Region 3590

Ingolf

3 hours ago, Vancanneyt Sander said:

big region does not equal big flare potential... it's all about magnetic complexity and currently it doesn't look complex enough for big flares. 

wrong side of the limb for that 😉 keep in mind that the eastern limb has lower potential for Earthward directed component from a wide CME as it's against the Parker spiral. CME's launched on the western limb have a higher potential for an Earthward directed component from a wide CME.

PS.: welcome on the forum 😉

Good point, I did not think about that!
Thank you for the welcome :)

3 hours ago, tniickck said:

this region is not even in top 25 regions by size of this cycle

and it is not complex at all so it will give us nothing

I certainly hope you are correct 🙏

17 minutes ago, Trip said:

Good point, I did not think about that!
Thank you for the welcome :)

I certainly hope you are correct 🙏

Nice to have you here. Now strap in and get ready to go down the never ending rabbit hole! 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Solar_Marcel said:

its classified beta delta now.

lol it was the same with 3576... i said that and then the delta(s) exploded

it also grew a lot of sunspots 

Flux is going down tho.. I’m gonna look in a short while but I did not see any deltas last time I checked, is it a small one I might missed?

Took a new look.. I mean yeah I think I can see it but there’s not a lot of blue overall in the trailing section. Seems to be developing though according to you guys? 😃 I overslept most of it !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MinYoongi said:

Flux is going down tho.. I’m gonna look in a short while but I did not see any deltas last time I checked, is it a small one I might missed?

Took a new look.. I mean yeah I think I can see it but there’s not a lot of blue overall in the trailing section. Seems to be developing though according to you guys? 😃 I overslept most of it !

I would not call it delta at Its current state

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

Yeah same but someone here said, I think Marcel, that it’s classified as delta.. hence my confusion

nono its all my fault
i missread the classification due to early morning...

i ofc meant beta gamma... beta delta yeah sure oh my god... 😓

Sorry, my fault here, i apologise

4 hours ago, MinYoongi said:

the Flux actually is at 153, one more as yesterday lol

Edited by Solar_Marcel
ooooooooops

1 hour ago, Solar_Marcel said:

nono its all my fault
i missread the classification due to early morning...

i ofc meant beta gamma... beta delta yeah sure oh my god... 😓

Sorry, my fault here, i apologise

the Flux actually is at 153, one more as yesterday lol

Don’t apologize 😃 I just searched like a dummy lol.

i meant background X-Ray flux. Normal flux should increase more today.

https://www.lmsal.com/solarsoft/latest_events/  3590 just spit out a low level c 3.4. It is currently competing with what likely is incoming S36 ( old 3575) 3590 seems to have been increasing in overall activity ( solar soft) over the last day.  Use the link above to track the 20 most recent events. Viewable at the bottom. 

Edited by hamateur 1953
Added link
  • Like 1