AR3615

Wolf star
Go to solution Solved by Davbit,

1 hour ago, MeteoLatvia said:

Looks like the region is yet again getting brighter in AIA 131 - more acitivity starting to ramp up there.

I think it will actually produce a CME that's worth talking about soon. The erratic pattern of coronal loops visible in 131aia is something I've noticed before long duration flare. Once those loops start shooting out that'll be a very good sign of an eruption. 

I'm mentally preparing myself for a strong X10 flare with a full halo CME just when it disappeared behind the limb. Ar3615 and 3614 is out on a trolling streak considering the northward Bz of last time haha

On 3/29/2024 at 2:02 PM, Parabolic said:

I think it will actually produce a CME that's worth talking about soon. The erratic pattern of coronal loops visible in 131aia is something I've noticed before long duration flare. Once those loops start shooting out that'll be a very good sign of an eruption. 

Good call. Haha. 

• Haha 1

Yes, I agree this will produce a signifcant CME off the western hemisphere equator. A *very nice* flux rope has been developing above the region over the past few days. More sadness for Earth, but should look excellent in coronagraph! 

Yeah no CME from this flare, but just look at the overall area after the flare now, it's all moving/lifting, might be another eruption incoming if it keeps this movement up

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

Yep, it seems like just another slow CME from the region. AIA 171 looks cool though

AIA 171 & AIA 131 are my favorite. Pretty light shows and good observational data.

41 minutes ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Good call. Haha. 

Now we just have to wait for the protons to rise haha

1 hour ago, Parabolic said:

AIA 171 & AIA 131 are my favorite. Pretty light shows and good observational data.

Now we just have to wait for the protons to rise haha

131 is definitely my favourite too. However I missed some details in a filament awhile back that 193 plainly showed.    3615 is currently mocking us by sticking its flare tongue out for over an hour now.  
😈

Edited by hamateur 1953
Evil AR