Mkay thanks

Edited by David Silver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You won't get the best medical help you are looking for on a space weather website, maybe unless for some space weather related phobias. If you don't run your own research tests how do you know it is space weather activity causing it? Maybe it is.

I'll also say you aren't alone. Nothing blocks out my tinnitus 24/7 and on the rare occasion it spikes enough that I almost go deaf in the ear it is in. I went through 3 months of anxiety attacks that literally felt short of being heart attacks, and although not officially, it resulted in something along the lines of PTSD. Today I know how much anxiety medicine I needs to take at specific intervals to have a sort of normal day.

I wanted to chime in, again, not as a doctor, but as a potential data point.  Before January of this year I wasn't following space weather, but my background is in component-level electronics repair and design.  Because people bring me their electronics to repair, and because I understand the construction of things to a much deeper degree than others (replacing individual bad transistors on a macbook pro motherboard vs replacing the whole board kind of thing), I started to notice odd failures in large numbers I couldn't really explain.  I also had an electric toothbrush that literally would not stop turning itself on when left near a window, and this was after resoldering on a completely new battery, button, and running a separate wire over the PCB to rule out a bad trace.

The kicker was when my computer (Ryzen 3960X Threadripper, 4 memory channels) had a memory controller die (1 of the 4 channels) on about the same day that my dog and I had sudden food poisoning, for a period of about 20-30 minutes, and then we were both fine.  I don't get sick at all very often.  Before you ask, no I don't eat her dog food and she wasn't eating mine either.  As someone who historically has overclocked and really beaten the snot out of some of my previous computers and been surprised (my last machine was 10yr old and overclocked to hell and back) at how resilient they were.  But this one was completely stock, no stress whatsoever and had been running for about a year and a half likely ruling out hardware failure.  The memory controller on this chip is a 12nm manufacturing process which might be more susceptible to damage via induced voltage from very large EMI, or possibly proton radiation?  At least as compared to older architectures... Generally as size shrinks and voltage lowers more and more, things become more sensitive.  I believe this was around the same time as the problems with power in Texas.

Biology bit finally:  Aside from me noticing my insomnia and energy of both myself and my dog (not just me) as well as our appetites tend to move together (I know I know, she's my dog of course she follows my moods), I noticed other people seem to experience the same things.  I noticed that if I woke up at 3:30am and needed to go out and walk my dog, all of a sudden like 20 different houses in the neighborhood had their lights on.  I know it's out of place because I do sometimes need to take her out that early, but that's a bit different than like 20 people in a neighborhood having simultaneous insomnia.

I also met up with a friend from high school I haven't seen in a little while recently, and the day before we were supposed to meet, I had insomnia until about 5am that morning before sleeping a few hours before we met.  When I saw them, they mentioned that they were also up until 5am that morning, without me bringing it up.  They also brought up, on their own without me mentioning it, that they had tinnitus lately.  I've had that and somewhat excessive earwax.  The reason I wanted to see them is because somehow I knew that they would be experiencing the same thing, just based on looking back at history and how good/bad we each felt at different times in line with the solar cycle.  I do think these odd, seemlingly simultaneous symptoms of people who don't live together do seem a bit funny for someone who normally isn't into superstitions.  As far as the exact cause, I think I have some pretty good theories as to the why this happens, but if I'm right, I'm glad I have these symptoms to keep me somewhat alert.  I'm trying to watch and learn the effects space weather might have on me just on the off chance that something were to take out a lot of satellites and/or electronic sensors, maybe being able to detect what's coming by feel might be handy.

One other thing I should mention, the more I watch carefully not just space weather magnetometers and solar flare charts but even other people, my dog, I feel I almost begin to (bear with me here) almost predict what's coming next?  When I use that word I mean like the weather, it's a guess, we can guess a couple days ahead and not be too specific.  It's not wishful thinking on my fault and I've certainly been wrong but in general I feel like even looking back historically at things I did before being into space weather, it's almost as if the sun is singing a song and at some point, we kind of know what's coming next, even if we don't know that we know.  Ya know?

Thanks for reading to the end, happy to answer any questions but hope I can add a datapoint because I don't know of another place looking at this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1