Region 3590

Ingolf

1 minute ago, Tomasz Mielec said:

Its looks like impulsive flare, so CME its not expected that mutch

there is something in suvi

3 minutes ago, arjemma said:

Please write in English.

Really nice eruption, let’s hope for a big CME 😎

what do you think based on suvi 304? There is ejecta but based on where the region currently is and trajectory on suvi i dont know if its much for earth. i'd love opinions though since im often wrong! :D (and not ashamed to admit that!)

1 minute ago, MinYoongi said:

what do you think based on suvi 304? There is ejecta but based on where the region currently is and trajectory on suvi i dont know if its much for earth. i'd love opinions though since im often wrong! :D (and not ashamed to admit that!)

You're always too fast on these questions, the images have barely come in, no one can say anything yet 😅

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, arjemma said:

Too early to say if this is an impulsive flare, it just started. Also a CME is more likely when flares go over X-class. 

It’s dropping back to normal background X-ray levels very quickly though, why should it not be impulsive?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MinYoongi said:

I’m looking at it now and yes it does look like something was ejected. I see some dimming. Way too early though. Based on the location of the region I would say that there is a smaller chance for a direct hit but a glancing blow is possible depending on in which direction the CME is going.

I love this community and how we all can share our opinions ❤️

Edited by arjemma
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, chronical said:

It’s dropping back to normal background X-ray levels very quickly though, why should it not be impulsive?

When I was writing the comment it was too early to say if it was impulsive or not. We can’t say that directly when a flare is staring. We need to see how it calms down. So that’s why I wrote what I did. Things change fast.

• Like 1

Just now, arjemma said:

When I was writing the comment it was too early to say if it was impulsive or not. We can’t say that directly when a flare is staring. We need to see how it calms down. So that’s why I wrote what I did. Things change fast.

I see now, thanks :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris_Wicklund said:

Looking at the complexity of the region with the X flare, complexity looks to be gradually increasing today with that delta and a couple other interesting spots. Finally an X flare player heading to center disk? 

It’s getting interesting.

2 minutes ago, Chris_Wicklund said:

Looking at the complexity of the region with the X flare, complexity looks to be gradually increasing today with that delta and a couple other interesting spots. Finally an X flare player heading to center disk? 

it just produced an X flare so obviously maybe, but im still wondering based on its complexity. it grew today, but when comparing pictures from the morning to now not "spectacular" .. interesting days ahead!