AR3615

Wolf star
Go to solution Solved by Davbit,

Of course, most activity happens when I'm asleep :D ...but - here we go! SOHO/LASCO data now comes in and full halo CME is visible.

*not related to AR3615

23_03_2024_0839.thumb.jpg.4e2a2b21ef5eee6f1346314825dceac1.jpg

Edited by MeteoLatvia
Mistake
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

Of course, most activity happens when I'm asleep :D ...but - here we go! SOHO/LASCO data now comes in and full halo CME is visible.

same! i woke up and so all these notifications and got a feeling it is a dream

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

The CME originates from region 3614

4 minutes ago, Ester89 said:

Just burned again, a little M1 flare

Another flare

5 minutes ago, Adrian Kobyłecki said:

The CME originates from region 3614

I apologize. Will delete it now.

P.S. Didn't know how to delete it, but edited it so it is not misleading. :(

9 minutes ago, Ester89 said:

Just burned again, a little M1 flare

And yet another flare - this time already M2.4. Going into rapid-fire mode. :D

Edited by MeteoLatvia

25 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

The magnetic complexity of this region has shown nice growth with several strong delta spots close to other spots so magnetic shear is there. X-class flares seems very likely. 

This region begins to remind me the 2017 one as far as growth and complexity (and excitement). Of course not there (yet?) but truth is that it's at the best position it could be right now. X flares are almost certain I'd say.

Here's a comparison:

AR12673 1 day growth (3rd to 4th September 2017)

2673_HMIBC.jpg

2673_HMIBC.jpg

AR3615 (today)

image_2024-03-23_103108414.png.1bf39d6b6d6062bee50e51e4a6129ceb.png

Edited by Sotiris Konstantis

9 minutes ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

This region begins to remind me the 2017 one as far as growth and complexity (and excitement).

Always hoping to see another region with the such extreme magnetic shear and strength pop up from one of these. Haven't seen one yet this cycle though.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

The magnetic complexity of this region has shown nice growth with several strong delta spots close to other spots so magnetic shear is there. X-class flares seems very likely. 

The southern deltas? :) just so I don’t miss one :D good morning.

33 minutes ago, Open said:

The X Flare came from a Beta spot???

It got misassigned. Region 3615 gave us the clear X-Class flare. It is hard to tell if 3614 reached X-Class, but it likely reached high end M-Class at minimum.

This is the region that gave us the strongest flare of the cycle and couldn't figure out how to launch a CME lol

Wait, this is 3615 topic. Pretend this is in the other one.

Edited by Jesterface23

14 minutes ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

The region is changing so fast. I now see another area of high interest growing maybe yet another delta? 

image_2024-03-23_134247700-min.png.688e59b20951c1f747c58637aaa05f29.png

It would be good to also attach the Intensigram because the magnetogram alone can be deceiving since it sometimes shows areas with no underlying spots

19 minutes ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

The region is changing so fast. I now see another area of high interest growing maybe yet another delta? 

image_2024-03-23_134247700-min.png.688e59b20951c1f747c58637aaa05f29.png

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

It would be good to also attach the Intensigram because the magnetogram alone can be deceiving since it sometimes shows areas with no underlying spots

Yep, always best to compare with the i-gram to make sure; but in this case it's definitely a delta, and all the deltas in the lower left portion of the region are still impressive. This region definitely still has potential.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philalethes said:

Yep, always best to compare with the i-gram to make sure; but in this case it's definitely a delta, and all the deltas in the lower left portion of the region are still impressive. This region definitely still has potential.

i agree :) 

I have a question regarding yesterdays flare, is this region "magnetic caging" too? Because there was no cme. i had a conversation with @Landon Moeller about it. 

If this was a limb region this setup would already have shot off bunch of X-flares or CME's 😎 These small non-eruptive M-flares are so boring

Edited by mozy

4 minutes ago, mozy said:

If this was a limb region this setup would already have shot off bunch of X-flares or CME's 😎 These small non-eruptive M-flares are so boring

I believe it won't be long till we see something better than low M's from this one. It would be a shocker if it doesn't produce at least an X flare (without help this time 😄)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sotiris Konstantis said:

I believe it won't be long till we see something better than low M's from this one. It would be a shocker if it doesn't produce at least an X flare (without help this time 😄)

dont get too excited for it will greet us when it will be at the limb:P