AR3615

Wolf star
Go to solution Solved by Davbit,

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

what Angstrom did you see movement in? 

AIA 131, I'll link it one second

4352885c6867a6605448a70b646f3da4.png

I might be wrong though, maybe it is an arcade or something like it?

Edited by chronical

9 minutes ago, Adohran said:

That's got to be a long duration one, but there seems to be no CME, or is it too early to say?

I think we won't see any CME since it's still magnetically caged according to the page that @Philalethes shared earlier.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chronical said:

AIA 131, I'll link it one second

4352885c6867a6605448a70b646f3da4.png

I might be wrong though, maybe it is an arcade or something like it?

Hmm, maybe. But 195Å shows literally nothing sooo… But I don‘t know if it always shows up on 195 so yeah

• Like 1

It wouldn’t surprise many of us here if it returns again.  11976 took three passes in 1972 before it started dealing out the big stuff our way.  To get a good region on the way up to solar max is very encouraging to me anyway.  

• Cool 1

This most recent flare seems somewhat similar to the previous X-flare event. Obviously this one was double peaked. Though in SDO AIA 171 imagery there was a flare to get things going then 2 or 3 different areas within the region had their own flares during the event.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silverstingray said:

DONKI is saying the M9/X1 produced a CME

Although it hasn’t been modelled yet. 

Mike and 🐈‍⬛Applauding. We want some plasma now please! 😂

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, silverstingray said:

Donki is stupid to coordinate, can you provide me the link to the CME you mentioned? I myself saw no real CME leaving. But noaa seems to agree. @mozy may be interesting for you! @Jesterface23 what are your thoughts? https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/news/limb-event-cme-associated-x1-flare-28-march-2024

here is NOAAs article about it. They say they will model it but the south/western direction make it unlikely. 

5 uren geleden, Justice Aldine zei:

How long does it take for them to come back around? Sorry newer to this.

Welcome! 2 weeks

2 uren geleden, silverstingray zei:

There was.... but it's tiny.... like... very very very minor. Like a puff....

3.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

Welcome! 2 weeks

There was.... but it's tiny.... like... very very very minor. Like a puff....

3.png

Oh, thank you! Do you think it has an earth directed component? I mean, seems to be very minor so that would prompt the question if it can even reach L1 I guess. I’m just wondering because NOAA usually does not report tiny puffs 🤔 but I also recently noticed they post much more (and also more lively) on social media like Twitter/X - maybe some new social media staff 😂❤️

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Donki is stupid to coordinate, can you provide me the link to the CME you mentioned? I myself saw no real CME leaving. But noaa seems to agree. @mozy may be interesting for you! @Jesterface23 what are your thoughts? https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/news/limb-event-cme-associated-x1-flare-28-march-2024

here is NOAAs article about it. They say they will model it but the south/western direction make it unlikely. 

I just use DONKI & SEEDS.

LINK TO SEEDS= http://spaceweather.gmu.edu/seeds/realtime.php

The end of the 28th shows the beginning of its launch- it’s not very big though. 

Edited by silverstingray
  • Like 1

What's up with this region stopping at C9 (now C9.9) the whole day lol, get over the M threshold already 😎

Edit: Thank you lol

Edited by mozy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

Looks like the region is yet again getting brighter in AIA 131 - more acitivity starting to ramp up there.

It produced some minor M Flares but I think that will be it.