Region 3590

Ingolf

17 minutes ago, Philalethes said:

It's a bit past the central meridian, but it's close.

The objection here is to saying that it'd be "destructive", because even a relatively strong CME would be highly unlikely to have any "destructive" consequences; most people here pray to the eldritch deities of the cosmos for Earth-directed CMEs, due to the brilliant auroral displays they bring with them and all the exciting data that's useful to further our understanding of Solar physics and space weather. For anything to be "destructive" it'd have to be a historic event, and even in that case I bet most people frequenting this forum would still probably consider it a net positive.

So most of us would say something like, "today would be one of the most fantastic/amazing/awesome days for it to release a CME!" instead.

Thank you buddy was my first post you seems quite nice. 

1 hour ago, Philalethes said:

and even in that case I bet most people frequenting this forum would still probably consider it a net positive.

that bit made me LOL :D

today personally speaking i feel like the sun is just being awkward with me cos i said its taking a breath... and now its been holding it for a whole day

2 hours ago, Philalethes said:

It's a bit past the central meridian, but it's close.

The objection here is to saying that it'd be "destructive", because even a relatively strong CME would be highly unlikely to have any "destructive" consequences; most people here pray to the eldritch deities of the cosmos for Earth-directed CMEs, due to the brilliant auroral displays they bring with them and all the exciting data that's useful to further our understanding of Solar physics and space weather. For anything to be "destructive" it'd have to be a historic event, and even in that case I bet most people frequenting this forum would still probably consider it a net positive.

So most of us would say something like, "today would be one of the most fantastic/amazing/awesome days for it to release a CME!" instead.

A net positive. Love it!  Outta likes and laughs darnit. Haha

• Haha 1

Just now, MinYoongi said:

why? (what are the signs) :) And yes flare from this region! i was right :D 

Because it's slow rising & if you check SUVI a lot of movement in the southern part of the region, might be a CME release, too early to say though, but hopefully it triggers the whole region to pop off now.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Just now, mozy said:

Huh? We've talked about this like 3 times this past month lol

I may just misunderstood you then. Sometimes i misinterpret stuff or think around a corner. :D I now know what you meant. thought you meant a flare making the region more complex and not filaments/ejecta making stuff pop off.

i can see movement to the south too, but could that just be movement and not a release either? or is movement like that in 195A always an eruption? :) 

Just now, MinYoongi said:

I may just misunderstood you then. Sometimes i misinterpret stuff or think around a corner. :D I now know what you meant. thought you meant a flare making the region more complex and not filaments/ejecta making stuff pop off.

i can see movement to the south too, but could that just be movement and not a release either? or is movement like that in 195A always an eruption? :) 

Ah, yes it could be movement without anything releasing, but It's a good sign for now, if something does lift off it can escalate into a bigger flare as we've seen previous weeks :D

Just now, mozy said:

Ah, yes it could be movement without anything releasing, but It's a good sign for now, if something does lift off it can escalate into a bigger flare as we've seen previous weeks :D

yes this is something i actually fully remember we've talked about :) 

Have you seen that the northwestern region flared at the same time? Are they connected in some way?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

yes this is something i actually fully remember we've talked about :) 

Have you seen that the northwestern region flared at the same time? Are they connected in some way?

Yes I saw, I still find that fascinating, simultaneous eruptions.

Just now, Landon Moeller said:

I agree. This flare looks eruptive. Very evident just south of the region

yes im seeing movement too. :) What do you think at first glance so far? 

2 minutes ago, mozy said:

Yes I saw, I still find that fascinating, simultaneous eruptions.

i read a good thread about them a while ago, do you want me to link it to you if i can find it?