CMEs and geomagnetic storming ×

AR3615

Wolf star
Go to solution Solved by Davbit,

4 minutes ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

I think there's another one I've lost count really.

With the background flux this high, all bets are off on the count, heh. If the flux zig-zags along the boundary between C and M you're going to get registrations of M-flares constantly. I wonder what the amateur radio enthusiasts think of this, as I'm guessing the immediate effects might be too much interference, but that it might be good for the ionosphere once things calm down a bit.

2 minutes ago, Aten said:

I wish it would chill with all these M flares for a bit and save up for a huge X flare.

Actually, you are very right - we now see all this activity with M flare barrage and so on, but there are no more nice CME's, at least I don't see anything after that X class event from AR 3614...

Just now, MeteoLatvia said:

Actually, you are very right - we now see all this activity with M flare barrage and so on, but there are no more nice CME's, at least I don't see anything after that X class event from AR 3614...

thats why i asked for magnetic caging

12 minutes ago, tniickck said:

i bet there will be a monstrous E layer tonight, right @hamateur 1953

Interesting @tniickck  I actually forgot about checking DX maps!!!  Thanks for reminding me dude!!   It is Saturday morning now and six metres is typically showing some activity however just eyeballing it seems greater.  Raining here or id mess with my antenna. Tnx again fer heads up. Mike

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

It will come! I'm an optimist.;)

12 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

Oh, please no - not another awesome region with nice flares but no CMEs... That would be such an embarrassment. 

Don't worry, it will launch a massive CME as soon as it's on the edge of the disk 😅

7 minutes ago, MatejGrek said:

Don't worry, it will launch a massive CME as soon as it's on the edge of the disk 😅

Nah, this time the "no CMEs at center disk" rule is suspended because we are at full moon.  We'll have an epic aurora but no dark sky to see it in.  That's why a big CME is finally possible now, even likely ;)

Edited by mark03
typo
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Hi everyone. I have been watching this forum for a while and have finally decided to join. 

It is really interesting to see this region constantly being in M levels. This time it seems to top at M2.8. I really hope for CME here, that could do G3+ event hehe. Here in Czechia we often see only some reds and pinks. Green is more rare.

• Like 2

My personal bet would be X10+ within 36 hours. It is getting even more complex and the background flux is stable over M almost at all times. I haven't seen this since 2017. From an upper C -  low M baseline it can easily shoot to X class multiple times in the hours ahead. Of course there's the chance it will get less complex or never reach X class but as of now I don't have any reason to believe it won't.

image.png.c2ab7a1282e51eaea7bc7c7c993bc3f2.png

• Like 3