AR3615

Wolf star
Go to solution Solved by Davbit,

Surprised and excited when I got off work and saw how the region has developed since I last looked about 14 hours ago. I trust that 3615 will give us something good!! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

This region is really interesting. Complex and facing Earth right now with a solid potential for a large flare. It has the ingredients for fireworks. Exciting!

Thank you for the Update, really nice tweet ^-^ 

17 minutes ago, Marcel de Bont said:

This region is really interesting. Complex and facing Earth right now with a solid potential for a large flare. It has the ingredients for fireworks. Exciting!

When we are getting video on SpaceWeatherLive's social media we can be sure - things are cookin' up. :D 

But seriously, this region is exploding with new spots. I think there is already more than 60 spots and it keeps going. If not largest, then one of most complex regions in this cycle for sure.22_03_2024_1613.thumb.jpg.cf3a98edfc94f4ba269af37bcd6f7e49.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Rockandroll 3615   Y’all clearly have our permissions. All 53 or more of of dem sunspots.  Conspire to perform If ya please …

3615.  Please see @Pegasus51 note above.  Exponential in particular keepitup please. 

I just awoke @Ester89  haha. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Addenda
  • Like 2

image.png?ex=66101af9&is=65fda5f9&hm=dba

In the last few hours the solar activity is almost always in the upper C range. Shortly before the X5 Flare on 31.12.2023 it was similar. Maybe a good sign

4 minutes ago, chronical said:

Those C-flares are associated with a plasma eruption with 3614, so I don't believe that an X5 will follow.

Yes you are right. Completely forgot about 3614 😅

9 minutes ago, Misaka said:

image.png?ex=66101af9&is=65fda5f9&hm=dba

In the last few hours the solar activity is almost always in the upper C range. Shortly before the X5 Flare on 31.12.2023 it was similar. Maybe a good sign

This actually comes from region 3614 - there was a large filament eruption from it. Region 3165 is still rather "quiet", but for sure boosts the background flux levels.

P.S. Made a quick graphic to illustrate it. :)22_03_2024_1751.thumb.jpg.6a0622ad2b075326d0856840ae009eee.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ester89 said:

Surprised and excited when I got off work and saw how the region has developed since I last looked about 14 hours ago. I trust that 3615 will give us something good!! 

Looks like it has really done well! 

Edited by hamateur 1953
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MeteoLatvia said:

How I like these moments - complex region on Earth-strike zone that can flare and erupt any moment. Like bomb with fuse, when it will explode - no one knows. :D

Whenever I would like to have a real good look at the glowing ball in the sky, I usually go to the solar dynamics observatory website. Is that the best way to get up-to-date images?

3 minutes ago, WhereingtonEvent said:

Whenever I would like to have a real good look at the glowing ball in the sky, I usually go to the solar dynamics observatory website. Is that the best way to get up-to-date images?

Yes. Suvi is also good. :) Suvi <-

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WhereingtonEvent said:

https://iswa.gsfc.nasa.gov/IswaSystemWebApp/index.jsp?i_1=675&l_1=19&t_1=290&w_1=1193&h_1=1210&s_1=2024-03-22 02:19:06.0_5

This is a movie player for SDO. You can pick which date and if you want a still image or a video. You can choose up to 300 frames at 20 frames a second and choose all wavelengths SDO has to offer. The green arrows by the timestamp refresh the window. I usually pick 150frames at 10fps

This sight has just about everything to offer!

Edited by Parabolic
Typo
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, WhereingtonEvent said:

Aurora Compass has a great solar animation tool too with animated region numbering and x-ray flux ;)

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

This region is starting to brighten a lot and its flux loops are getting a lot tighter/more intense (131aia & 171aia). AR3514's decay will probably allow AR3515 to finally let off a decent flare.

Edited by Parabolic
Typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

This region is starting to brighten a lot and its flux loops are getting a lot tighter/more intense (131aia & 171aia). AR3514's decay will probably allow AR3515 to finally let off a decent flare.

M-flare now.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1