Region 3590

Ingolf

13 minutes ago, Davbit said:

Looks like we got a new delta spot 👀

The region is still cooking, seems like its not done yet. 

Screenshot (278).jpg

Wow this looks way more magnetically complex than yesterday. I was wondering why we were getting more M flares today. Cmon… right on center disk…

2 hours ago, NEAurora said:

Looks like the good folks at NOAA are so upset that there was no CME with yesterdays x6 that they eliminated all evidence of the flare having existed 😁.  Joking, but it’s a little funny that the flare is missing from their time series.

IMG_2018.jpeg

Last night a made a screenshot for my own evidence of the X6.4 flare

https://imgur.com/a/JuQEdHt

5 minutes ago, Chris_Wicklund said:

Wow this looks way more magnetically complex than yesterday. I was wondering why we were getting more M flares today. Cmon… right on center disk…

Is it in a good position yet? 

Yeah it grew a bit but i dont know how to classify this region anymore.. it surprised us 3 times lol 

It’s definitely a beta gamma delta still. Especially with that new spot to the south of the big one. I also am thinking the whole group is a large delta now that both larger penumbra’s are overlapping. 

39 minutes ago, Herr Salz said:

An interesting thing to see.

It's interesting, but I'm not sure I'd say it's that strange. The large spot in 3590 is positive while the CH is negative, so it's not that surprising that there are some transequatorial field lines between them. It can be seen in the PFSS imagery:

latest-4096-0193pfss.jpg

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Swpc did downgrade it to a BG. However it is still producing mid level C class and an M or Two.   It also picked up new spots and area at last posting. I think it’s close or over 1,000 millionths If I am not mistaken.  Edit. I checked solar soft for activity. Rockandroll  deltas or not and evidently SWPC sees em too now. 

Edited by hamateur 1953

1 minute ago, hamateur 1953 said:

Swpc did downgrade it to a BG. However it is still producing mid level C class and an M or Two.   It also picked up new spots and area at last posting. I think it’s close or over 1,000 millionths If I am not mistaken.  

Swpc never make any sense anyways, it still has atleast 2 deltas that is as clear as day..

18 minutes ago, cgrant26 said:

Already disappearing. :(

spacer.png

Still see a couple deltas in that large negative spot though.

The images you're showing are way older than the one you're quoting though

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, willow said:

the spots of the opposite polarities are getting closer and closer to eachother. interesting watch

Interesting observation. I wonder if this would have any significance as to whether it might massively flare again soon?? One of the more interesting spots so far this year.

41 minutes ago, mozy said:

The images you're showing are way older than the one you're quoting though

Well son of a.., I picked today's date (my time zone) and then grabbed 12:15 UT forgetting that was 24 hours earlier than I was intending to grab. Been working on 4 hours of sleep a night all week. I'll just crawl back into my hole now. lol. Sorry for the confusion.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, AurorahunterPA said:

Interesting observation. I wonder if this would have any significance as to whether it might massively flare again soon?? One of the more interesting spots so far this year.

it already has a really interesting and complicated configuration, so i think the opposite polarities getting closer is a really good sign for a big flare 😁 it already has 20% for an X flare, and it keeps growing and changing fast, so i think we will see more action from this region soon. Hopefully something eruptive 🤞

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jesterface23 said:

Okay, it's still alive

Certainly! I read on Twitter it’s decaying but I don’t really spot much decay from having a Quick Look. The thing I could see is that the positive spot may be rotating east a bit faster moving away from the negative but unsure