AR3615

Wolf star
Go to solution Solved by Davbit,

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

What does R4 Capable mean?

It looks to me like it has the size and complexity that make it possible for it to give an X10 (R4) flare.

That doesn't mean it will, just that it maybe could

2 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

It seems like it might have the potential eventually, but maybe after a little more development

As in more deltas, more shear again or more area? Interesting topic! 

2 minutes ago, Sam Warfel said:

It looks to me like it has the size and complexity that make it possible for it to give an X10 (R4) flare.

That doesn't mean it will, just that it maybe could

Mh, hard to say. If you go a bit back in this thread you can look at screenshots throughout the day and my opinion is that it looked better earlier in the day. Yes it has grown since then and yes I focused too much on a specific delta earlier, but even the southern trailing delta/s are not pushed against each other again same like the middle one. It’s not decaying or anything but I don’t know if it’s still as complex as it was earlier. Ofc I could be wrong 

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

As in more deltas, more shear again or more area? Interesting topic! 

It sure has the deltas and complexity with all the flares going on now. An area with significant magnetic shear doesn't seem to have come up yet

Just now, Jesterface23 said:

It sure has the deltas and complexity with all the flares going on now. An area with significant magnetic shear doesn't seem to have come up yet

So it would need more shear again? Thank you for the explanation :) 

shear is a nice topic but a pain to learn about. I wish there was an easily accessible way for vectormaps or stuff to help visualize it in models or anything like that.

BTW : I think there is a region to the left that’s producing an M class flare right now like the one behind the limb. Always hard to wait a few mins to see which one is flaring 💀🥲😂

15 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

So it would need more shear again? Thank you for the explanation :) 

shear is a nice topic but a pain to learn about. I wish there was an easily accessible way for vectormaps or stuff to help visualize it in models or anything like that.

Going back to region 2673, the umbra grew in size rapidly, grew in strength, and both umbra of opposite polarities were pushing at each other. Even to understand the strength of the negative polarity umbra, it went from not existing to having a polarity strong enough to give issued pixels within 2 days.

image.thumb.jpeg.2afdc4da0f88dca4ce05d6ae1e0ac9d2.jpeg

The negative flux is zooming fast to the right separating from the positive, looking less complex for now, but I guess new flux will emerge eventually.

Edited by mozy
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

thats out of question :) no doubt

i just want to know if its getting better or slowly decaying because looking at the mid (strongest) delta it looked more pushed together and bigger a few hours ago to me.

Breathe in, the "rib cage" expands. And on a massive exhale...heh...CME.:huh:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

We have very good potential here as all this negative basically becomes trapped let's hope it remains that way for as long as possible leading to more deltas.

Screenshot_2024-03-24-10-21-32-583-edit_com.android.chrome (1).jpg

Agreed!  And as far as what @Sam Warfel said above as to an x-10 I was thinking the same thing when remembering 10486 from 2003. Don’t want to jinx it though!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

We have very good potential here as all this negative basically becomes trapped let's hope it remains that way for as long as possible leading to more deltas.

Screenshot_2024-03-24-10-21-32-583-edit_com.android.chrome (1).jpg

Your torso has more definition than this region, so far.

On that note, as a fellow Mediterranean-descendant, what does your meat consumption consist of? PM me if interested in talking about that. Currently wondering what proteins to include in my diet; primarily a chicken/beef eater, pork/seafood secondary.

I see we have a react troll as well; I feel I am well within my right to immediately spot and acknowledge that which does not belong in a even remotely scientific community, but yet I call light-hearted attention to it and it receives additional "hyping up" of whatever is to come as a result from who? What?

Anyways, I said to PM me if interested in talking about it and someone else reacted before you did, so I had to just elucidate the reality of putting a shirtless "buff" pic of yourself up on this aurora watching website.

Edited by Christopher Shriver
lmao
  • Confused 1

Here are 2 screenshots taken just a day apart.  The first from a few minutes ago, the second yesterday at 13:08 UTC +1.  To my untrained eyes, the region is looking pretty good 

Screenshot_20240324_102444_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg.3748af58350eaf8bdb786cb5363dd649.jpg

Screenshot_20240323_130812_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg.b85e36826d526e300eed7594fccace97.jpg

Edited by Ester89
Image format
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christopher Shriver said:

For some reason the first of the two will not load

I think it's solved now. I'm a little clumsy with this as you can see 😅

7 minutes ago, Ester89 said:

I think it's solved now. I'm a little clumsy with this as you can see 😅

Happens to the best 😂 

I still think it looked better yesterday. I know most of you guys don’t agree with me on that though. I will take a look at the whole region once I crawl out of bed to make up my mind 😃

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ester89 said:

Here are 2 screenshots taken just a day apart.  The first from a few minutes ago, the second yesterday at 13:08 UTC +1.  To my untrained eyes, the region is looking pretty good 

Screenshot_20240324_102444_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg.3748af58350eaf8bdb786cb5363dd649.jpg

Screenshot_20240323_130812_SpaceWeatherLive.jpg.b85e36826d526e300eed7594fccace97.jpg

Outwardly, it looks like it "simplified" I would agree. But I see a delta or two that was not present before, suggesting the spot has more ass behind it - so to speak.

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Happens to the best 😂 

I still think it looked better yesterday. I know most of you guys don’t agree with me on that though. I will take a look at the whole region once I crawl out of bed to make up my mind 😃

Don't know about the region structure, but based on X-ray flux - it has gone down for sure compared to yesterday when we had almost constant back-to-back M-flares. Now only few impulsive M-flares.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Christopher Shriver said:

Outwardly, it looks like it "simplified" I would agree. But I see a delta or two that was not present before, suggesting the spot has more ass behind it - so to speak.

Yes, when deltas die new ones form elsewhere. As long as that happens the region wouldn’t be considered decaying. It looks juicy still :) I just noticed it looked a bit more juicy yesterday with all the opposite umbras mashed and snuck together tightly almost directly touching in some areas.

2 hours ago, Christopher Shriver said:

On that note, as a fellow Mediterranean-descendant, what does your meat consumption consist of? PM me if interested in talking about that. Currently wondering what proteins to include in my diet; primarily a chicken/beef eater, pork/seafood secondary.

I see we have a react troll as well; I feel I am well within my right to immediately spot and acknowledge that which does not belong in a even remotely scientific community, but yet I call light-hearted attention to it and it receives additional "hyping up" of whatever is to come as a result from who? What?

Anyways, I said to PM me if interested in talking about it and someone else reacted before you did, so I had to just elucidate the reality of putting a shirtless "buff" pic of yourself up on this aurora watching website.

My profile picture and name is taken from my Facebook immediately upon sign up. I don't know what you mean by the rest of your statement.

2 uren geleden, Christopher Shriver zei:

This is a... special... reply... Anyone can use any profile picture he or she wants as long as it is in good taste and follows our community guidelines. Which his image complies with. As he stated himself, it is a picture from his Facebook profile. Commenting on it is... I'd say a tad weird and off topic, especially when you are bringing food in the discussion? If you really want to discuss food habits or whatever, just take it to PM's directly next time and let's keep this topic about one of the most exciting sunspot region in years.

13 minuten geleden, Sotiris Konstantis zei:

My profile picture and name is taken from my Facebook immediately upon sign up. I don't know what you mean by the rest of your statement.

You didn't had to change your picture @Sotiris Konstantis if you didn't feel like it. It wasn't inappropriate at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1