Region 3590

Ingolf

1 hour ago, Ingolf said:

Let's hope... Right now just a solid Alpha. 

Were seeing only the first spot, who knows what its still hiding, with what we saw on the helioseismic map there’s probably more :)

16 minutes ago, chronical said:

Were seeing only the first spot, who knows what its still hiding, with what we saw on the helioseismic map there’s probably more :)

with great certaintivity there is more than this one spot

• Like 1

Yes.  And it certainly appears quite bright in 131 angstroms. I never look at the shorter wavelengths but perhaps because these might be better representative of higher activity maybe I should experiment with that also… 93 I think is the next shorter…. 

• Like 3

Before the region turns in I have a quick question. 3590 is still an Alpha Region. I understand this when I look at the first big spot. But what about the part that will follow and we can barely see already?

There were polarities in order of positive negative negative positive. Is this still Alpha? 

Or will the not yet visible part get an own number by noaa and is another region? 

50 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

Update: 
I made a new picture of the region, and the trailing spots look very good. Note that i specifically darkened the edge there (yes i know it might not make sense but thats how pixel values work, get the vaue down, mark it out and increase it -> it pops more and not sao visible stuff becomnes visible, lol😅) so i can bring out the spots there a little bit better with the sharpening tool, it sadly got pixelated and i dont know what the cause was, but well its a good enough picture (i hope) so that we can have a look what awaits us when it tures further and further in the earth-facing corridor where it hopefully plops off some nice show for us, haha😅

Screenshot-2024-02-19-162819.jpg

hopefully not and it actually seems to grow as it comes ´round

Good work. For your base image what file quality do you using before the editing? Being a photographer myself I know a thing or two about making details that were once invisible appear. Biggest factors for success are the quality of the device recording the image and retaining that quality in the image data when the file is uploaded/downloaded. 

2 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

Before the region turns in I have a quick question. 3590 is still an Alpha Region. I understand this when I look at the first big spot. But what about the part that will follow and we can barely see already?

There were polarities in order of positive negative negative positive. Is this still Alpha? 

Or will the not yet visible part get an own number by noaa and is another region? 

I haven't looked at it yet but it's possible the others have or will be soon so I can't tell yet. As for SWPC/USAF official classification they usually update it around 00:30 UTC give or take an hour.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Parabolic said:

Good work. For your base image what file quality do you using before the editing? Being a photographer myself I know a thing or two about making details that were once invisible appear. Biggest factors for success are the quality of the device recording the image and retaining that quality in the image data when the file is uploaded/downloaded. 

I always use the best file quality i can get my hands on. But what do you mean exactly? I always use the 4096x4096 image from SDO, download that and then edit a portion of it

3590 is flaring right now, lol

latest.png

also i noticed there are a lot of new spots forming around our nice region, AR 3590. hopefully this keeps up nd we will soon se a very complex and crispy (deltaic) region which gives us one or the other bis pop.
Well i dont know but it is looking very good. As far as complexity wise, i cant tell at the moment because the HMIBC pictures are way to distorted for that at the moment. we cant even register the full magnetic layout of all that is trailing - yet.

Edited by Solar_Marcel
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jesterface23 said:

It looks like the region might all be on our side of the disk now. Here is a side view of the region,

image.jpeg.ec5cb1b4bcab52b9d12a3be630566c97.jpeg

the trailing stuff looks cool, and there are some spots there that developed recently

@Jesterface23 where do you get the pictures of the regions? I mean i make mine myself but these are far better and i also could edit them so that they become even better (jk) hahah😂

Edited by Solar_Marcel

I don't really understand the fuss about this region, it has yet to produce anything that's worth of mentioning (even on the farside). Doesn't look anything special so far either 😅

Edited by mozy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mozy said:

I don't really understand the fuss about this region, it has yet to produce anything that's worth of mentioning (even on the farside). Doesn't look anything special so far either 😅

it produced one flare so far😂

and complexity - yes could be better, but its developing fast (i guess by looking at the tiny spot that formed maybe 2 hours ago)

Edited by Solar_Marcel

16 minutes ago, mozy said:

Yep

15 minutes ago, Solar_Marcel said:

it produced one flare so far😂

and complexity - yes could be better, but its developing fast (i guess by looking at the tiny spot that formed maybe 2 hours ago)

I dont really saw anything developing, do you maybe have a hint where exactly to look=?

4 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I dont really saw anything developing, do you maybe have a hint where exactly to look=?

Right under the bis spot and right between, there are a few spots that suddenly were there
i also could be wrong here idk

11 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

Second one is that 3590 will produce the biggest earth directed Flare in this SC in exactly 86 hours. Remember my words ☝️ 

hahahahaha i laughed so hard the moment i read the last sentence😂 sadly, ran out of reactions to add
im counting down the hours now... 85,9hrs too go....

Edited by Solar_Marcel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Ingolf said:

Second one is that 3590 will produce the biggest earth directed Flare in this SC in exactly 86 hours. Remember my words ☝️ 

well if it will happen in 86 hours it will not be earth-directed. you better be joking and save it for later

• Haha 1