CMEs and geomagnetic storming ×

AR3615

Wolf star
Go to solution Solved by Davbit,

Impulsive M Class flare, waiting for Suvi to confirm if its from this region

Update: M flare indeed from 3615. Weirdly, from the northern leading portion. I will take a look at SDO to see if theres a delta or anything, last time i took a look it was all negative.

6 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Impulsive M Class flare, waiting for Suvi to confirm if its from this region

Update: M flare indeed from 3615. Weirdly, from the northern leading portion. I will take a look at SDO to see if theres a delta or anything, last time i took a look it was all negative.

It's from the same delta as previous M flare

10 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

thank you. do you think it killed itself again?

the southern delta in the trailing portion looks better

The trailing one looks good & has been doing so for long now, but it hasn't done much at all so not sure if it even will 

Edited by mozy

1 minute ago, mozy said:

The trailing one looks good & has been doing so for long now, but it hasn't done much at all so not sure if it even will 

I did not really watch the region over the day, so i dont know. i can only compare with the morning and it looks better than it did. do you think the region is still good?

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

I did not really watch the region over the day, so i dont know. i can only compare with the morning and it looks better than it did. do you think the region is still good?

Nah overall the region is a mess, unless we see new growth soon It's just gonna keep dying out now.

14 minutes ago, mozy said:

The trailing delta finally acting up a little lol

Yep, 2 M flares! They look impulsive though, right? (I’m on mobile and the swpc hates mobiles)

Update : one seems to come from the north @mozy

5 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

Yep, 2 M flares! They look impulsive though, right? (I’m on mobile and the swpc hates mobiles)

Update : one seems to come from the north @mozy

Yeah didn't see there was a second M-flare when I was typing :D

27 minutes ago, mozy said:

Yeah didn't see there was a second M-flare when I was typing :D

I wonder where the northern flare came from. Sadly need to wait a bit longer until on my Desktop. Sdo does work on my iPhone but rather ratty..

2 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

i think the region looks better, what are your thoughts @mozy ? Just had my first look of the day.

Yeah, It might be cooking something up, getting super active, incoming eruption hopefully 😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

you think? Which delta do you think is the most potent?

None of them look great currently, hard to say.

But we do have one in the middle of the region almost that looks okey, just small.

Edited by mozy

Just now, MinYoongi said:

I agree, thats why im puzzled about the activity right now

Well It's still a really complex region with positive umbrae spots in all negative penumbra & with constant new spots forming now, probably why. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misaka said:

70 C-Flares and 33 M-Flares later and unfortunately this region hasn't much for us so far ☹️

Seems to be a recurring theme with big & impressive regions this solar cycle..