AR3615

Wolf star
Go to solution Solved by Davbit,

1 hour ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

What do you think of the development of the region? It's gone quiet but that background flux is still holding above C2.

The spots are shrinking, the deltas (to me) look very small with not much shear, as seen in less flaring and the lowest flux of the past 3 days i think. opinions welcome

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

The spots are shrinking, the deltas (to me) look very small with not much shear, as seen in less flaring and the lowest flux of the past 3 days i think. opinions welcome

Still it doesn't look that bad but compared to what it was yesterday it's definitely not there. Let's see how it develops as it's heading for the limb slowly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

Still it doesn't look that bad but compared to what it was yesterday it's definitely not there. Let's see how it develops as it's heading for the limb slowly.

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

These positive polarity spots have been slowly growing for the last 6 hours or so. I think the most eastern positive spot is still a delta as it shares the large negative spots penumbra. It definitely has consolidated it's leader spots a bit but I think it'll get active again relatively soon. It was initially pretty quiet for a few days. Also, the filament going through AR3614 is growing again so maybe we'll have a repeat similar to the 23rd.

Screenshot_20240324-201716~5.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

These positive polarity spots have been slowly growing for the last 6 hours or so. I think the most eastern positive spot is still a delta as it shares the large negative spots penumbra. It definitely has consolidated it's leader spots a bit but I think it'll get active again relatively soon. It was initially pretty quiet for a few days. Also, the filament going through AR3614 is growing again so maybe we'll have a repeat similar to the 23rd.

Screenshot_20240324-201716~5.png

Region is indeed starting to look a little better once again, time will tell.

• Like 1

Very impulsive M4.4 flare from this small delta spot.

5a5eced0fa2e35f4ab2a30942521fee2.png

Edit: 20 min after the flare

This is how that delta looks after, completely killed itself with the flare.

b5c4716584f485636f8af9ec4731c31d.png

Edited by mozy
  • Like 2

1 uur geleden, hamateur 1953 zei:

Well this region has a history of coming back from the dead.  Hopefully it has the time to nail us. But I would agree, it doesn’t look good presently. 

I could have predicted this (calculated) beforehand. However, since I am not allowed to publish them anymore… 

2 minutes ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

I could have predicted this (calculated) beforehand. However, since I am not allowed to publish them anymore… 

Sure you could've..

14 hours ago, Patrick P.A. Geryl said:

May I put them again in the unproven theories?

That is the appropriate location per our moderators If I am not mistaken. However, this caveat, If I may Patrick please refrain from remarks like “ I already gave everything “ etc.  This may appear patronising at the very least to most. And should @3gMikereturn or @Jesterface23 pose a sensible rational question in UPT, do your best to interact with them in a civil manner.  We are only fellow members here, none of us better or worse than the rest in my opinion. Mike   Edit:  I really enjoy looking at Jan Alvestad’s historical charts which provide a very clear record of SC data back until SC 19.  You will have an extremely difficult time convincing me that you can predict anything other than the approximate length of a particular SC Or a general maximum using accumulated data from the first 18 months or so.  @libmar96  btw Hagrid will be coming along too.  Haha   For those people that are clueless on Who the heck Hagrid actually is, he is my companion presently @libmar96 did a hilarious meme in our spaceweather memes section   Mike 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Caveats typos
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, mozy said:

Very impulsive M4.4 flare from this small delta spot.

5a5eced0fa2e35f4ab2a30942521fee2.png

Edit: 20 min after the flare

This is how that delta looks after, completely killed itself with the flare.

b5c4716584f485636f8af9ec4731c31d.png

I think delta is back again.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Yes, but we don't have anything better right now anyway. This area may not be dead yet. Don't forget it's getting close to the limb.:lol:

• Haha 1

I think the region is slowly "decaying", but by that I mean - the flaring activity, not the region itself. In my opinion, the region is just too open and there is limited compactness between sunspots, so "pressure" is building inside the region which would cause a major flare. This is just my opinion that I have based on previous experience observing sunspots. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

I think the region is slowly "decaying", but by that I mean - the flaring activity, not the region itself. In my opinion, the region is just too open and there is limited compactness between sunspots, so "pressure" is building inside the region which would cause a major flare. This is just my opinion that I have based on previous experience observing sunspots. :)

It seems to me too. That it is developing again in the last hours. Mainly in marked areas.

snimek.jpg

7 minutes ago, Wolf star said:

It seems to me too. That it is developing again in the last hours. Mainly in marked areas.

snimek.jpg

Unfortunately the negative flux is struggling to form umbrae cores in those areas, not expecting much if they keep struggling like this.

Edited by mozy

5 minutes ago, mozy said:

Unfortunately the negative flux is struggling to form umbrae cores in those areas, not expecting much if they keep struggling like this.

Probably yes. But it is better to live with the hope that something spectacular may come than with the hopelessness that nothing awaits us.;)

1 minute ago, Wolf star said:

Probably yes. But it is better to live with the hope that something spectacular may come than with the hopelessness that nothing awaits us.;)

I mean it better come now then or It's too late for an earth directed one soon 😎

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

So you think pressure in the region is building?